Are accents sexy ???

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Accents are definately sexy!! Although I'm from southwest England so my accent is a mix of farmer and a hobbit from the shire! Ooosh! :)

you had me at hobbit... lol
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

I promise you, you do :P At least, I can hear it in a Canadian's voice.

:P I'm Western Canadian. I don't have the accent. Apparently us Westerners have the clearest English diction in the world. Maybe not Queen's English but anybody can understand us.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Accents are ONLY sexy if you can STILL understand the person speaking.

When it crosses from OOOOOHHH YEAH speak to me honey! to What? What did you say? it stops being sexy.

I don't have an accent. I'm Canadian.
    Yes. Yes you do.

No. No I don't.

ahhh... again it all depends on WHERE in Canada you're from... If you were to put someone from Newfoundland, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, Nunavut, etc etc... all in the same room - we'd all have different accents. And Canada is such a melting pot - my "accent" probably has a blend of many different backgrounds too - my dad being of Polish descent and my mom being of Danish descent.

Hell, I can pick about 20 people at random who were born where I live, and we'd all have different accents.

I'm me... and my voice is sexy as hell... at least, that's what I will tell myself from now on.

hehe
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yes if you can understand them HAHAHAHA :)
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I dated two different girls in my younger years that had southern accents. While both were very beautiful women, unfortunately both of them turned out to be real egotistical people in love with themselves. So, they kind of tarnished my love for accents a bit.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English. I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

I love you. I'm not even 'British' lol but I HATE when people say that, oh I love the British accent! Eh there's no such thing love. English, Welsh and Scottish and N.I accents are so different from each other.. so pick one!! It's the same with how people in America say they are going to Europe.. WTF! Do you know how many countries are in Europe!!

FYI
    We dont live in the UK... WE CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE! Like you wouldn't tell the difference between Montreal, Iles de la madeleine, Gatineau and Quebec accents, but WE can.
    Before going on panic mode on futile stuff.. think "WHY?".....

THANK YOU :flowerforyou:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Accents are ONLY sexy if you can STILL understand the person speaking.

When it crosses from OOOOOHHH YEAH speak to me honey! to What? What did you say? it stops being sexy.

I don't have an accent. I'm Canadian.
    Yes. Yes you do.

No. No I don't.

ahhh... again it all depends on WHERE in Canada you're from... If you were to put someone from Newfoundland, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, Nunavut, etc etc... all in the same room - we'd all have different accents. And Canada is such a melting pot - my "accent" probably has a blend of many different backgrounds too - my dad being of Polish descent and my mom being of Danish descent.

Hell, I can pick about 20 people at random who were born where I live, and we'd all have different accents.

I'm me... and my voice is sexy as hell... at least, that's what I will tell myself from now on.

hehe

Exactly. I'm one of those lucky Canadians who is accentless. Thankfully. Hee. It's quite the odd badge of honor to hold though.

My Favorite Canadian accent is Newfie though. By far. They're brilliant.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I could listen to an Irishman read the phone book and swoon…I also think Scottish & Aussie accents are sexy. And that southern drawl from Texas…refer back to swooning, LOL ;D
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Maybe a person with an accent. Not just an accent alone though.

Canadian accents are definitely NOT sexy

Thanks .......just thanks... :grumble:

It was a joke!
    :flowerforyou:
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    British, Scottish & Irish accents are sexy as hell. :love: My Mom is german so they don't do anything for me & Yankee accents are like nails on a chalkboard.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Being from New Zealand, I'm often told my "Kiwi" accent is sexy. Maybe "differant" is sexy???
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English. I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

I love you. I'm not even 'British' lol but I HATE when people say that, oh I love the British accent! Eh there's no such thing love. English, Welsh and Scottish and N.I accents are so different from each other.. so pick one!! It's the same with how people in America say they are going to Europe.. WTF! Do you know how many countries are in Europe!!

FYI
    We dont live in the UK... WE CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE! Like you wouldn't tell the difference between Montreal, Iles de la madeleine, Gatineau and Quebec accents, but WE can.

I don't think you understand, these are completely different countries I'm talking about. Britain is not a country.. it's made up of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    FYI
    I don't think you understand, these are completely different countries I'm talking about. Britain is not a country.. it's made up of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
    Their point was they can't tell the difference that well between English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish accents, so they get lumped as "British" accents.

I'm English btw :)
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    yes they are.. but sometimes it has to do with the voice..

i have a friend thats mexican, hes not attractive and i dont like him.. but, oh god he has a sexyy as hell voice.lol
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I love accents ...def think they are sexy ! However it is the voice and tone that make it !

I'm with this flame lady here, it's not just the accent.
  • bearsgal9
    Options
    Sexy? Most definitely!! Irish, Australian, South African… :smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't have an accent. The way I speak is the yardstick by which accents are measured. In other words, the more you sound like me, the better.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My other half has a southern twang and I love it. I'm also pretty partial to Irish accents, mmm. So yes, the answer is yes, they are.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    south african here ;) its like a mixture between aussie and briish (apparently)

is there something in that beautiful Ocean that makes you all look so yummy!? I don't think it is the accent, but I have to say South African is prolly the sexiest.
  • angelita87
    Options
    IM sorry to inform everyone But a Latin accent Super Sexy hands down