10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that I id complete th Turbo Jam 20 min workout + Turbo sculpt = a total of 60mins. that's the longest workout I've done in a while. hahah but sure feels good. off to prepare lunch.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a great start. Last night a girlfriend and I went to see Dionne Farris in concert. If anyone has ever seen the movie "Love Jones" she has a track on the cd called "Hopeless". She had taken a 13 year hiatus to raise her daughter and now she's back w/a cd dropping in October. Now I loved the song "Hopeless" but never really heard any of her other songs until last night and I must say she has a lovely voice and I will be looking to purchase her previous body of work as well as her new cd. I'm so glad my friend asked me to go b/c I was pleasantly surprised. She was on stage a full 2 hours and sang her heart out. For anyone who's still not familar w/her she's like a neo-soul artist, along the lines of Jill Scott.

Enough about my Friday night and onto my workout. Another friend of mine is currently participating in an exercise boot camp and her trainer offered a free session this morning so I decided to check it out. I must say that Tony Horton's P90X and Shaun T's Insanity really prepared me for boot camp. My endurance was through the roof and I was outshining some of the men who were there. He began the session w/a five minute jog, knocked it out w/o a problem. Then he began our workout w/4 30 second drill stations (they reminded me of football drills). Every 30 seconds you moved to another station until he blew the whistle. I'm telling you my endurance was so crazy that when the 30 seconds were over I was looking around like "that's it, it's over already). I'm still nowhere near mastering the Insanity program but it's good to know that something is working b/c I was looking like a pro out there today. Nonetheless, I did get a good workout in so I'm satisfied AND IT WAS FREE, so it doesn't get much better.

Well I'm off to complete the rest of my errands for today and then chill out. Have a great day all!

Nola: Glad you got that workout in today and I saw the progress pictures and you look awesome. Keep up the great work.

Dawna: Thank for the hrm article. I did check it out and since my hrm doesn't have a place to manually input v02 it's probably not as accurrate as I like. I may start averaging what my hrm and mfp says and use that number. I'm not at a point where i'm willing to spend 100's of $$$ on a hrm so I'll continue using what I have and doing the best I can. Thank again for sharing the informatiobn b/c it was very informative.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 4 day 7 of the Insanity program which means its suppose to be a rest day, so, as always I decided to keep the workout light. I completed the Cardio Abs and Cardio Recovery dvds for a total of 47 minutes. I can't believe I was able to stick w/the Insanity program for an entire month and I'm sort of looking forward to week 5 b/c a new dvd is introduced. I watched the Core and Balance dvd last night and it seems doable so I'm going to give it my all.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in a bit later.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, just writing to say hi and check in. I been out all day and am just getting a chance to check in. last night I went out and had a delicious but healthy dinner. the portions were small and the quality superb so I didnt feel guilty about dining out at all. especially since after that we went out and I danced my butt off and sweat like a mad woman. (sorry for the visual) the only bad part is that I had one too many drinks I can't even remember half of them oops :blushing:
    but I felt great and just wanted to let loose and I did. I was paying for it today with a massive headache but what the hell - it was fun! this wk I'm looking fwd to a short work week and friday I'm off to Dallas for my friend's wedding. I hope its fun and I know I will get to eat a lot of food from home so that will be even better. I won't lie I will indulge but I will watch my portions.

well good night everyone.

p.s. choco a good hrm doesn't have to cost 100 bucks. I have the polar f6 and it runs about $75 to $85 but think of it as an investment in your health, in yourself, in your body, in your future. not that u are not already doing great and kickng some major butt! but if u really want one perhaps u can set aside money that u wud spend on other things like shoes. handbags, etc
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday all! This week it's suppose to get progressively warmer in GA so I'm so looking forward to being outside and enjoying the sunshine. Today is week 5 day 1 of the Insanity program which means I have been going strong on this program for over a month and I couldn't be prouder especially since I was begnning to get a bit bored. However, Shaun T introduced a new dvd called Core Cardio and Balance and I really like it. I think I like it b/c you're still able to get a great workout but the intensity/pace of the dvd is a bit more relaxed which allows me to actually complete every move. I was really impressed w/my ability to complete every level 1 drill (jump into plank, 4 push ups, 4 mountain climbers) b/c this is not something that I was able to do previously.

