Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Sublog holy *kitten*! I went to stalk your pictures, is this really your before picture?
    2812191_7103.jpg
    and now you are this?
    2812191_4101.jpg

I'm very impressed! why are you single?
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I am single because I won't give someone a label as boyfriend/girlfriend unless they have way too many qualities that I like [Being able to act/dance/sing or play the piano like a virtuoso is just one of them]

And I have some people interested in me, but they aren't talented enough or they lack something.

You used the word "weighted" in your profile. Time to lower your standards.
    sorry English is my second language and I still have some random words every now and then that I use wrong.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sublog holy *kitten*! I went to stalk your pictures, is this really your before picture?
    2812191_7103.jpg
    and now you are this?
    2812191_4101.jpg

I'm very impressed! why are you single?

He's not. He's been spoken for. Please see above...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am single because I won't give someone a label as boyfriend/girlfriend unless they have way too many qualities that I like [Being able to act/dance/sing or play the piano like a virtuoso is just one of them]

And I have some people interested in me, but they aren't talented enough or they lack something.

You used the word "weighted" in your profile. Time to lower your standards.
    sorry English is my second language and I still have some random words every now and then that I use wrong.

Alright, alright. I'll play nice then, you get a pass on weighted *LOL*
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sublog - your really cute can't believe you are single.

I am single because I don't trust easily, and I also give my heart away to easy.

I also want to lose all the weight I need too, and get in shape, then I will think about finding the right guy.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am single because I have been married to my career. I have yet to find someone who is ok with me not being able to play when they want to or be available at their convenience because of work. I will be graduating with my PhD in May, so I'm hoping that I will be able to achieve a little more personal/professional life balance once I have settled in to wherever I get a job!
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    im not single because my career comes 2nd after my self my girl and my family , is that still counted as 2nd?!
  • etynda6116
    Options
    I'm single because I haven't found that right guy yet, been waiting for a while now, but seems like I get all the jerks. : (
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm single for the same reason I don't play the lottery. It's not worth the investment for the hope of one winning ticket in 50 million.......and no, I don't think that's on overstatement.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm really picky... and apparently fairly insecure when I'm in a relationship - or at least the beginnings of one.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Haven't found the right guy yet
  • DreamersWifey
    DreamersWifey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm not :)
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    was married for 9 years.. and am too old fashioned for most of the available guys out there. I refuse to settle and I can do bad all by myself.
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    High. Standards.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Because I'm to afraid of getting into another bad situation again.

18 years of mental abuse followed by 18 months of mental and financial abuse. I won't do it again, chances are next one will be Physically abusive and I now know I'm worth more than that.

Besides I have a defense wall so high no one can get through, just in case they do I've dug a moat filled with bloody thirsty dribbling dragons and then for extra protection, I've added 100lbs of blubber as a cushion.:cry:

This. Besides, all the guys my age are soooo OLD!!!
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am single because:
    I am a failure.
    I am not worth anyone's time or effort.
    I will never make any one in my life happy because I am broken.
    I am a waste of space.

I am nothing but a broken, emotionally stunted, sad, pathetic, failure waste of space.

All of these things I have learned today. So I'm done trying.
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been single all my life. I think at this point it would take someone pretty amazing to make it work. I have my own place. I cook for myself and I'm pretty good at it. I like the way my house looks, so I would be wondering why we need to redecorate lol. I guess i will keep hoping and the mean time try to find someone who wants to share adventures. *shrug*
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Very simple:

I am single because I am selfish. :heart:
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    Would you like that alphabetically or chronologically?

I just moved 1200 km away from a guy I fell real hard for, we broke up, he was a douche the end.
    I am pretty shy when I don't know people and don't think much of myself.
    I am in a new city.
    I have a busy life.
    I just don't know where to go to meet quality people.
    I have NEVER been approached by guys, unless they were very intoxicated...mostly dated friends of friends.

I wish I could fix it because it's lonely being alone all the time. I am working very hard at loving myself right now and hoping once I achieve that someone else will love me too.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've been single for 5 years. I'm 29. Here's why:

1. Fiancee passed away in 2007. Best relationship I ever had. No one else has come close to comparing.
    2. I. don't. trust. anyone.
    3. Dealing with a-holes, cheaters, and guys that only want "one thing" since then
    4. I get lonely, but for the most part I love my freedom and independence
    5. Most guys my age are taken
    6. I'm picky
    7. I don't chase guys. If the conversation falls off, I don't bother.
    8. I really want kids. Most single guys my age already have kids from prior relationships.
    9. I don't want to settle with an ex or someone I'm not completely smitten by.
    10. I go to work, bars with friends, and to visit family. I don't go to many other places. (My fault)

:sad: