Ending the MFP Cliques

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Trust the French to come up with a word like clique

Clique means gang.

According to Wikipedia A gang is a group of recurrently associating individuals or close friends with identifiable leadership and internal organization, identifying with or claiming control over territory in a community, and engaging either individually or collectively in violent or other forms of illegal behavior.[1] Gang members are typically "jumped in" or have to prove their loyalty by committing acts such as theft or violence. Although gangs exist internationally, there is a greater level of study and knowledgeable information of gangs specifically in the United States.

But I think the actual intention of the word is closer to the 1950's meaning of recurrently associating individuals or close friends (without the violence). Clique certainly sounds more dastardly than "group of friends" though. heeheheh

So if we end "cliques" we end friendships , and that would be sad.

Which is what street gangs are. Friends.

I wonder if the crips hold potlucks?

Guessing you've never been to a backyard bar-b-que in the hood. You're silly, I like you and want to touch you in erotic ways.

And you aren't sure what I mean when I say that I don't appreciate your sexual advances???

I think I see why you were run off from the other forum by the bad "cliquey" people. I have to admit that editing my post to serve a very nasty and derrogatory self motivated purpose kinda pisses me off. But since we are going there.....

Your cat head and duck feet are a very sensual combination that speaks directly to the baser, bestial, neuro erotic cortex of my coital being... I only imagine that you would be just as cloyingly good looking in person.

Actually, I am just really hairy, all over, every inch of me, and my feet are webbed.

You might wanna break out a dictionary.

Maybe you should. Being hairy doesn't equate to looking as beautiful as a cat.

cloy·ing [kloi-ing]
    adjective
    1.causing or tending to cause disgust or aversion through excess

RME dictionary

I said I was hairy and not as beautiful as a cat. I never once said I was disgusting.
    You chose to insult me, which is your right. However, just because you misinterpreted my replies to your insults, that doesn't mean I have a limited vocabulary. It just means that you have a limited perspective on the world.

I'm so confused... wasn't she saying that she liked you one second and then then next she was insulting you? I missed something....
    Pfft... Chicks! Am I right?!

Infinity quotes, activate!

Woman after my own heart.

I heard a rumor that if you quote quotes enough times in a row, that you can create an infinite loop that will never end. It's like when you look in the mirror with a second mirror behind you.

Testing.
    4?
    Surprise!

Meow.

Hi Normal!

EDIT: oops, wrong thread.

Well, at least this thread has become graphically interesting.

It has, hasn't it!
    99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Clique means gang.

According to Wikipedia A gang is a group of recurrently associating individuals or close friends with identifiable leadership and internal organization, identifying with or claiming control over territory in a community, and engaging either individually or collectively in violent or other forms of illegal behavior.[1] Gang members are typically "jumped in" or have to prove their loyalty by committing acts such as theft or violence. Although gangs exist internationally, there is a greater level of study and knowledgeable information of gangs specifically in the United States.

But I think the actual intention of the word is closer to the 1950's meaning of recurrently associating individuals or close friends (without the violence). Clique certainly sounds more dastardly than "group of friends" though. heeheheh

Guessing you've never been to a backyard bar-b-que in the hood. You're silly, I like you and want to touch you in erotic ways.

And you aren't sure what I mean when I say that I don't appreciate your sexual advances???

I think I see why you were run off from the other forum by the bad "cliquey" people. I have to admit that editing my post to serve a very nasty and derrogatory self motivated purpose kinda pisses me off. But since we are going there.....

Your cat head and duck feet are a very sensual combination that speaks directly to the baser, bestial, neuro erotic cortex of my coital being... I only imagine that you would be just as cloyingly good looking in person.

Actually, I am just really hairy, all over, every inch of me, and my feet are webbed.

cloy·ing [kloi-ing]
    adjective

RME dictionary

I said I was hairy and not as beautiful as a cat. I never once said I was disgusting.
    You chose to insult me, which is your right. However, just because you misinterpreted my replies to your insults, that doesn't mean I have a limited vocabulary. It just means that you have a limited perspective on the world.

I'm so confused... wasn't she saying that she liked you one second and then then next she was insulting you? I missed something....

I heard a rumor that if you quote quotes enough times in a row, that you can create an infinite loop that will never end. It's like when you look in the mirror with a second mirror behind you.

Testing.
    4?
    Surprise!

Meow.

Hi Normal!

It has, hasn't it!
    99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around...

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I keep coming back to this thread just to scroll down the page and pray I don't get an induced seizure. WIN!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I keep coming back to this thread just to scroll down the page and pray I don't get an induced seizure. WIN!

LOL.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Clique means gang.

cloy·ing [kloi-ing]
    adjective

RME dictionary

Testing.
    4?
    Surprise!

Meow.

Hi Normal!

It has, hasn't it!

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around
    97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around.....
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    3526455937_a8fb4d34f6.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Clique means gang.

cloy·ing [kloi-ing]
    adjective

RME dictionary

Testing.
    4?
    Surprise!

Meow.

Hi Normal!

It has, hasn't it!

97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around.....
    96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around.....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, the street lights are on. Your mother wants you to come in now and wash up for dinner.

you seem to be a rather unhappy person.

She does seem to be hiding some serious unhappiness under that smile.

Might have lost some relatives to the plague.

Wow! Kinda looks like you may have formed your own "clique". Wait...isn't that what you were whining about????

I'm not digging back through all this crap to quote where I originally said that none of this should mean enough to anyone to get serious about and that you should analyze your own behavior instead of complaining about everyone else's.

Psychology/Sociology experiment over. You have proved my point.

It's been fun.

Nope, still.

C'mon, it's Friday! You should be happy!

:flowerforyou:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, the street lights are on. Your mother wants you to come in now and wash up for dinner.

you seem to be a rather unhappy person.

She does seem to be hiding some serious unhappiness under that smile.

Might have lost some relatives to the plague.

Wow! Kinda looks like you may have formed your own "clique". Wait...isn't that what you were whining about????

I'm not digging back through all this crap to quote where I originally said that none of this should mean enough to anyone to get serious about and that you should analyze your own behavior instead of complaining about everyone else's.

Psychology/Sociology experiment over. You have proved my point.

It's been fun.

Nope, still.

C'mon, it's Friday! You should be happy!

FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!
    Last Friday before December when people en mass loose there mined!! <-- wonder how many people will be bugged by this sentence. juuust in case...

People lose their mind in December so enjoy the last day! This thread has been pretty funny in a sand box kind of way
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    ...Mm, slightly off topic, at the dog park near where I live, there's a big dog area and a small dog area. Most of the time the big dog people are super friendly, but man......take one step into the little dog area and you're met with condescending stares and folded arms of superiority.

What is it with small dog owners? Well, at least these ones.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm so cool that I'm actually in a clique by myself.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    let groupie hoes be groupie hoes and call it a day.

Pu - your bitter misogynist streak is showing again.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    46405883.hasselhoff.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    holy crap, the bottles of beer on the wall bit had me in stitches! :laugh:

any time you throw a bunch of people together in a large group, you will find that individuals will seek out other individuals with similarities. this becomes a small groups which then attracts more individuals.

people are pretty decent to others like them. they become attached and protective. sometimes too willing to take up another's battle.

MFP is huge - lots of people, lots of groups.

for me... I like people - and I like people to be happy. I also tend to flock to those who are outside the groups and welcome them to me... I've been the outsider, the mocked, and the verbally flogged.

does that make what I have a clique? maybe a clique of those rejected by cliques?

In any event... you're never going to stop people from grouping. and you're never going to stop people from protecting one another.

just my thoughts....
  • _Katastrophic
    Options
    tumblr_lo9x45ow0d1qj164eo1_r1_500_zps3f4be0e6.gif
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    308ulvt.gif

Cliques? I've been here for over a year & I haven't noticed any. Now, *ssholes...those I've noticed! Just like you would offline, don't pay any attention to "cliques & d*cks." You're here to focus on you, and if you do just that, you'll see they're barely noticeable & not worth even a moment of your time. :laugh:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    We don't, it's human nature. And the bigger the clique, the meaner the group. Also human nature!!

I disagree. Bigger groups have more power, but that doesn't mean they are meaner.
    The attitude of the group speaks to the character of the members within it.

Hmm.....Is this why we deem smaller countries 3rd world powers?

What, you mean like Britain?

Who's this 'we' of whom you speak?
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Pitchforks and torches. Like the good old days.

I tried to "like" this post. forgot I wasn't on facebook.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    let groupie hoes be groupie hoes and call it a day.

Pu - your bitter misogynist streak is showing again.

Sara, I am protecting women, they're just not smart enough to know it.

So, women are stupid????
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    ANYWAY the plural of jedi is jedi, not jedi's and it was driving me crazy. You never put an 's' on jedi.
    GEEK CHECK!
    So is it penises. penisis, penis's. or peni?

it's penne.....

penne....true story.

Like pasta? Hmm.... suddenly I'm very hungry.

yes...with alfredo sauce....

i rock that penne

And revealing myself as a truly sad Latin loving type... Nope, it's not penne. It's penes. (Like the plural of testis is testes). The plural form of Latin nouns ending in -is is -es.

But in English penises is perfectly acceptable. Testises however is not. This is because English, unlike Latin, is a pretty irrational language.