I hope everyone's day gets off to a great start and I look forward to checking in later to see how everyone is doing.

Nola: I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend and got your dance on....Go Nola, it's your birthday, go Nola, its your birthday...LOL I love when I'm out and able to get my groove on b/c the music is on point. Thank for the info regarding the hrm but in all honesty the one I have will have to surfice for right now. I have a lot of other pressing issues that have to be dealt w/as it relates to money but I think I will invest eventually b/c I hear great things about the polar brand. As a means to stay active and continuously challenge myself I'm thinking of joining another thread called the hrm challenge but I'm unsure what my goal should be since I now realize I'm not burning as many calories as originally thought.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT A REALISTIC AMOUNT OF CALORIES TO BURN IN A WEEK IS? I workout 7 days a week but Sunday tends to be my light day. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thank you in advance.
  • nolachick
    Options
    choco: totally understand if u got more important expenses. besides u look great, u've met and exceeded ur goal, u've improved your endurance, you pretty much did EVERYTHING without one, so I highly doubt you need one. you already got it going on. lol

well my morning was off to a rough s tart at work, I have to redo a lot of things that I thought I had done right and I just don't like making those types of mistakes. but I'll do my best to catch up. today I'm not sure what my workout plan is but this week I'm definately getting back on track with my workouts.

hope everyone's Monday is going great.

p.s. for lunch I had a lean cuisine three cheese stuffed rigatoni and it was sooo good and the nutrition facts were not bad at all. check out my food diary if you'd like. don't get me wrong I had gotten SICK of frozen meals and lean cuisines but picked this up one day just to try it. was really good with zuchini and carrots and peppers and its tasted good, relatively low cal and low sodium when compared to other frozen foods. just and fyi for ya's
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    good afternoon ladies. i'm doing okay. did my workout this morning. i've been working outside. i still have alot to do yet. i'll probably go for a walk this evening. but i'm goin to do the machines tonight.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Well, my weekend got off to a crazy start. I was driving home from work and a semi-truck was literally trying to run me off the road. Apparently I wasn't going fast enough for him (I was in the left lane, trying to pass cars in the right lane) and he ran off a person in the right lane, and then started to swerve at me to get me off the road. It was frustrating. Then I ended up behind him at the exit that I got off on...and he got out of his truck, came to my window and was banging on the door and yelling profanities at me. What in the WORLD?? He was acting like a crazy psycho. I was sooo scared and upset that I called 911 and the police pulled him over and gave him a sobriety test & a ticket. It was a scary deal! So, I was so shaky and emotional Friday night that I could barely walk so I didn't get my exercise in. But, Saturday I got back into my normal routine with a nice solid run at the gym. I was pretty excited because I ran 3 miles without stopping going 6.5mph. It felt amazzzzing! Sunday I had church and then visited with friends. And tonight I am going to get my run on again at the gym. My husband and I are going to get in shape to run a 10K this summer. Then, its a nice relaxing evening for me.

Nola- glad you had fun this weekend!! And your Progress Pictures looked amazing! My goodness girl you are gorgeous!! And I love your attitude about leaving this weekend. Indulge but watch portions! Such a great mindset.. I mean we don't want to deprive ourselves of food we enjoy, but portion is definitely the key. So glad you get to have a short week!

Choco- I don't think you'll need an expensive HRM right now. I have the Polar F4, and thats not very accurate either. But, I can't afford the F6 just yet. But, I think in the meantime I have been underestimating the calories I've burned in exercise. I've also set my activity level to "sedetary" to compensate. But, like Nola said, you are kicking butt girl!!

porterbaby- way to get your workout in this morning!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Dawna: that must have really been scary and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you were able to call for help and that they pulled him over. I hope he got what he deserved. I would have either frozen and not know what to do or lost it and ran over him as he walked to my car hahaha. just kidding.

omg today a horrible day but I tried to stick to the plan and eat sensibly and got my workout in. it was just a really bad day like u know when everything goes wrong and everyone pisses u off. thank gosh my bf was being supportive and tried to cheer me up.

well i'll say good night hope everyone is doing great.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning my wonderful workout buddies! Today is week 5 day 2 of the Insanity program and I will be completing the Core Cardio and balance dvd all week in hopes of giving my body the recovery needed to take on month 2 of Insanity. I'm not sure I want to know what month 2 will be like b/c I couldn't master month 1 and now we'll be exercising longer. I guess I'll worry about month 2 next week and just continue to enjoy the recovery dvd.

