Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It's simple math really....1 guy was verbally, mentally and physically abusive for 2 years and beat me within an inch of my life, 1 guy decided alcohol and drugs were more important than our daughter and myself and went to prison, and most recently my (soon to be) ex husband couldn't put me before his ex wife, alcohol, the *kitten* he cheated on me with or anything else in life and threatened to break my jaw and bury me six feet under when I left him. Dbags, liars, cheats, *kitten*...I'm kinda over the idea of getting hooked up with another one so naturally it's turned me into a paranoid headcase and I trust no man at this point. Oh and college and single mother of two has me crazy busy lol.

So it's 3 jerkoffs+1 failed marrige+2 kids+75 personal issues+college = single
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be.

Also, I...don't really like people, in general.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Because my Prince Charming never looks up from his smartphone to appreciate me as we pass each other in the street.
    I didn't know you were in love with me, next time you should say hey or something - my phone usually is too distracting
  • cxzawerf
    cxzawerf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I accept the love I think I deserve. So, there is a serious lack of love in my life.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and all.. but I totally don't get what you meant. Please explain

She's holding out for that super special person; therefor, she hasn't found that love yet.

The exact opposite actually. It is a titch of a heavy thought, but I have noticed that I accept "love" from guys that treat me like crap because something inside me says "You can't do any better. This is as good as you are going to get." So I go through life accepting sorry excuses for love or none at all because part of me (a part that I battle with every single day) thinks I do not deserve it anyway.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My wife met some skinny *kitten* on World of Warcraft and decided she'd rather be with him.

wtf? really? That's blows
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find quality in a girl which is hard to do in Las Vegas:( there is quanity out here but not a lot of quality in my opinion..

Yea I don't see Vegas as a good place to find a good girl lol...not saying they don't have em buuuuutt it is Vegas :) Gotta try the homegrown girls ;)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Because I decided that it isn't fair to have to make someone else deal with my daily major meltdowns.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm old, homely and bitter....but my cats like me (probably cause I feed em).

:laugh:
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Because I am picky, haven't met anyone in the real world since my marriage died, have kids, son't go out and socialize all that much since I would rather get out and exercise. But I don't plan on staying single and the kids will not always want me around so I am looking for someone in the area with similar priorities.
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    Less stress being single.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Used to be shy, now I just haven't met the right one. Every girl I meet lately doesn't like dating younger guys or has several kids.
    I'm 18 and own a business & everyone my age is not at the same level of maturity.
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    I have too much baggage to inflict on anyone else! I need to work myself out before I force things on others or have the energy to be supportive to them

plus I barely have time for my mates, friends first always
  • jemjemsh
    jemjemsh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Because I'm only attracted to guys who are self centred, immature, damaged and emotionally unavailable. Nice, functioning men need not apply.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Because I'm only attracted to guys who are self centred, immature, damaged and emotionally unavailable. Nice, functioning men need not apply.
    how you doin'?
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    Because I find most men to be extremely boring and absurd. I go on dates and all I can think about when I'm out is how long is appropriate for me to bail.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Because I'm way too selfish and lazy to put in the effort it takes to maintain a relationship.
  • supernaturalfan_91
    Options
    Im shy and don't think im pretty enough for anyone...
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Pretty much been either overweight of fat for most of the last 10 years, lost weight this year and have become more outgoing but don't know how to tell if a girl fancies me or is just being friendly, I'm starting to believe that maybe someone could find me attractive.

Not even kissed a girl in over 5 years, feels like I'm a born again virgin. :blushing:
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    supernaturalfan- you are very pretty. You should try seeing yourself through other people's eyes.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Pretty simple really - always been fat and plain and had very little confidence.

Plus a full time job and having been a carer since I was 9.

I guess I just don't get how anyone would be interested in me! And I am a little crazy too!