Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Case 2: Three years ago - Male friend arrives from the Middle-East. He isn't what you would call fat, more like an average guy who'd simply stopped working out, so he lacked definition. He is about 6' 5" and solid - Mediterranean Alcide on "True Blood" look-a-like less the muscles. Not lanky. Anyway, for 2 whole months after his arrival, he'd set his eyes on this one woman, who'd ignored him outright and called him "fat." She clearly stated, she does not date fat men! [Shocking].

Naturally like any other normal breathing man - he decided to hit the gym, the very next day. After 3 days of working out, he came upon the realisation that it would take quite a while to get the desired finish, she would remotely find attractive, choosing to forgo training altogether in place of a tete a tete with us (me and sis). Now, he is a man who is all about "his package," so we felt so sorry for him that we divulged that she is in fact a p3nis woman more than an anti-fat woman. He still didn't click, so we'd told him, that if he was ever presented with the opportunity to have her "glance" at it, he is to put "his package" where his mouth is. Fast forward, he walked up to her - and dropped his pants - within 3 mins she refused to leave his side for the duration of the whole function and kept every other woman away from him. He was hers. And gone were her protestations that she does not date fat man.

Score: Man - resorting to "below-the-belt" tactics.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    The reverse of this thread would get taken down before you could blink...

Well, I found the topic surprising bc I see many many more fat guys with average-sized girls than the other way around. Men are much more visual than women.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Case 2: Three years ago - Male friend arrives from the Middle-East. He isn't what you would call fat, more like an average guy who'd simply stopped working out, so he lacked definition. He is about 6' 5" and solid - Mediterranean Alcide on "True Blood" look-a-like less the muscles. Not lanky. Anyway, for 2 whole months after his arrival, he'd set his eyes on this one woman, who'd ignored him outright and called him "fat." She clearly stated, she does not date fat men! [Shocking].

Naturally like any other normal breathing man - he decided to hit the gym, the very next day. After 3 days of working out, he came upon the realisation that it would take quite a while to get the desired finish, she would remotely find attractive, choosing to forgo training altogether in place of a tete a tete with us (me and sis). Now, he is a man who is all about "his package," so we felt so sorry for him that we divulged that she is in fact a p3nis woman more than an anti-fat woman. He still didn't click, so we'd told him, that if he was ever presented with the opportunity to have her "glance" at it, he is to put "his package" where his mouth is. Fast forward, he walked up to her - and dropped his pants - within 3 mins she refused to leave his side for the duration of the whole function and kept every other woman away from him. He was hers. And gone were her protestations that she does not date fat man.

Score: Man - resorting to "below-the-belt" tactics.

?? Sounds like both these people deserve one another. sheesh.
  • bhhblue
    bhhblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Let's says you are in college and you see a girl you like walking around almost every week how do you introduce to her?

Try and be freindly with her at first, meaning dont come off to strong right away. You don't want to creep her out if she isn't into you, but if she's into you she'd let you know.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The fat guy has a stereotype of lacking confidence, looking lazy and women probably think he doesn't date much. The appearance of looking fat is funny/criticizing and our society doesn't approve of fatness.

Don't give me that "Oh I'll date a guy with a great personalty BS". The majority of women may say that but doesn't act upon it and they end up being best friends with the fat guys.

I been fat for my whole life until I managed to lose 50lbs. I would try and talk to girls (even a random hello) and they would give me weird looks when I was 230lbs. However when I lost the weight, I still got the weird looks but most of the time, they wouldn't mind having a conversation.

Women were more talkative around me and I got compliments for being fit,(i don't think I am) which has never happened before.

Don't get me wrong, I seen skinny women date fat guys. I'm NOT saying that women will NOT date a fat guy I'm saying majority will date someone...smaller.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    To me, it depends on their personality and face and not the body.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend of 2 years is a bigger guy. I've always been attracted to bigger guys! He's losing weight but honestly could probably lose 50 lbs ish? And he's already lost maybe 50? I never asked him his weight when I met him because it didn't matter to me honestly. I love him on the inside and outside. I was attracted to him for him. Because of many things. Personality, he's very attractive to me (6 packs are not attractive to me! and muscles bulging out of arms and legs are gross!), his sense of humor, his eyes, his smile and those are just a few! So to me, it does not matter if your bigger or not. But honestly I dated 2 "skinnier" guys before and they lasted a few months and I dropped them like no other. All my long term relationships have always been with bigger guys! Always! 4 years, ex husband 7 years and now my current 2 years! And dated 2 skinnier guys in between that, that were re-bounds. Not attracted to them at all!
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    Myself and every one of my friends prefer "fat guys"! Even my bestie who is 5 foot tall 115lbs is dating a guy who is 285lbs. Big guys are easy to be around, laugh have a good time with AND make me feel small and protected. Whats not to love?

I would love to have a flat stomach but when I want to cuddle I don't want to feel like I'm snuggling with a hard boney man. I want some fluffiness there to cushion my head and just curl into his arms!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For me, I need someone who makes health and fitness a priority or I could easily fall back into bad habits. Having lost 200 pounds, I cannot risk becoming obese again. Won't do it!!
  • ready4fit
    Options
    Its less accepted in society. and idk how fat is fat though? Cuz I wouldn't mind a bulky dude. But fat is fat.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Frankly, you need to get a more positive attitude.

When you blame it on everyone else, you won't get far.

And YOU need to approach girls. Most girls will not approach guys.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    OMG I did know this post will have such an effect
    I suppose people can relate to the topic
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options

my husband is 6 ft 2 and 386. I like big guys :)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I prefer bigger guys. When I met my husband he was 335 at 6'4". He's now 295-300 lbs depending on the scale. Not all women care about weight.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    oh comeon.. Cos they can judge like us too
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Male-Body-Type-Chart-Ottermode-Builtfat-Bearmode-S.jpg

I wouldn't actively seek out skinny, skinnyfat, chubbyfat or "fatass," but I have dated damn near all of them. If I could pick it would be athletic or built-fat.

I prefer somewhere between built fat and chubby fat. Skinny fat and skinny are totally unattractive.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Male-Body-Type-Chart-Ottermode-Builtfat-Bearmode-S.jpg

I wouldn't actively seek out skinny, skinnyfat, chubbyfat or "fatass," but I have dated damn near all of them. If I could pick it would be athletic or built-fat.

Mmmmm built fat.

^^I agree. Built fat makes me drool. ^^ That is my type, although I range between Ottermode and ChubbyFat. The others I'm not attracted to from the pictures, but it is always different in person, so there's no telling.
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    Because they are shallow?
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Women don't date fat guys, women (the normal ones) date guys who they like inside!!! I know I do
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer my husband before he lost 90lbs...I love him no matter what and I know he is healthy now and that is what is important but attractive wise I liked him at around 250 and now he is 185-190 (his highest being 275).