Hostess Brands closing....no more Twinkies!

Options

Replies

• cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Are some of you honestly angry that junk food like Twinkies are available for us? Really? Would you prefer that our government only allows "approved" foods for us to eat? It seems that you have NO concept of freedom. Apparently you aren't strong enough to make your own decisions.

I feel bad that we have evolved into such a brainless society that feels we can only survive if we're told what to do.

For me? I'll chose freedom any day.

I'm off to eat some chocolate pudding for breakfast...because I can. Then I'll lose the weight tomorrow...because I can.

This^ .. (minus the Pudding for breakfast, I choose not to eat pudding, but I'm glad I have the choice)

THANK YOU!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Won't break my heart. I've never even eaten a Twinkie before.

Wha-what-what?! Get your butt to the store and have one! Make it a part of your cheat day. You will not be sorry.

Yes, yes you will. Twinkies are absolutely disgusting. They taste like greasy crumbly Styrofoam filled with sweetened ji**. Disgusting.

Preeeeeeecisely. <3
  • LollipopPsyco
    Options
    Are some of you honestly angry that junk food like Twinkies are available for us? Really? Would you prefer that our government only allows "approved" foods for us to eat? It seems that you have NO concept of freedom. Apparently you aren't strong enough to make your own decisions.

I feel bad that we have evolved into such a brainless society that feels we can only survive if we're told what to do.

I'm off to eat some chocolate pudding for breakfast...because I can. Then I'll lose the weight tomorrow...because I can.

It has nothing to do with someone being strong enough to make their own decisions.

If you want to poison your body with fake food that the human body doesn't even recognize - then go ahead and do it.

And we are NOT free in this country.

If we were then the FDA and USDA that are in bed with companies such as Cargill and Monsanto wouldn't say it is illegal for people to purchase and use RAW milk straight from farmers.

It wouldn't be illegal for people to grow gardens in their front yards on their own property.

The Good ole US of A is NOT A FREE COUNTRY.

I agree Paleo. This country is far from "free". We are basically teens who parents say no to everything and tell us that we'd better be happy that we get to go to school and aren't home schooled:ohwell: .

So true.

It is laughable that the healthiest stuff is everything that they ban and make illegal to push their crap onto the rest of us.

Does your tin foil hat make your head hot?
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How will we ever survive the zombie apocalypse now?

Lol awesome
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

It has nothing to do with someone being strong enough to make their own decisions.

If you want to poison your body with fake food that the human body doesn't even recognize - then go ahead and do it.

If we were then the FDA and USDA that are in bed with companies such as Cargill and Monsanto wouldn't say it is illegal for people to purchase and use RAW milk straight from farmers.

It wouldn't be illegal for people to grow gardens in their front yards on their own property.

I agree Paleo. This country is far from "free". We are basically teens who parents say no to everything and tell us that we'd better be happy that we get to go to school and aren't home schooled:ohwell: .

So true.

It is laughable that the healthiest stuff is everything that they ban and make illegal to push their crap onto the rest of us.

Just because I speak the truth, i am wearing a tin foil hat? LMAO.....

The things I spoke of are all true. I am so glad I am not a follower and a sheeple.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I try to stay away from that stuff...although Ding Dongs are hard..but I feel sorry for all those workers who will be out of jobs...its more than just junk food..its peoples lives we are taking about..

BTW..I miss Ding Dongs...havent had one in a while...

Heh heh... ding dongs
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I am more of a Ding Dong person....

I bet you are...
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Am i the only one on earth that thinks twinkies are/were 100% discusting! :sick: I took a bite of one one time many years ago and about gagged and whats that white stuff in the middle, Is that pure lard??? :ohwell: :::: dry heaving::::
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It makes me angry that junk like that is so readily available. Good riddance.

:laugh: :laugh:
    sorry but I don't want to live in a world of only carrots and celery!!!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i have only had one twinkie in my life... and it was DELICIOUS
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

So true.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    RIP to the Twinkie Defense!!!!!

You could try the Red Bull defense instead.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/10/25/ns-rerd-bull.html

I've never had a Twinkie.

And wow, can't believe I read this whole thread...
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    lol how is this thread still open

Mods must be sleeping.

came back to see if it was nuked yet...i'm STILL not stepping in it...all right, i've commented now, thread will certainly disappear in three seconds.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

So true.

The things I spoke of are all true. I am so glad I am not a follower and a sheeple.

55qbuu.jpg
  • bubbanene
    bubbanene Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    second bk for them. unions cut their wages(teamsters) by 8%, pension freeze for 2 yrs, reduction in health care benefits last contract they also gave concessions. ceo went from 750,000 to 2.25 million not labors fault hostess been having problems for years after countless concessions by labor
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    second bk for them. unions cut their wages(teamsters) by 8%, pension freeze for 2 yrs, reduction in health care benefits last contract they also gave concessions. ceo went from 750,000 to 2.25 million not labors fault hostess been having problems for years after countless concessions by labor

Thank You.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

55qbuu.jpg
    I adore you.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Thank You.

You're really pretty.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    RIP to the Twinkie Defense!!!!!

You could try the Red Bull defense instead.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/10/25/ns-rerd-bull.html

I've never had a Twinkie.

And wow, can't believe I read this whole thread...

*whew!* Do you happen to know if the court went for it? I hear a twinkie can turn murder into manslaughter....what can redbull get ya???
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Thank You.

The greed of 30% of the employees cost the entire workforce their jobs. and you don't rack up 2 billion in unfunded pension liabilities from concession after concession