What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I still eat anything I want. The difference now is that I plan so that whatever it is can be apart of what I enjoy without going over my daily goals.
  • sstoro
    sstoro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Stress eating. I'm a lot more introspective and cognizant of why I feel that I have to eat in response to a particular situation.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Eating between meals. I used to graze all day every day, especially in the late afternoons. Now I stick to meal times and have had only a few slip-ups in the past 2-1/2 months.

I have noticed that there are a few things I used to eat that aren't worth wasting the calories on anymore, like sugar cookies. The bank puts them out on Fridays, and they don't even tempt me.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    whiskey during weekdays; energy drinks
  • caseysexton5
    caseysexton5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    c
  • suckerlove
    Options
    Portion size and Cheeseburgers and bread
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    A lot, actually, but it was not as hard to do as I thought it would be. We'll see how the holidays go...

Sugar
    Bread (except a specific low-carb bread which I have once a day in a sandwich for lunch)
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Sugar-sodas (I allow myself one Coke Zero a day)
    Fried Foods
    Fast Food
  • kaylabdermer
    Options
    NaturallyOliv - why on earth did you give up peanut butter?! the fat in peanut butter is healthy!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Cut way back on pop too, only seem to have about 8oz worth a week. I still drink juices, coffee, tea..etc. I don't go to fast food as much, though I still go to regular sit down places..I haven't gave up anything, I still eat what I want to in moderation.
  • CountryStrongNicole
    Options
    I gave up on

Excuses
    Soda
    Fast Food

I eat in moderation
    And because of that... I was able to give up my 3x/ 2x/ 1x/ and XL clothing. Those... I don't miss at all!! ;)
  • tabithaskechak
    Options
    nothing, I have everything I used to, just in moderation. I'll have a soda or 2 a month, dessert once a week, or if I'm craving it. No point in making yourself miserable while trying to obtain your goal! If you can go without, that's awesome! Personally, I'd go crazy without a cookie every now and then :P Just don't go too Crazy with it and you'll still get the results you want!
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Energy drinks (replaced with define*8 at the moment) and trying to kick Hot Chips, it leads to other terrible temptations.

Also, processed snacks such as museli bars and cheese and cracker dips
  • I recently cut out soda and meat. Since then the weight has been melting off!
  • spazzyshorty
    Options
    I've always been a healthy eater, but I've pretty much given up drinking-- I might have a drink once a week or two, tops. I've given up drinking my calories in general-- no glasses of milk whenever I feel like it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For me it was sloth (as in laziness, not that animal).
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I have cut back on the amount of fast food I eat, the amount of restaurant food, pop, chips, etc.....
  • AFsoldier2012
    Options
    Soda.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything but I have definitely cut down!! Frappuccino's and sugary coffee drinks were a big weakness of mine....I've learn to enjoy them in a healthier version or smaller portions :drinker:
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Video Games, freed up a lot more time to exercise.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For me: I gave up soda except special occasions and no longer get the # meals at fast food opting instead for just a burger if I go at all (once a month or so)