Hostess Brands closing....no more Twinkies!

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Quanda1972
    Quanda1972 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Soooo is it safe to say we are going to band the fat jokes associated with twinkies??????:drinker:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm not going on the twinkie diet...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    second bk for them. unions cut their wages(teamsters) by 8%, pension freeze for 2 yrs, reduction in health care benefits last contract they also gave concessions. ceo went from 750,000 to 2.25 million not labors fault hostess been having problems for years after countless concessions by labor

Thank You.

The greed of 30% of the employees cost the entire workforce their jobs. and you don't rack up 2 billion in unfunded pension liabilities from concession after concession

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. What the original person said in this quoted part is what people in management positions that worked for the company are saying also.

It is not the Union or the Workers fault. The blame lies 100% on the shoulders of the Executives and CEO that made the decisions.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    second bk for them. unions cut their wages(teamsters) by 8%, pension freeze for 2 yrs, reduction in health care benefits last contract they also gave concessions. ceo went from 750,000 to 2.25 million not labors fault hostess been having problems for years after countless concessions by labor

Thank You.

The greed of 30% of the employees cost the entire workforce their jobs. and you don't rack up 2 billion in unfunded pension liabilities from concession after concession

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. What the original person said in this quoted part is what people in management positions that worked for the company are saying also.

It is not the Union or the Workers fault. The blame lies 100% on the shoulders of the Executives and CEO that made the decisions.

If they had went back to work and agreed to the concessions like the teamsters did, they would still have a job. The bakers union screwed over everyone
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Are some of you honestly angry that junk food like Twinkies are available for us? Really? Would you prefer that our government only allows "approved" foods for us to eat? It seems that you have NO concept of freedom. Apparently you aren't strong enough to make your own decisions.

I feel bad that we have evolved into such a brainless society that feels we can only survive if we're told what to do.

For me? I'll chose freedom any day.

I'm off to eat some chocolate pudding for breakfast...because I can. Then I'll lose the weight tomorrow...because I can.

It has nothing to do with someone being strong enough to make their own decisions.

If you want to poison your body with fake food that the human body doesn't even recognize - then go ahead and do it.

And we are NOT free in this country.

If we were then the FDA and USDA that are in bed with companies such as Cargill and Monsanto wouldn't say it is illegal for people to purchase and use RAW milk straight from farmers.

It wouldn't be illegal for people to grow gardens in their front yards on their own property.

The Good ole US of A is NOT A FREE COUNTRY.

I agree Paleo. This country is far from "free". We are basically teens who parents say no to everything and tell us that we'd better be happy that we get to go to school and aren't home schooled:ohwell: .

So true.

It is laughable that the healthiest stuff is everything that they ban and make illegal to push their crap onto the rest of us.

Does your tin foil hat make your head hot?

Just because I speak the truth, i am wearing a tin foil hat? LMAO.....

The things I spoke of are all true. I am so glad I am not a follower and a sheeple.

55qbuu.jpg

Brilliant.....pretty much sums up all of us, me thinks.
  • Marla64
    Options

Thank You.

Thank you.
  • Marla64
    Options

Thank You.

If they had went back to work and agreed to the concessions like the teamsters did, they would still have a job. The bakers union screwed over everyone

Could it be because of their GREEEEEEEEED?!!!
    :wink: :laugh:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Soooo is it safe to say we are going to band the fat jokes associated with twinkies??????:drinker:

No someone will buy it and keep it on the market it is a very valuable brand name Twinkies Forever.

Or people are gonna rush the stores stockpile and the smartones will sell on ebay when your going thru the twinkie withdrawels.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    In Canada we have Vachon, which makes the Joe Louis, which is far superior to anything made by Hostess.

Though I haven't had one in a long time.

Twinkies are nasty.

Lets not forget the Passion Flake. OMG.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've never actually had a Twinkie either....I have gotten plenty of calories for Little Debbie Swiss cake rolls though :)
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I havent heard of anything like that going on here in St Louis and my husband passes by the Hostess plant several times a day.

He said people are picketing and the news hasnt reported any type of vandalism or anything. From what I understand NO ONE here in St Louis is crossing the picket line though. They are steadfast about the Corporate people that gave themselves HUGE raises all the while asking the workers to lose their pension and take a larger pay cut and other benefit cuts.

They should have outed the CEO and other Corporate officers.