Have a great day all and i"ll check in a bit later.

Dawna: Im sorry your weekend got off to such a scary start but it seems like you handled the situation like a pure pro and my hat goes off to you for keeping your head. It's always hard to know what you'll do in crazy situations. I remember when I was about 11 and I was driving w/my mom to my grandmother's house on a Sunday night and these two young men tried to run us off the road. My mother had to pull over to the side of the road so no one would get hurt and the men got out of their car and not only started yelling at us but pulled out a huge butcher knife and slashed the back tire. When they did that my mother hit the gas again and the young man who was standing in front of the car flew onto the hood and began screaming for my mother not to kill him. I remember asking my mother years later what made her take off like that and she said that when she saw how upset I was it made her go into protective mode and she just reacted. Crazy story I know but I always respected my mom a lot more after b/c she kept her cool in such a scary situation and kept both of us safe in the process.

Nola: I'm sorry to learn you had a rough day yesterday but glad you didn't let it derail your healthy eating and workout. I know I'm a stress eater so it can be easy to get off track. Way to Go for keeping it together. Hope you have a better day today.

Ladydi: WHERE YOU AT? I hope that whatever going on in your life you're making smart choices and doing some type of exercise. Your presence is missed!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Thanks ladies! After re-playing the situation over and over in my head I realized there were some things I should have done, but didn't think of it until afterwards. And Choco- oh my word, that is amazing about your mom. I can't imagine how much more I would have been freaking out if I had kids with me. How scary at the age of 11! I did call the Police Department this morning to see what the outcome was, if he got a ticket or what. But, they told me that all the police did was give him a warning. I couldn't have been more disappointed. But, nothing I can do now.

Last night didn't go as planned. I got home and fell asleep talking to my husband on the couch. He said I looked extremely tired--- probably from lack of sleep the last few nights after the incident. So, he let me sleep. He came and woke me up at 8pm after he finished making dinner. It was sweet of him. So, I just took it easy, and got my rest in last night. I'm energized and ready to get my workout on tonight! I didn't eat bad yesterday, so that was a plus.

Have a great day ladies!
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!

I hope you guys didn't think I gave up! lol Last week was crazzzzzzyyyy some family issues but all is well and back to normal. Even though I was not on track last week I did keep it on the light side as far as eating goes. I did not get to workout much I did manage to walk on my 30 min breaks at work. Oh and I went running with a girlfriend from work. She is trying to get back in shape too. Well I call it running but it was more like powerwalking/run:ohwell: I bought this hrm and it tracked that I lost a ton of calories walking and running for an hour in a half. It was fun. But I am back and ready to workout. I haven't missed a workout yet this week but its only Tuesday.

Wow Dawna that's crazy I hope you are feeling better.

Choco: I am still standing!! after the crap that happened last week I am proud that I didn't turn to cheetos lol

Nola: I hope tomorrow goes better I had that kind of week

Oh and by the way ladies I managed to lose a pound last week so I didn't do too bad
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday all! Today is week 5 day 3 of the Insanity program and I'm still in recovery. I decided to switch things up a bit today so instead of completing the Core Cardio and Balance dvd I chose Jillian Michael'sBlast Fat/Boost Metabolism dvd. I rocked it out for 43 minutes and once again I can tell the difference in my endurance level b/c I was able to complete the dvd w/o breaks and it felt great. I also decided to try one of the Beach Body Shakeology meal replacements and it was pretty tasty. I chose the chocolate flavor and mixed it with 8 oz of 1% milk. I may very well consider purchasing some of it.

Well I hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later.

Ladydi: Glad to have you back and glad to know you didn't let your crazy week slow you down. Way to get the workouts in!

