Are you still together/married now...?

Options

Replies

• BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    After our first date, 4 years after I met him. We have been together for 4 years now and are getting married next year.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    We met in Sept (1972) engaged by December and Married November 1973 and yes we are still married 39 years later:heart: .....plenty of ups and downs, highs and lows with three sons the fruit of our marriage.....you just work through them and remember why you married each other in the first place:love:

Yes that's my family in my ticker...we've added another grand son since this picture was taken.:bigsmile:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I met my first husband when I was 16. We were married at 17(I was pregnant) and stayed married for 31 (mostly unhappy) years. When we finally divorced (don't ask why it took me so long....Catholic stuff), I was alone for five years before I met my soul mate. I knew on the second date that he was "THE ONE". We met in June of 2007, got engaged in July of 2008, married (on the beach in Mexico) in February of 2009, and have been blissfully happy together ever since! Who says there is no "happily ever after"? Fairy tales DO come true!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went through so much together, right off the bat (both of us had just left horrible relationships when we met), that I knew he was the one when we still found love and laughter in our days together, no matter what else was going on. I don't know how long into the relationship that was. I just remember feeling like I had found something very special and strong with him.

We have been together a little over 6 years.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    First date I drank too much wine and he watched football. Seven years later still love my man!
  • nkturner11
    Options
    My husband says he knew he was going to marry me from the first day we met. It took him 3 months to convince me to go on a date with him! Glad I did! Moved in together after six months. We've been married for 8 years and together for almost 11 years now.
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Together for 12 years

Dated for 6 months and lived together for 4 1/2 years

Married for 7 years

i knew within the first few months

Yes we are still together today and more in love every day that goes by
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    We dated 2 months before he started tossing the marriage word around, married officially a bit over a year later. Now, after being together 14, married for 12 1/2, he left me. SOoooooo... I am always glad to hear of other people's happy endings though :)
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    35 years ago i saw this litle italian girl putting up chairs at thelocal wendy's. I was there to visit a buddy who was the manager. I REALLY liked the way her boobs made the smock she wore stick out. I asked her for her phone number and we have been married fo 32 years now.

She is theonly woman for me and we have a great son too.

I'm such a sucker for a romantic story. :smooched:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    lol @ just break up.

We were engaged three months after we started dating (We were 18 and 21), got married a year and a half later (at 19, a couple of weeks before I turned 20 and 23) and have been married for 8 years this Feb and now have two little boys. I know it wasn't *that* long ago but geeze, we were just babies. All is good though, we're lucky. :)
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were married 24 days after we met. We will celebrate our 21st anniversary on December 20.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I knew right away. Fought it like the ****ens. Then a few months later we started dating and I could no longer fight it :heart: . And yes, we're still together. Been together almost 11 years, and been married over 8 years :love:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That depends entirely on what you mean by "the one you wanted to be with." It's easy early on, if I hadn't liked being with him on the first date, he wouldn't have gotten a second date. The longer you're together, the more complicated it becomes, for example, I might not like being with him when he's all grumpy or whatever, but on average, being with him might be a positive experience, or at least better than the alternative. Plus, there are legal entanglements, shared commitments (e.g. pets, kids), and attachments to the person's family.

We've been together about 5 years, married 18 months.

Oh, you wanted a "romantic" answer, didn't you? I guess you're SOL.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Started dating my husband summer of 2006, he moved in in the fall. We decided to get married in January of 2007, actually got married in June 2007. Sheesh that seems really quick.

I've known my husband for nearly 15 years, he's always been close to my fam. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this year. :drinker:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My husband I went to church together when we were 10. I was in love with him at 11, we dated out Junior year at 17, then broke up because of distance, dated again at 19, broke up because of distance, then started ANOTHER long distance relationship with each other at age 24. (We just couldn't stay away from each other!) He moved to be closer to me, proposed three months later, we were married 9 months after that, and had a baby 16 months after THAT. Whew!
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My husband knew probably a week(I thought he was crazy when he told me in 1 week that I would one day be his wife). It took me a while longer but we were pretty sure that we were gonna be buggin each other a lot more often after probably 2 months of dating. That was back in 2007. We married in 2009 and still together. He is older by 7yrs. From what I have seen from other couples men usually are 100% sure before the woman is. If you are together for 12 months(if you are both clear that you want a serious relationship) and he hasn't mentioned settling down or marriage more than likely it won't happen. But thats just my personal opinion(and probably irrelevant)!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Started dating at 16.

Engaged at 18.

Married at 20.

First child at 21.

Second child at 24

Pregnant with third child at 28 at which point he had an affair and left us.

I've been with my new man around a year now and although we're fairly sure we want to do the whole moving in together thing I'm not in any massive rush as there are children to consider too.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I knew right away. Fought it like the ****ens. Then a few months later we started dating and I could no longer fight it :heart: . And yes, we're still together. Been together almost 11 years, and been married over 8 years :love:

Did MFP censor ****ens.... really?
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Never met a guy I wanted to be with.

So I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

*bitter*

AWWW.... I DNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY =,(
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It took about a year or so for me to realize that he maybe a keeper for life.... we have been together for 5 years now and will be married in May of 2013. :)