If I Gave You Poison Would You Eat It?

Options

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat as natural as possible. I'm a label reader but not because my priority is to know calorie, fat or carb content but because I like to know what I'm eating.
    I know when eating out things are out of my control but when I go to the store only natural (organic if possible) make to my cart. For products that are known to be GMO, I only buy organic or with the Non GMo label.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    So, anybody here eat corn or peanuts?

Because if you do, you eat measurable quantities of the most potent liver carcinogen known, in aflatoxin B1

So, still gonna eat corn and peanuts? I am...
    Colin Campbell of Cornell University did a study with groups of mice exposed to aflatoxin given various diets, and showed that, at least in mice, the introduction of the carcinogen was not the biggest predictor in whether or not the mice got cancer, but rather what kind of diets they were on. When given cancer promoting diets, they developed cancer, however, the control group exposed to the same level of aflatoxin, did NOT develop the cancers.
  • InPieces3
    Options
    I get your point OP... but... everybody dies... May as well enjoy it.
    But, eating a healthy diet with little to no crap in it, allows you to enjoy it more, because you have more energy, more happiness, and hopefully more years.

Is the short term pleasure of tasting something delicious worth the pain it causes later on? Can't you derive the same, or similar, taste pleasure from a well prepared, fresh, healthy food?

I'm siding with you on this. I've read tons of articles stating the same thing you are saying. Studies actually have been done to numerous people all over the world taking a 30 day challenge to eating nothing but processed, or packaged food. They have all said they feel like crap eating like that... as they should. Is it poisonous? I'm sure if they ate that long term it could most definitely prove to be dangerous to ones health. Heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.

THAT right there should be enough for people to turn away from the foods that cause those things. I get what you are saying and I'm agreeing with you 100%. Slowly but surely it does have an affect on a person's health. I cut out aspartame and I don't have headaches anymore. I cut out microwavable food and I don't have problems with my stomach anymore. ::Shrugs:: To each their own I guess on this. If it doesn't bother some, then by all means let them keep on that path. I'm learning more and more from being on this site that what necessarily is right for me, isn't for others. My personal opinion is agreeing with you, but that is all it is... my opinion. Keep on doing what you are doing, and if it feels right for you... by all means, keep up the great work of feeling awesome.

:flowerforyou:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I went vegan for 6 months and couldn't handle it so i did try tour lifestyle. however, My blood pressure, cholesterol, etc are all fine as is my blood sugar even though I eat meat and dairy. My sister is a vegetarian and quite heavy and unhealthy, she eats plenty of fruits and veggies but she over eats and doesn't exercise. So I'm gonna stick with what works for me and that includes bacon, meat, and the likes!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    This doesn't necessarily mean a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle. I eat meat and lots if it but I make sure it is free of sulfites and uncured. Meat, I prefer grass fed.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i agree, that this is crap and that you can eat whatever you want...
    ever hear of iifym, yeah! do that *kitten*.

your body breaks down all the food the same way.
    your body isnt like omg,she ate mcdonalds,lets change the way "we" break it down..
    i
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You have smoked yourself retarded......
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
    Man in Black: Then make your choice.
    Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
    Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
    Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
    Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
    Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
    Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
    Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
    Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
    Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Princess Bride :heart: :heart: You rock :drinker:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    So, anybody here eat corn or peanuts?

Because if you do, you eat measurable quantities of the most potent liver carcinogen known, in aflatoxin B1

So, still gonna eat corn and peanuts? I am...
    Colin Campbell of Cornell University did a study with groups of mice exposed to aflatoxin given various diets, and showed that, at least in mice, the introduction of the carcinogen was not the biggest predictor in whether or not the mice got cancer, but rather what kind of diets they were on. When given cancer promoting diets, they developed cancer, however, the control group exposed to the same level of aflatoxin, did NOT develop the cancers.

Yeah, and if I get hit by a car and die tomorrow, I won't be getting cancer either...(more relevant statement to this discussion than you might think).
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Doesn't anyone read the warning labels on items? Things are posionous or cause cancer only in the state of California!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I think the point of the post may not be to say you cannot eat it, but more of how it is tragic the way food is produced and marketed these days.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Studies actually have been done to numerous people all over the world taking a 30 day challenge to eating nothing but processed, or packaged food. They have all said they feel like crap eating like that... as they should. Is it poisonous? I'm sure if they ate that long term it could most definitely prove to be dangerous to ones health. Heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.

THAT right there should be enough for people to turn away from the foods that cause those things. I get what you are saying and I'm agreeing with you 100%. Slowly but surely it does have an affect on a person's health. I cut out aspartame and I don't have headaches anymore. I cut out microwavable food and I don't have problems with my stomach anymore. ::Shrugs:: To each their own I guess on this. If it doesn't bother some, then by all means let them keep on that path. I'm learning more and more from being on this site that what necessarily is right for me, isn't for others. My personal opinion is agreeing with you, but that is all it is... my opinion. Keep on doing what you are doing, and if it feels right for you... by all means, keep up the great work of feeling awesome.

:flowerforyou:
    Voice of reason - Thanks.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Doesn't anyone read the warning labels on items? Things are posionous or cause cancer only in the state of California!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty clean, not 100% though. I love bacon and ham and salt. I eat canned tuna and packaged salmon. But I prefer fresh over canned anyday. Before I wouldn't eat veggies cause they were out of can, now I buy fresh and enjoy my veggies. I don't eat from BK or Micky D's or the like, just my choice and I no longer crave those foods. I cut sugar out processed or not calories or not. I have MIO in one glass of water everyday or every other day just to get somthing different, but I'll stop that soon and just go back to water. I won't say all these things are poison but I will say I feel better not eating them. Stop eating sugar, stop craving sugar. Stop eating the processed foods you'll quit craving the processed foods. IMO fresh just tastes better and I control what goes in it. The things I can't control is things I don't worry about. Not giving up meat or my yogurt cause that's things I enjoy and not willing to give them up.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    :
    Would you eat processed food, preservatives, flavor enhancers, meats, dairy, refined grains, oils, aspartame, sugar, pesticides or HFCS in any of the above circumstances?
    Why or why not?

Processed food - huge category, some in moderation, some I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole
    Preservatives - yes, see above
    Flavour enhancers - yes, see above
    Meats/ dairy - man evolved to be omnivorous, the effects of B12, DHA and EPA are a big clue
    Refined grains - not at home
    Oils - coconut and red palm for cooking but most fats in their natural forms
    Aspartame - no, don't like the side effects
    Sugar - never add any but do consume in moderation
    Pesticides - yes or I would starve
    HFCS - try not to.

Not sure what that little exercise achieved since you don't know what my definition of moderation is, nor anything about my knowledge base, lifestyle, budget or local availability of healthy wholefoods.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Stressing out too much over food choices will likely cause cancer as well. It is impossible to eliminate all risk factors and by eliminating one risk factor you may introduce another. Sure there are healthier choices, but you can do everything right and still get sick. Do what you need to do to be at peace with yourself and the world around you.
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    I would reply, but it would be as illogical as your claims.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Only if it tasted like bacon. :wink:
  • samanthaspears
    samanthaspears Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Over-dramatic, condescending, worthless "information".
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Only if it tasted like bacon. :wink:

i-see-what-you-did-there-and-here.jpg