30day shred

Options

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5, and I could hardly believe it, the double skip rope, I nearly did all the way through. Normally my legs just sort of dont wanna jump any more haha.
    Just realised, half way through, yeah!!!!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    day 9 of level 2, and all I can say is thank god... I still hate this level every bit as much as day 1, & my first rest day did nothing to change my stand on that.

one more day and it's on to level 3. So far I can't say I've noticed too much in the way of changes. I'm eating to maintain weight, and so far so good. My stomach *might* be a bit flatter, but even the smallest meal has always made my stomach pop out so it's tough to say for sure. & my butt still feels like loose flab to me. I was hoping to see a bit more progress by now, but will stick with it & hope it's just further down the line.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Violet976 - we can shake hands...
  • violet976
    Options
    Violet976 - we can shake hands...

Are you close to ending level 2 as well? I think it's absolute hell. :p
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    How long are you meant to stay on each level?
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    I will stay on lvl 1 until I can do pushups all the way thru and not half *kitten* the cardio as my endurance gets better.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I will stay on lvl 1 until I can do pushups all the way thru and not half *kitten* the cardio as my endurance gets better.
    Thank you good idea it could take me awhile then, lol
  • Cazmummyof2
    Options
    Isn't it 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2 then 10 days level 3.
    Im useless at push ups also i always end up doing some funky triangle with my butt in the air lol
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Yes, violet, I have 2 more days left.
    It's not that I'm not motivated anymore - I am. I just know how exhausting these workouts are and I dread certain parts of them. But I'm not stopping now. I'm actually ordering Ripped in 30 as we speak...
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi, Level 2 day 6 today, it felt very different for some reason, still hard work but do-able. My thighs look a s though they have changed in shape, not the inner flab unfortunately bit the outer bulge isnt as noticeable, well to me.

Its good to moan!!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    I did day 3 yesterday on level 3 and i am really enjoying it!

day 4 today! incorporated with some zumba im thinking....
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Just did day 4 level 3 as well as some zumba.

I am really enjoying it- it seems to go quite fast, seems to be done quicker than the other 2 levels which is odd but im not complaining!

:)
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 20 (day 10 of level 2!!!)

Looking forward to level 3 tomorrow!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I still got 1 more day of Level 2.
    Someone who just started Level 3 (I'm not even previewing it) told me today Level 3 includes jumping jacks with WEIGHTS and JUMPING lunges.

Okayyyy... maybe Level 2 is not so bad after all...
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I still got 1 more day of Level 2.
    Someone who just started Level 3 (I'm not even previewing it) told me today Level 3 includes jumping jacks with WEIGHTS and JUMPING lunges.

Okayyyy... maybe Level 2 is not so bad after all...
    Jumping lunges ARE challenging, and my first week doing the cardio interval on the second circuit (that's the only one with weights) I used little tiny baby weights (1.5lbs), but it gets better. I think the improvement I saw in my back came from that cardio circuit; I felt a lot of soreness back by my shoulder blades because of the punches with weights. And the third cardio interval was brutal because it was a ton of jumping (actually, it's ALL jumping)...but I still found the whole thing easier than level 2 and liked it a lot more.
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 21 (day 1 of level 3)

Well, it's no cakewalk, but I definitely like it better than level 2, and I also think it seems to go by a lot faster than the other two levels (does anyone know if it is, indeed, shorter?).

The only part have major trouble with is the jumping with my knees, so I minimize the impact for those & for one of them I just do squats instead. I have to say that the legs really get killed on this level, whereas level two seemed to kill me on the arms. Today wasn't too terrible, but I can definitely see day 3 or 4 being a killer after those muscles have been broken in for a few days.

Still optimistic, but I think it's going to be a tough 10 days. Anything seems better than level 2 at this point.

I also wanted to add that level three did take me back to feeling like a beginner, and I certainly didn't breeze though it. I rewound the dvd at a few points to figure a few moves out, fell to my knees at a few points and forced myself back up, and stuck mainly to the beginner moves. Even so, it still felt *much* more doable than level 2 to me, minus the end jumping routine which was a tad too rough on my knees at points, so I improvised a bit there.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    i dont think it is shorter bu t i definetly agree that it feel shorter.

And yes it is more enjoyable but still hard- as you say on the legs not the arms so much this time.
    I did find day 3 and4 my legs were burning a lot more after been used so much day 1 and 2.

Day 5 for me today - think i will have a rest day tomorrow.

• violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 22 (day 2 of level 3)
    - Butt Bible, day 15 (day 1 of level 2) ***Only lasted 25 minutes***

Still tackling level 3 of 30 Day Shred, and I can say with certainty that while it's still no fun, it just seems more doable than level two ever did to me. I can feel the slow progress on this level, whereas level two I just felt like I took the same beating day after day while counting down to level 3. On level 3, I pause frequently to get a drink of water, but that's about it, & even the plank exercises seem easier than the ones in level 2. Don't get me wrong, I'm still counting down to the 10 day mark, but this level makes me feel more capable overall, which really helps to keep me motivated to return to it the next day.

I also decided to move on to level 2 of Butt Bible, since level 1 was seeming a bit easier after 15 days, and let me say that *that* kicked my butt when doing it right after level 3 of 30DS. I actually only made it through the first 25 minutes, and then (I'm ashamed to say) I turned it off. Perhaps tomorrow will treat me kinder, or I'll stop being such a wimp. :p

I'd also like to know... am I the only one who can't seem to take rest days effectively? I find that if I take a rest day, the next day seems even harder than if I just stuck with the routine day after day. I'm honestly surprised that no one else finds the exercises harder to do after a day break.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    I did day 5 level 3 yesterday. Had a days rest after day 4 as i wasnt feeling well and yeaaaaah i kinda felt like it was abit harder again cos i had rested but still went ok. thighs burnt! and arms abit too haha but im enjoying it.

On the days i do Butt bible ( i am currently just doinf level 1) i do it before 30DS as i know i wont do it properlly after and i dont find it tiring enough that i canno do my 30DS afterwards.

Day 6 today!

• SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    20/30 - level 2 is history! Yeah.

Violet, I'm the same. After my rest day my body actually feels heavier and the moves feel harder...