40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome! I'm present and accounted for!!!

Editing....a little bit about myself...

Single, two girls 13 & 10.

Desert tortoise biologist.

Pretty darn active with lifting weights and running when I can fit it in.

Been on mfp, in some form or another since 2007.
  • sug_plum
    Options
    I'm in...all day every day!
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    here I am! newly 43 and 30 pounds down from last year and so far so good! I wouldn't describe myself as solely cool, more like odd-ly cool! I'm into things no one else is into, and I like things no one else seems to like.. so that would put me in which category? oh well, I'm here! :) Happy Monday!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    No work-outs since Wed....have been putting in 15-hour days at work....so, am now in an "unplanned" rest week.

:(

Am trying to UBER-watch my calories.

Am very stressed.

I hope to get a work-out in on Thursday.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I played softball for 2 and a half hours yesterday and then decided to do 30 pushups (for the first time since high school)

I am pretty much unable to move today. This post is only able to be enter as my fingers are essentially the only thing on my body that does not hurt.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    How are all the cool kids doing? Must all be watching the election. :smile:

Amy, impressive job playing softball for over 2 hours!

Beeps, hope things calm down for you some at work and you're able to find some time to get a "stress relieving" workout in.

Lifted yesterday and ran today. :)

Day 5 of the clean eating plan. So far, so good. :happy:
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and Canadian... but no kids. My husband and my cat think I'm pretty cool, though. ;-)
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am cool like dat.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaand now I have that song stuck in my head.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just turn 50 and life is great!!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids! Ran my first 10k n Sunday (out of order - first half marathon was Sept)... My fastest run ever, and it felt great. I couldn't run a mile when I was an actual kid!
  • clgthaxton
    Options
    I had my third child at 41. It is tough, not having as much energy as when younger. Exercising and eating well is probably your best bet at keeping up with your young one. That is one of my goals of losing weight, to keep up with my kids, and be around for them while they are growing up. Good Luck!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey weezie - I'm Canadian too! :drinker:

Welcome newbies!

Didn't get a workout in yesterday. Was at work til about 6, so headed home.
    Ran today - was a bit slow, but was good.

Today is day 6 of clean eating. Tomorrow is weigh in day. :tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    canucks rule this board - i'm in alberta.

I am going to hit a cardio class on Saturday. I expect I won't make it through. But, if I don't exercise, soon, my head is gonna pop off!

Back to regular weight-lifting schedule starting Monday. I'm going to try and get my diet under control starting today.
  • sdereski
    Options
    welcome back Beeps!

I know how you feel when you don't get your regular workouts in! In my case, I get grouchy.

I got my run in yesterday. :happy:
    Weighed in this morning - down 2.8 lbs. :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yay!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Haven't worked out since Thursday! My only saving grace is my clean eating diet. thank goodness!!

tomorrow is run day.....I am going to run!

Hope you are all doing well.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in! I've been looking for the cool kids on this site.

42 later this month--in like 10 or 13 days. It always sneaks up on me around Thanksgiving. 30s were great; 40s are even better.

Lifted today for the first time in a week. Good to get back to it.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Got to do a little better. Today I got up early and worked my hour at the gym before work. I'm hoping I'll get into this habit. It seems to work out better for me if I can go before work. It's just the getting up that will take some getting used to. :sad:
    Question for all my lifting homies: I find that splitting up my cardio helps me pass the time better, and so my routine consists of a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill, 30 minutes of lifting, followed by 20 of the elliptical for a total of 60 minutes. Does anyone with any long term lifting experience see where this would hinder me? I mean, most of my friends want to get all the cardio in first; and tell me 10 minutes isn't enough warm up time. But I'm not dawdling on the treadmill, I'm walking at a 3.6 speed with a 7 % incline. My HR is normally around 130 or so by the time I'm done. They say I should do all my cardio first.
    Opinions?

Edited for grammar errors. :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This is just my personal opinion, Jules - if you can still do 30 minutes of cardio, following your lifting, I do not think you have put enough "energy" into your lifting....lift HEAVY and you should be DEAD at the end of your lifting, in my opinion, only.

I did lift, yesterday - that's the first in 9 days. I have MAJOR DOMs today, and I forgot to get my rolling in, yesterday.

So, I'll roll at home, tonight. And, I will weigh-lift tomorrow, even if the DOMs is bad...I'll just do what I can.

I started Stage 3 of NROL4Abs, yesterday....not sure about this particular stage....will try the "B" workout tomorrow and then make a decision.

Have a great week, all!
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Beeps, are you saying that only 10 minutes of cardio is all I need if I lift heavier? Can you send me some links to that effect? I hate cardio, and would be more than happy to limit it to 10 minutes, but I'm thinking that won't be enough of a calorie burn for me. Give me some more information on that.
    And I'm still not sure about the heavy lifting thing. I promise you, you may not think I'm getting enough of a workout, but I am certainly lifting enough to keep my heart rate above 130! I'm drenched in sweat when I'm done lifting and it's not like I'm racing to do another 20 minutes, it's just that I feel like I've got more to give with lifting if I'm not tired out already with all that cardio.
    Hit me up with some info, girl!:bigsmile: