Where to find Girlfriend

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Stop looking, that's the best way to find someone that's a good match. First a friend, then more if you all hit it off.

It always seems like ppl that are looking are the last to find someone, but those getting on with life meet many along the way.

:wink:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Go take a class in something you love. Cooking, photography, yoga - anything! Take friends up on offers to go out. Even if you're the 3rd wheel. I hear the supermarket is good too. Work on being as confident and approachable as you can be.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    find a class, learn a language, anything you would like to do. i met a lot of girls just in the street at markets, art exhibitions, stuff like that.

if its a street or market situation, you ask for directions, make 2 minutes of conversation and then ask for their number.

for art, just look at the same thing and say "its amazing isnt it?" then just bull**** for a little bit and say you don't know anything about art, but you kinda wanted to talk to her, and since she seems nice, maybe you could hang out sometime.

this also works in the supermarket, pet store, you name it.

its a numbers game. you never know who you might let walk by you. the more women you approach that are to your taste, the more numbers you will get and the more dates you will go on.

also it helps to dress nice, smell good, fresh breath, be nice and smile.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well....I'll say I went to Zumba fitness classes to meet guys my age...except there were no guys. Only women...so hey maybe you should go there?
    Even if you meet an older lady who is married, she might have a daughter your age!

Wait...you went to a Zumba class to meet guys???

Yes, why can't there be guys at Zumba? I am sure that some girls might like guys who dance?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    My bad, woman not women. Most of my buddies are having kids, getting married, and all that jazz. Oh well I'll be the 55 year old with a 6 year old.

Do women find it strange for instance if you see them in the grocery store and just tell them your name and that you find them attractive?
    For me, ahh yea a bit forward. lol

Maybe start with Hi.

Be casual, don't try so hard and you'll find a friend, seriously I think the trouble ppl have is acting desperate and trying to hard, major turnoff for Women. Don't know if that also applies for guys but I wouldn't doubt it. Nothing less attractive than the smell of desperation :noway: :wink:

Here's a tip:
    For starters fill out your profile on here so anyone offering advice can perhaps make it more personalized, also some women are into cyber meets ... Personally I like the real deal, in person, get to know one another etc. But to each his own:wink:

But seriously? Nothing wrong with practicing by filling out your MFP profile... ya never know... lots of girls on the hunt on here... you'll know the ones.. by their profile photo!:noway: :laugh:
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    Yeah *****3s love to be picked up on craigslist
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My bad, woman not women. Most of my buddies are having kids, getting married, and all that jazz. Oh well I'll be the 55 year old with a 6 year old.

Do women find it strange for instance if you see them in the grocery store and just tell them your name and that you find them attractive?

@davd - It'd be strange but depending on how exactly you did and the tone, it could fall into the funny strange category that leaves you both at least laughing and in a good mood.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

ummm maybe just a little bit it depends if you come off as a creeper or something. but really there's no better line than a simple hello and a friendly smile.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Try Meetup.com. It's great for singles or for people that just want to hang out with other people with similar interests, i.e. runners, cyclists, crafters, moms, etc.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

For me, ahh yea a bit forward. lol

Maybe start with Hi.

Be casual, don't try so hard and you'll find a friend, seriously I think the trouble ppl have is acting desperate and trying to hard, major turnoff for Women. Don't know if that also applies for guys but I wouldn't doubt it. Nothing less attractive than the smell of desperation :noway: :wink:

yah. confidence. nonchalance. stuff like that.
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    Ask the females in your life that are married/in relationships if they have any nice, single friends. Married women love to hook up their single friends.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Met my husband at work.

So did he help advance your career?
    No.

He knocked me up and I lost my job. He's a jerk.

Did he show you his tootsie roll?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Ok why am I having trouble finding a girlfriend. I'm an attractive 31 year old male. Where is the best place to meet a good women???? Have not had too much luck with online and don't want to go boozing at the bars every night.

The free weights area at the gym. Go after the girl who can squat more than you. Just make sure she's single first.

Women who can squat are HAWT!

Yes, we kick *kitten*.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Not at all....be bold and say hi. Just don't be creepy about it.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Well....I'll say I went to Zumba fitness classes to meet guys my age...except there were no guys. Only women...so hey maybe you should go there?
    Even if you meet an older lady who is married, she might have a daughter your age!

Wait...you went to a Zumba class to meet guys???

Yes, why can't there be guys at Zumba? I am sure that some girls might like guys who dance?

Im taking pole classes weekly, did zumba once, it was fun.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Once, a man walked up to me in a grocery store, assured me he was not a stalker and then told me I have a "very pretty shape."

It was creepy.

If you see a woman in a grocery store who interests you, strike up a conversation about something benign. Don't be creepy.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

It depends. Depends on how it's said, what is said, body language, and overall vibe.

A smile, mutual eye contact, maybe some authentic chit chat at the produce aisle leading up to the HI, my name is "x" and I just have to tell you ..you have the most awesome blue eyes.

Go from there. If you get a pomegranate thrown at you ..excuse yourself and move on. But! I'm betting you won't if you are a gentleman and genuine. Creepers .. ALWAYS get the pomegranate .
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Once, a man walked up to me in a grocery store, assured me he was not a stalker and then told me I have a "very pretty shape."

It was creepy.

If you see a woman in a grocery store who interests you, strike up a conversation about something benign. Don't be creepy.

...like asking her what size bananas she prefers? :huh:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

take the chance, just don't be creepy about it. If you don't, you may regret it...
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Not at all....be bold and say hi. Just don't be creepy about it.

Super creepy. I have only had this happen a few times, but it was so awkward and totally weirded me out. Grocery shopping is not a social activity! Also, never say that you find someone attractive. Complement something specific... the more specifc to the woman the better. Saying "I find you attractive," just sounds like, "I just saw you for the first time a second ago, and I want to *kitten* you."