any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some are not able to find boots. My calves are 14.5 and I never had a problem finding tall boots.

I have small ankles, so my calves stick out. But I don't have a problem with them. I know once I lose the rest of my weight, I will probably only get down to 13.5. I am 5'8 by the way.

There is a 7" height difference between the two of us. I think the problem is that the widest part of your calves and mine do not hit at the same place in the boots. The thickest part of my calves hit lower in the boot (closer to the ankle) where boots tend to be narrower. That's my guess anyway.

Yes. This makes a huge difference. You can't just compare calf sizes without an overall height reference. My 15.5 in. calves might look fine on a 5'9" woman, but not on me at 5'2"!!!! And as mentioned above, boots hit at VERY bad places!
  • christyjo37
    Options
    18.25" here love them
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ok mine are14.5 .. i have received a few neg comments over the years about my legs, i dont think they are huge but compared to the rest of me( i have a small small waist and a very small back ) it makes them look big, but since i have taken up running they fat on them and the fluid has reduced heaps ( i get alot of lymph stuff there) , i am 5'7" and 22%bfi and weigh 72 kg. so i guess my question is in light of my strong muscly legs, does that mean im suited to a certain kind of exercise of fitness type? i think it does, and i can move really heavy weights with my legs to.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many inches mine are, but I biked for years and they just never got small after that. I used to have a problem with boots zipping up but since I've lost some fat off the surface it's been okay.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    ha mine are 16 in and that's only after losing weight. I'm 5'1".
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty big 16.5" but I don't think they look weird as the whole leg is pretty much in proportion. Used to hate them but always get compliments on them, so its probably my best feature. Hate the fact that I miss out on so many lovely boots though :sad:
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have 13.5 calves and my thighs aren't very big so it's noticeable that my calves are larger! Always have been complimented on my legs, also 5'9" so I have long legs.
  • FunFitFast
    FunFitFast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!! It's so frustrating to find cute boots.
    Drives me insane :(
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    lol your calves are itty bitty compared to mine. 60 something lbs down and mine are 18. 2 months ago they were 16.5 but they were fatty and not toned one bit and they are now.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have bigger calves. They give my legs the curvy look.... very sexy:smooched:
  • leedowhey
    leedowhey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    14.5" here! I love them, but finding boots is a pain in the butt!!!

15.5" calves, yes boots are ridiculous. I ride horses competitively and have to have boots and chaps custom made to fit my legs.

Sucks but I love my legs so much.
  • dhv5688
    dhv5688 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    14.5" here! I love them, but finding boots is a pain in the butt!!!

Omg it is the worst! There is nothing more embarrassing then getting stuck in a pair at DSW, hopping and flailing until you topple over trying to pull the darned thing off. Not that I know from personal experience or anything......

I have the same problem and have done the same thing... i just avoid boots. which makes me sad, because I love them, but can't find any that fit my giant muscular calves... :(
  • SDormer91
    Options
    I haven't measured mine, but I do think my calves are oddly muscled compared to my thighs. My thighs definitely show the need for a lot of toning and my calves are defined enough that when I tense them, you can see the outline of the muscle.
    However, I reckon that might be because I had chronic compartment syndrome (which resulted in very tight leg muscles) and I still have very tight muscles. Also, thanks to the op scars, when I tense my thighs, I have a line down the side of my leg where the muscle doesn't tense so it isn't rounded.
    Finding boots is a real pain, especially since my ankle is actually kind of slim compared to my thighs and calves. I used to horse ride and kick box as well, and I never wanted to go find high boots for riding because I wasn't sure they'd fit. Even lower boots don't exactly fit right - my cowboy boots hug a lot more than they should. Skinny jeans also get kind of caught about two-three inches under my knee. Oh, and I'm 5'1" :)
  • The_Dark_Knight1
    Options
    What’s not to love? There is no doubt in my mind and heart, that women with large (17” or greater) muscular calves are so beautiful and sexy! Ladies if you haven’t yet learned to appreciate what God has given you, then please do so! Take it from this Man (a gentleman) that you are admired, chariest and loved with great respect to you!
    ‘Nuff Said! :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • Aggiedail
    Options
    My calves are sick. I did point ballet growing up and I cheered in high school. ("Oh gee, you must have been thin." Um, noooo!) I am thankful for this thread. I feel the pain. Anytime I'm complimented on my calves, I have to admit I don't take it well. AND OH THOSE CHARLIE HORSES! I'm not at the point yet where I can imagine burning off what muscle is in my calves. No way these things are mostly fat. Keeping this girl on toe shoes?--they are SOLID.

Meeee too! Muscle memory at its finest! These things will never go away! Working on my butt to balance the look out...in HS my calves were bigger than my thighs!! Lol!!!
  • Aggiedail
    Options
    Embrace your calf muscles. They are what sets you apart
    From other women. They are sooo sexy believe me.
    There are so many guys like me who admire women with
    Exceptional calves like yours. I promise. Hell,
    I would adore and message your gorgeous leg muscles
    Anytime ;)
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    Even when I was skinny, I had calves like a prop forward. It makes buying boots difficult and expensive.
  • haymck123
    haymck123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    15.25" at my current 140 and they remain pretty large, even when I was a tiny 120! I used to hate them but I don't care now. I hate shopping for boots though..
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    Anytime ;)
    You know, not everything women do or think about is for the sexual approval of men.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Anytime ;)
    You know, not everything women do or think about is for the sexual approval of men.

yeah but sexual attention from the right man is a good thing....

doesn't have to be the only thing you're after in life, but that doesn't make it a bad thing....