When did you know it was over?

Options

Replies

• GoodGhost9
    Options
    I knew it was over when I found myself on top of a different guy. LOL. Ok that's mean but the dude I was dating had it coming. He was very cruel to me.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    When I spent six out of seven days either nauseous from anger or blind from tears. We literally made each other sick. By the time it ended that horse was glue.

Some part of me knew things weren't right from the beginning, but I ignored it. Wish we knew how to listen to ourselves better, earlier. People can change you. The right people make you better, not worse.
  • QTRARO
    QTRARO Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I spent six out of seven days either nauseous from anger or blind from tears. We literally made each other sick. By the time it ended that horse was glue.

Some part of me knew things weren't right from the beginning, but I ignored it. Wish we knew how to listen to ourselves better, earlier. People can change you. The right people make you better, not worse.

So true. Next relationship I'm just going to go with my instincts from the beginning... if it doesn't feel right I'm out.
  • GZinSea
    GZinSea Posts: 50 Member
    Options

So true. Next relationship I'm just going to go with my instincts from the beginning... if it doesn't feel right I'm out.

good call, it goes both ways tho (and thats not a shot at you) maybe he should have known better too, i know i should have...not her fault.
  • QTRARO
    Options

good call, it goes both ways tho (and thats not a shot at you) maybe he should have known better too, i know i should have...not her fault.

Yeah he definitely should have known better but I was too confused to let him go when I knew it wasn't working..so kinda waited for him to break it off.. No communication doesn't help matters either. Gosh some relationships really are doomed from the get go.. no matter how hard we try .. there shouldn't have to be so much effort !

Anyway enough ranting from me haha
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Yeah, my ex and I both have our flaws, but we were a terrible match for love, and in a pressured situation to boot (last time I get involved with someone with a different passport). We might have made all right friends if we hadn't gotten together. He did some things that were wrong any way you look at it, but on the whole, I can't say I blame him either.
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Ditto :)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This thread is actually pretty great. I thought there was something wrong with me that was keeping me from finding a quality relationship, but this shows me that everyone has their own struggles. I'm happy that you have all gotten out of these situations and learned from them. No more settling for me, I deserve better than that!
  • QTRARO
    Options
    This thread is actually pretty great. I thought there was something wrong with me that was keeping me from finding a quality relationship, but this shows me that everyone has their own struggles. I'm happy that you have all gotten out of these situations and learned from them. No more settling for me, I deserve better than that!

I found this thread great too.. It was like oh good I'm not the only one going through issues finding the right person. I'm not going to settle either, I almost did with my last relationship... I would have been miserable with him in the long run.
  • PrettyPleaseSkinny
    Options
    I knew it was over when my boyfriend said he didn't like gays. I never told him that I'm pan-sexual, and that really hurt.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    He didn't like bacon. He had to go.
  • stinkpurty
    Options

I agree that is a total dealbreaker. (And turkey bacon does not count.)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I agree that is a total dealbreaker. (And turkey bacon does not count.)

agreed! lol
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that I've "known" for a very long time. It was only this year that the decision was made. This year we had been married 22 years. It was not an easy decision although I had known it was not a good relationship at all.

My son and I are much happier people now and although I wish the decision was made sooner, I'm glad that it was made and will NOT look back!!!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    i knew it was going downhill when he constantly talked about this new "friend" he met at work, and then my best friend started telling me how he always saw them hang out while I was at work and sometimes after he finished work.

It definitely was over when I came home late from work and he was lying with her in bed.When I went to our apartment to get my stuff he nearly killed me by putting a knife to my throat, glad my friend was there and saved me :/

Worst nightmare ever. Now, 3 years later he is still stalking me..
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options

^^^this...it's a killer of relationships.
  • slimtime68
    Options
    when the distance seems to far to recover
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The ex husband - 5 years before I left I realised I didn't love him any more. I stayed for the kids and finally this year decided I couldn't pretend any more.

Recent ex boyfriend, 6 weeks after he told me he had bulimia and anxiety issues, he ruined my birthday because he couldn't cope with my children's normal kid behaviour and I decided that as much as I love him, I need someone who can cope with day to day life and be there for me when I need him not just the other way around.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This thread has made me realize that being single isn't quite as bad as I sometimes think it is
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @Brewster Yea, there is something to be said for that ha.

I still hold my optimism for new relationships though. The good stuff along the way still makes the painful endings bearable. That being said, I've never had someone hold a knife to my throat!