This is reason enough to never buy hostess again.....sick of corporate greed!

Agreed....it is outrageous that these corporations who provide a product that we buy actually expect to see a profit.

:noway:

That is such an ignorant comment. If they wanted to see a profit, then they shouldn't have given themselves 300% raises while they sit in their fancy offices and such.

I can't believe how many people agree with the scum of the earth Execs and the slime ball of a CEO.

You mean scummy unions destroying everything they touch

Sorry, but I am a believer in unions and protecting the employees from Corporate GREED.

My dad was part of the UMWA and then UAW union for years and years.

I live in a very large unionized area of the country, not a right to work state where they can fire you for sneezing wrong.

Total balderdash-- "fire you for sneezing wrong." How do you people come up with this crap?

So sick of the class warfare of people like you.....as if there's something wrong to be wealthy. "Corporate Greed" means that this company was successful and made money....and employed bunches of people along the way who weren't satisfied that THEY weren't as rich as the owners.

Tough tarts.

I live paycheck to paycheck with barely a pot in which to pee-- raising a slew of kids.....never in my wildest dreams would I begrudge anyone for being richer than me.

Personally, I don't know how people like you can sleep at night.....how miserable it must be to be so pissed that somebody else has more than you.

I couldn't have said it better myself Marla, thank you!
  • Marla64
    Options

I havent heard of anything like that going on here in St Louis and my husband passes by the Hostess plant several times a day.

He said people are picketing and the news hasnt reported any type of vandalism or anything. From what I understand NO ONE here in St Louis is crossing the picket line though. They are steadfast about the Corporate people that gave themselves HUGE raises all the while asking the workers to lose their pension and take a larger pay cut and other benefit cuts.

They should have outed the CEO and other Corporate officers.

This is reason enough to never buy hostess again.....sick of corporate greed!

Agreed....it is outrageous that these corporations who provide a product that we buy actually expect to see a profit.

:noway:

That is such an ignorant comment. If they wanted to see a profit, then they shouldn't have given themselves 300% raises while they sit in their fancy offices and such.

I can't believe how many people agree with the scum of the earth Execs and the slime ball of a CEO.

You mean scummy unions destroying everything they touch

Sorry, but I am a believer in unions and protecting the employees from Corporate GREED.

My dad was part of the UMWA and then UAW union for years and years.

I live in a very large unionized area of the country, not a right to work state where they can fire you for sneezing wrong.

Total balderdash-- "fire you for sneezing wrong." How do you people come up with this crap?

So sick of the class warfare of people like you.....as if there's something wrong to be wealthy. "Corporate Greed" means that this company was successful and made money....and employed bunches of people along the way who weren't satisfied that THEY weren't as rich as the owners.

Tough tarts.

I live paycheck to paycheck with barely a pot in which to pee-- raising a slew of kids.....never in my wildest dreams would I begrudge anyone for being richer than me.

Personally, I don't know how people like you can sleep at night.....how miserable it must be to be so pissed that somebody else has more than you.

I couldn't have said it better myself Marla, thank you!

:smile:
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Have NEVER had a Twinkie
  • pwindahl
    pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Are some of you honestly angry that junk food like Twinkies are available for us? Really? Would you prefer that our government only allows "approved" foods for us to eat? It seems that you have NO concept of freedom. Apparently you aren't strong enough to make your own decisions.

I feel bad that we have evolved into such a brainless society that feels we can only survive if we're told what to do.

For me? I'll chose freedom any day.

I'm off to eat some chocolate pudding for breakfast...because I can. Then I'll lose the weight tomorrow...because I can.

This^ .. (minus the Pudding for breakfast, I choose not to eat pudding, but I'm glad I have the choice)

THANK YOU!

Thanks for your support! I like being free.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have another version of a twinkie that is called a Goldie. It's from Jamaica and is much better than the American Twinkie. I won't eat the American Twinkie but will eat the one from Jamaica. If anyone knows anyone interested in purchasing them from me, please let me know. Thanks!

spam.jpg?w=450&h=336
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I have another version of a twinkie that is called a Goldie. It's from Jamaica and is much better than the American Twinkie. I won't eat the American Twinkie but will eat the one from Jamaica. If anyone knows anyone interested in purchasing them from me, please let me know. Thanks!
    After you smoke a goldie, you'll get the munchies and want to eat a twinkie.