Spreadsheet for BMR/TDEE Deficit, Macro calcs, HRM zones

Options

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    thank-you! You have spend a lot of time creating the worksheet, MFP should compensate you in some way, it makes everything so easy and simple!

After being here since January, and people saying "TDEE!" "NO! BMR!" "nonoNO! MACROS!" my head was spinning, I have played around with so many numbers, currently I am on the "F-it, I'm just not going to log anything" plan/diet (I was getting really anal about every single calorie, and working out). Not that I pigged out, I just basically stayed the same weight.

Again, THANK-YOU!
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    thank-you! You have spend a lot of time creating the worksheet, MFP should compensate you in some way, it makes everything so easy and simple!

After being here since January, and people saying "TDEE!" "NO! BMR!" "nonoNO! MACROS!" my head was spinning, I have played around with so many numbers, currently I am on the "F-it, I'm just not going to log anything" plan/diet (I was getting really anal about every single calorie, and working out). Not that I pigged out, I just basically stayed the same weight.

Again, THANK-YOU!

Thank you. And there I wondered if I needed more explanation in the spreadsheet, or rely on the topics that people already see and read. But sometimes those are confusing enough it might be useful for more explanation.
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks!
  • heybales
    Options
    This is great, thanks!

Hope it's useful. I keep making little visual tweaks here and there based on feedback in this and another thread, so let me have it.
  • heybales
    Options
    Just made an improvement to the Deficit % method, where if you have a lot to lose, you get 20% deficit, less to lose near goal weight is 10 % deficit, with a 15% in between.

Now it's a truly sliding scale from 5 to 40 lbs to lose, with deficit going from 10 to 20%.

So over 40 lbs is 20%, under 5 is 10%. Everything else in the middle just varies for exactly where it's at.

Now, the Simple Setup tab takes that % Deficit method and creates another sliding scale with how much cardio to lifting you do.
    More lifting, bigger deficit, more cardio is smaller deficit.

Enjoy.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for helping me to Chang my thinking. I went over my TDEE by lots yesterday and I know that it will be ok, I'm just dividing the surplus by two, eating my TDEE minus that amount for two days, then I'll go back to my small deficit again. I have no doubt that I will continue to lose. And it's ok that it doesn't show on the scale because I am losing about .2 of a pound a week! My goal is to lose three pounds:)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    bump
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump thanks
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, I need to get on my computer later and see the changes. I had some weird errors but I don't recall what they were. This was about 3 weeks or so ago.
  • heybales
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, I need to get on my computer later and see the changes. I had some weird errors but I don't recall what they were. This was about 3 weeks or so ago.

Yes, there was some error on the HRM tab several weeks ago for the Excel download. I'm thinking the Google conversion to Excel caused some issues.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bump thanks!
  • heybales
    Options
    Brand new sheet with Progress tab included.

Now before you update the stats with smaller measurements, you can easily record what the last measurements were and the date, before you wipe them out with new data.
  • heybales
    Options
    Just found you can do a nice option using the spreadsheet.

If you enter your Goal Weight as current weight, don't use the bodyfat % section (unless you know what BF% is realistic at your goal weight then use it), and enter your activity time, you'll be given a goal for at goal weight.

And that eating goal is usually higher than your current BMR.

Just tested it with the sample lady the stats are based on. Even with 100 lbs to lose, her future TDEG is 1823, her current BMR is 1600, so a reasonable deficit.

So the Eating for Future You just got easier!

Of course that goal changes as your activity changes, and it likely will. But still.

Question is, should I include an estimate of healthy bodyfat % and a way to use this technique without fudging what is there?
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking....I have been wondering the same thing.
  • heybales
    Options
    Just found you can do a nice option using the spreadsheet.

If you enter your Goal Weight as current weight, don't use the bodyfat % section (unless you know what BF% is realistic at your goal weight then use it), and enter your activity time, you'll be given a goal for at goal weight.

And that eating goal is usually higher than your current BMR.

Just tested it with the sample lady the stats are based on. Even with 100 lbs to lose, her future TDEG is 1823, her current BMR is 1600, so a reasonable deficit.

So the Eating for Future You just got easier!

Of course that goal changes as your activity changes, and it likely will. But still.

Question is, should I include an estimate of healthy bodyfat % and a way to use this technique without fudging what is there?

I added instructions for how to do this. Skipping using BF% since that adds a level of unknown.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The yellow fields cannot be touched either but it says just use those, am I missing an unlock function here?
  • heybales
    Options
    The yellow fields cannot be touched either but it says just use those, am I missing an unlock function here?

Did you follow the instructions in Red letters at the top?

If everyone really shared this one spreadsheet, no one would ever finish it before someone else changed the numbers.