Ending the MFP Cliques

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Trust the French to come up with a word like clique

Clique means gang.

According to Wikipedia A gang is a group of recurrently associating individuals or close friends with identifiable leadership and internal organization, identifying with or claiming control over territory in a community, and engaging either individually or collectively in violent or other forms of illegal behavior.[1] Gang members are typically "jumped in" or have to prove their loyalty by committing acts such as theft or violence. Although gangs exist internationally, there is a greater level of study and knowledgeable information of gangs specifically in the United States.

But I think the actual intention of the word is closer to the 1950's meaning of recurrently associating individuals or close friends (without the violence). Clique certainly sounds more dastardly than "group of friends" though. heeheheh

So if we end "cliques" we end friendships , and that would be sad.

Which is what street gangs are. Friends.

I wonder if the crips hold potlucks?

Guessing you've never been to a backyard bar-b-que in the hood. You're silly, I like you.

I love that nearly half of all your forum posts to date have been in THIS thread. YOu must really wanna be in the clique too. :flowerforyou: So glad I am not alone.

*walks off singing*
    Lookin' for love....in all the wrong places....lookin' for love....

I am incredibly bored at work today, and admittedly, I have been very well entertained by this thread.

Easily amused?

Check.

Overly critical and arrogant?

Check.
  • rayne133
    rayne133 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Clique means gang.

According to Wikipedia A gang is a group of recurrently associating individuals or close friends with identifiable leadership and internal organization, identifying with or claiming control over territory in a community, and engaging either individually or collectively in violent or other forms of illegal behavior.[1] Gang members are typically "jumped in" or have to prove their loyalty by committing acts such as theft or violence. Although gangs exist internationally, there is a greater level of study and knowledgeable information of gangs specifically in the United States.

But I think the actual intention of the word is closer to the 1950's meaning of recurrently associating individuals or close friends (without the violence). Clique certainly sounds more dastardly than "group of friends" though. heeheheh

Guessing you've never been to a backyard bar-b-que in the hood. You're silly, I like you and want to touch you in erotic ways.

And you aren't sure what I mean when I say that I don't appreciate your sexual advances???

I think I see why you were run off from the other forum by the bad "cliquey" people. I have to admit that editing my post to serve a very nasty and derrogatory self motivated purpose kinda pisses me off. But since we are going there.....

Your cat head and duck feet are a very sensual combination that speaks directly to the baser, bestial, neuro erotic cortex of my coital being... I only imagine that you would be just as cloyingly good looking in person.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Clique means gang.

Guessing you've never been to a backyard bar-b-que in the hood. You're silly, I like you and want to touch you in erotic ways.

And you aren't sure what I mean when I say that I don't appreciate your sexual advances???

I think I see why you were run off from the other forum by the bad "cliquey" people. I have to admit that editing my post to serve a very nasty and derrogatory self motivated purpose kinda pisses me off. But since we are going there.....

Your cat head and duck feet are a very sensual combination that speaks directly to the baser, bestial, neuro erotic cortex of my coital being... I only imagine that you would be just as cloyingly good looking in person.

Actually, I am just really hairy, all over, every inch of me, and my feet are webbed.
  • rayne133
    Options

Clique means gang.

Guessing you've never been to a backyard bar-b-que in the hood. You're silly, I like you.

I love that nearly half of all your forum posts to date have been in THIS thread. YOu must really wanna be in the clique too. :flowerforyou: So glad I am not alone.

*walks off singing*

I am incredibly bored at work today, and admittedly, I have been very well entertained by this thread.

Easily amused?

Check.

Overly critical and arrogant?

Check.

Smarter than you
    Check

Again: Every action causes a consequence. I figured there was a chance you wouldn't like my posts and I am willing to accept that consequence. You'll wrap your head around it eventually.
  • rayne133
    Options

Clique means gang.

*walks off singing*

Easily amused?

Check.

When it suits me.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    *abandons ship*
  • rayne133
    Options

Clique means gang.

Actually, I am just really hairy, all over, every inch of me, and my feet are webbed.

You might wanna break out a dictionary.
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    damn.....I'm not in a clique....What am I doing wrong???

Honestly though, I have never noticed cliquicky-ness here
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Clique means gang.

Maybe you should. Being hairy doesn't equate to looking as beautiful as a cat.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    soooooooo..............this thread was a total win :yawn:
  • rayne133
    Options

Clique means gang.

Maybe you should. Being hairy doesn't equate to looking as beautiful as a cat.

cloy·ing [kloi-ing]
    adjective
    1.causing or tending to cause disgust or aversion through excess

RME dictionary
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    *abandons ship*

Luckily this post will go on...and on...and on
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    Is this really a problem? A major issue? Too much time people, too much time ;)
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you delete me, my friends will stage a protest. So don't even try.

BAHAHA - I need to be your friend.
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pitchforks and torches. Like the good old days.

seconded
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I saw a "no cliques" thread.... usually everyone hates on the "clicks".

Seriously though, I don't see it. There are people who are on here interacting more than others, and people who have become friends. No Mean Girl stuff going on though.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    *abandons ship*

Luckily this post will go on...and on...and on

And on and on my friends....
    some people started posting it not knowing what is was
    And they'll continue posting it Forever just because....
    This is the post that never ends
    It goes on and on my friends
    Some people started posting it not knowing what it was
    And they'll contuinue positing it forever just because.....
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)

I don't take people seriously either. I love to post jocular comments. However, there are some straight up stalkers on here who harass others repeatedly. There are also people who are intentionally mean to cause harm. I am not speaking about people who post innocent jokes and silly comments.

That is what the block button is for and, if it's bad enough, reporting them to the admin.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ain't nobody f*ckin with ma clique..clique..clique..

HAHAHAH... NICE...
  • The_new_me_x
    Options
    I'm so unpopular I don't belong to one.: (