Kicklikeagirl: Sometimes our body needs rest so I'm glad you listed to it. I am participating in another thread where the goal is to do some type of exercise 7 days a week. So for the past 11 weeks I've exercised every day of the week. I usually use Sunday as my rest day so I keep my workout very light (stretching or a fun dancing dvd).
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies! let me start of by saying how proud I am that we are all stilll on this journey and trying to keep it together no matter what gets in our way. stuff happens so don't beat yourself up when something slows you down, just jump right back in when you can.

ladydi: i'm sorry u had a crazy week but glad u were able to keep it together.
    choco: I have been have that DVD at home and too intimidated to try it. hahaha maybe tomorrow I give it a try. Today I'm hoping for a nice long bike ride with my boo.

yesterday I had all intentions of working out but I have been so stressed at work, stayed late and didnt get home tile almost 7 so by the time I got home I passed out. I still hadd 700 calories left for the day so when I woke up I was STARVING but it was almost 10 and didnt wanna eat anything too heavy so I had a bowl of special k which hit the spot, and I was really craving fries, so I went back to bed so I could not think about eating bad stuff. lol

well have a great day everyone, for me the week is almost over, only today and tomorrow and Friday I have OFF. :smile: :smile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Today is Wednesday...so that means its ZUMBA night! I am excited, and wish you were all there to go with me! Plus side= its free! My husband wants to do a little strength training with him when I get home-- I love working out with him. So, we'll do a little cardio and then eat a yummy dinner and then I'll go to my zumba class to burn some more calories...but mostly just to let loose and have fun!

Nola- Hope you get to go on your bike ride! I am wishing for warm weather...it snowed here today! Ugh! Way to go on eating light for dinner...thats how I was the other night when I fell asleep when I got home. Somedays we just need our rest from a hard day. Good choices girl! So proud of you!

Choco- My sister is letting me borrower her P90X this week, so I only can do maybe 3 of the workouts...which ones would you recommend I try just to get a feel for what P90X is like? Strength training...cardio... etc. I'm trying to decide if I want to make the purchase. Also, I think I'm going to start doing Yoga or Pilates on my rest day...just to get the additional stretching in. Great idea!

Ladydi-- so great to have you back girl! And glad to hear that even though there were some family issues you never gave up! You're inspiring girl, keep up the hard work- it will be worth it!

Have a great night ladies!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Dawna: P90X is cardio and strength training but since ur in great shape u may find the Plyo, Kenpo and Cardio X dvd not intense enough for u.
    When I complete the cardio dvds now that I've been doin Insanity it feels more like a recovery day. I do get a great workout but the pace is less intense than Insanity.

What are u looking to accomplish w/the program. They have classic and lean versions. If u choose classic u start w/certain dvds and if u choose lean u start w/another set (the dvds for both versions are included in the purchase).
    The classic version is more strength base while the lean focuses on cardio. I do plan on returnin to the program once I'm done w/insanity.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Thursday and for all who may be off work tomorrow (like myself) let the weekend and the fun begin. It is going to be an absolutely beautiful day/weekend here in GA and I plan to get out and enjoy it. Today is week 5 day 5 of the Insanity program and I completed the Core Cardio and Balance dvd (like I'm suppose to). I am extremely sore today. I mean my shoulders, upper back, hip flexors and quads are aching something awful. Despite the sore feeling I'm feeling really good my accomplishment w/this dvd.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!!
    Last night I was SO ready to get my workout on, and I had some built up tension to burn from work. So, I got home and immediately did a Turbo Kick round- and dang that really gets my heart pounding, and its always such a great workout. Then, my hubby made a delicious dinner and we finished watching the new Twilight New Moon movie which we rented a few nights ago. And then since my sister was in town she came to Zumba with me and we had a blast! I love that class and its so fun! I'm excited that the girl that teaches will be here next semester, since its offered at the University.

Choco- Thanks for the input. I think I'll check out some of the video samples online of the program and see what my sisters DVDs look like. I'm definitely looking to lean down, so I want something with more cardio, but also strength training to help my metabolism keep burning calories. I'm looking at intense cardio 3 times a week (although from what I've heard from various people, the cardio isn't as great in the P90X program) with 2-3 days of strength training a week. Is the Insanity program more of a cardio workout?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    double post!
  • nolachick
    Options
    wooo hoo its thursday at last! and yes my weekend begins tonight! so I'm sooo happy. have lots to do before my trip to Dallas. I will try my best to still log on but it will be hard. who cares its the weekend, hahaha. I will still try to watch what I eat so no need to worry. I will eat what I want but in very small portions, how bout that. and I dont think there will be much drinking for me so I'm not worried about alcohol calories. we'll see. have a great day everyone! :smile: