Challenge 10 lbs gone by end of March

Options

Replies

• bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sheri and I am a newbie. I am so discouraged. I can't seem to get motivated to lose weight. I am getting older and it is getting harder and harder. I have always been a yo-yo dieter but I am trying to get off of that rollercoster and stay on a downward trend. I hope that MFP can help me stay motivated. I am going to try the 10 pound March challenge to get me started.
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    Hi my name is Diana, and I'm a 'newbie' too ... I'm really liking this site ... just the motivation i needed (i hope, lol) ...

For me the visual tracking of exercise and food consumption is a 'HUGE' help ... I'm a quantity and quite likely an emotional eater - geeeeez that's hard to admit ... but I'm beginning to think there's a lot of truth in that statement.

I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and have gained 30 lbs - I'm 5' 8 1/2" so possibly can carry it easier than most but that's not the point like everyone else I hate the added pounds and absolutely nothing fits, Yeeeeeeeeeeeks..

Starting weight: 175 omg that's 6 lbs. more than my full term pregnancy weight - and I gained 45 lbs when pregnant - YIKES!
    Goal weight: 145
    Total: 30 lbs

Actually, I'm down about 5 lbs this week ... that's pretty normal for the ist week and will possibly be less by Tuesday.
    I've really stepped up the exercise - trying not to be the proverbial couch potatoe - I'm starting a little late so I'm basically challenging myself ... just wanted to drop in introduce myself and wish everyone success!

Play safe,
    Diana
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well...I lost only 1 lb this week..which really sucks..I can't figure out what I've done differently this week from all the other weeks where I have lost 2 lbs...I guess 1 is better than none, but how can I lose 7 lbs in 3 weeks...I'm going to have to really work out and eat healthy!! I can do I can do I can do!!!!
  • sydney91
    sydney91 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm down 4 pounds for this month so far!
  • lmmarsh
    lmmarsh Posts: 34
    Options
    Morning everyone! I lost another 3.2 lbs this week (????). Am a little in shock, wasn't expecting such a big loss two weeks in a row (3.6 last week). That's makes me 8.6 gone for this 10 lb challenge, 1.4 to go! Yipee!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I know I'm late, but I would love to lose 10 pounds by the end of March! I am at the heavisest I have ever been and keep gaining so I have to lose and get healthy again!
    I am so glad my niece introcuced me to this site. I don't know what I would do without it! I never would have known about the C25K program or Shred, or found so many delicious recipes!! Anyone who would like to add me as friend, please feel free. I have my diary set to public, so feel free to offer suggestions. I received one suggestion about eating veggies, which was great, because the person was right, I DON"T eat enough of them!
    My weigh in day is Tuesdays. I made it that so that I weigh in when the Biggest Losers weigh in on the show. This helps to keep me motivated!
    Right now I am doing the C25K program. It has been tough for me, but I am committed to finishing it and becoming a "runner/jogger!"

Take care everyone and stay on track!
    Dottie:smile:
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    Meeeeeee! I have a party 3rd april and its themed and I want to get into an old dress that would be perfect for it :D
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Okay...I've lost 4 lbs so far! Not sure I'll get to the 10 lbs by the end of March, but hopefully 7-8!!
  • sydney91
    sydney91 Posts: 29
    Options
    I met my first goal early! Maybe I CAN reach 10 pounds by the 31st.
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3.5 pounds since last week. 10 pounds - here we come!!!:happy:
  • Ellie113
    Ellie113 Posts: 49
    Options
    2lbs this week..........3 more to go!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I hit 9.5 lbs lost since the challenge began. woohoo does a little dance. It feels so great. :bigsmile:
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    Im down 3lbs :D Yay for everyone!!!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hit 9.5 lbs lost since the challenge began. woohoo does a little dance. It feels so great. :bigsmile:

whooooooHOOOOOOOOOO...what a great thing! All your hard work is paying off!! Nice going!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day and I've lost 2.6 pounds from last weigh in (one week ago). Woot-woot! Ten pounds by end of March is going to be tough for me, but I'm going to try !!!!

Great work everyone!

Take care and have a great day!!

Dottie:smile:
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a great job!! I worked out so much today that I have over 1200 calories left to eat if I wanted to...woo-hoo...I feel so good!! I was able to run 2 miles today..haven't done that in so long...can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone losing!! I'm almost back to where I was when I started. Yesterday I was at 191.5, which is cool... My goal for March 31 was 180, but that seems a little unreasonable. (Dang that birthday cake!!!) My CW is .5 higher than when I started March! :blushing: I made a new goal of 185 for the end of Mach, which is still a long shot, but oh well. :ohwell: It's still 10 lbs less than when I first posted in this forum. Just wanted to update.
  • Ellie113
    Ellie113 Posts: 49
    Options
    Woo hoo!!!! weigh in day and I've lost 3lbs this week which brings me to a total loss of 10 lbs since I started the challenge!!!
    Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Feels great.
    Hope everyone else is doing well...................come on ladies u CAN do this!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!!! weigh in day and I've lost 3lbs this week which brings me to a total loss of 10 lbs since I started the challenge!!!
    Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Feels great.
    Hope everyone else is doing well...................come on ladies u CAN do this!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Awesome job and congratulations!

I was just shy of my goal by 3.6 pounds, but then TOM hit. But it is still 2 weeks til April from today! Two weeks can really make a big difference when you put your heart into it. We can do this everyone!!!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1 pound this week....which was surprising considering I had a REALLY bad eating weekend! We were out of town and ate out almost every meal :ohwell: That brings me to 6 pounds total....Only 4 more to go! I can do it!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!! :bigsmile: