Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Squats > "thigh gaps"
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it's such a big thing to have a gap between your thighs anyway! My sister has one and I've always thought it look kinda nasty! I know I will never have it because I have big thighs! So what's the big hoopla??

wow thats rude

Believe me I wasn't trying to be rude, but in my opinion it didn't look very appealing! When she walked you could see the gap between her legsnd even when she got older and a tad heavier in the thigh area, the gap was still there!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Gurlzz having da thigh gap don't make u any less pretty. You betta work da thigh gap. Same for da girlz wit no thigh gap. Work dos no gapped thigh like yo life depended on it
    tumblr_m06v98OwDS1qh2fws.gif

ROFL!! TRUE STORY!! :love: :love:
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Man this is a hot topic..
  • mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Man this is a hot topic..
    It really is! A lot of people didn't recognize how serious it is
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    this is really more of an issue of body type - like, pear shape, apple, etc. For a pear shaped chic the thighs are going to be larger, so unless there's some serious diet and exercise going on there will prob not be any space between them (FYI there is anti chafing gel for that). I've seen apple shaped women who were overweight but carried it all up top, so their legs were quite skinny and there was a huge "gap". In the end weather or not your thighs spark is not a determiner of health (for the most part)
  • mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this is really more of an issue of body type - like, pear shape, apple, etc. For a pear shaped chic the thighs are going to be larger, so unless there's some serious diet and exercise going on there will prob not be any space between them (FYI there is anti chafing gel for that). I've seen apple shaped women who were overweight but carried it all up top, so their legs were quite skinny and there was a huge "gap". In the end weather or not your thighs spark is not a determiner of health (for the most part)
    exactly!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Does having a thigh gap mean I have bigger hips cuz I have 23 inch thighs but I have a thigh gap.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is so dependent on genetics and body type. There are girls out there who are skinnier than I am that will never have one, just because of how their body is shaped. It's not wrong or right.

Mine showed up at about 140 lbs, and I have narrow hips. I'm now 125, and it's pretty evident, even when wearing jeans. I'm not going to lie - I like having it. I HATED the feeling of my thighs rubbing together when I was heavy - that was the worst.

At 64 years old, my mom has one as well and she likes hers just as much. :)
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I can't remember ever having one... even at 86 lbs... or ever wanting one. I <3 my thick thighs :)
  • xPeaceLuvVeggiesx
    Options
    I don't know why so many people want that. I love my thick thighs ^_^
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Does having a thigh gap mean I have bigger hips cuz I have 23 inch thighs but I have a thigh gap.

I have 23.5 inch thighs and also have thigh gap. I just have huge hips.

I hate having thigh gap. I had no idea that it was considered something that girls want until I read about it on this forum. I was made fun of as a kid for it. I think it makes me look heavier than other people my height and weight in pictures because I'm wider than them. Also makes me look heavier in pictures than women who are a lot heavier than me, but more narrow. Hate it.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I don't know why so many people want that. I love my thick thighs ^_^

I have both thick thighs and thigh gap. It's about the hips being wide, not the thighs being small in my case.
  • Nicole1022
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hating on yourself because you have one is just as bad as hating on yourself because you don't have one. You probably have a beautiful hourglass figure, which is something I will never have, due to my narrow hips and wider ribcage.

Work with improving on what you do have, and feel good about yourself. :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always touched. Even when I was little. They don't chafe or get rashes because of it. Therefore, I shall not GAF. Not even a small one.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm a fan because it looks good in photos, but I don't really think it's all that necessary.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Here's a comic joking about the thigh gap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDsdNjhE0Y8

WAHA! The booty rotisserie! Wheeeee!
  • mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's awesome lol
  • sprinkels29
    Options
    I figure my *kitten* is too big (in a good way) to not have something to hold it up, I need these thighs with no gap :D