Awkward moments,...

Options

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    When my 6 year old cousin references her mom (my aunt) and says to me "isn't mom FAT!??!?!" in front of our whole family at Thanksgiving... :(

yes that would be awkward, but at least kids are just stating a fact and not usually trying to be mean, kids are brutally honest somtimes :)
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When your husband finds out you had coffee with a stranger you met on Craigslist.

Thats not awkward, thats deserved.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    When I get caught listening to my Justin Bieber Christmas CD....yes sad I know...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    when the phone starts ringing while you're pretending to be on the phone.

Cracking up - I have had this happen on a few occasions!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    When you go to a public bathroom to poo in comfortable silence and then someone else walks in to use the bathroom so you have to pucker up. When you don't hear the woosh of water from your stall mate, you realize that you are now locked into a Who Can Hold Out Longer battle. You agonize over just letting loose or waiting for them to leave and you just know they're doing the same thing. Either you get up and wash your hands, defeated...or you wait until they get frustrated enough to do the same.

I've had some tense stand offs.

LOL ! I just poo but I put toilet paper down first . IBut then I try and wait for everyone to leave or I hope the person next to me stays put so I can leave without being seen
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    also that awkward moment, when at work , you need to fart, noone is around, so you let one off and OF COURSE then someone has to come to you and ask a question or use the photocopier etc
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When at the hairdressers with my boys and one of them points at someone's amazing new style and says "I don't want it like that".

:blushing:
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    First real life phone call with someone you met on MFP.

i have had a few of these and they aren't that bad.....
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Accidentally answering the phone when you're having sex and then when you're done your mom calls you back and asks if you are ok because it sounded like you were hurt.... >.<
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    That moment when the elevator door opens for you to enter with only one guy in there by himself looking at the floor. Then realizing he cut one right before you got on. Or even worse, when he gets off at the next floor and someone else gets on and thinks it was you.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    When you are doing your rounds as a housekeeper and a bald guy asks for extra shampoo and conditioner. O_o
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When you're creeping on a friend of a friend on facebook, and you accidentally press "add"... -.-
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    when your finger gets caught in a closing elevator and you have to yell to the person inside to open the door.... (this happened to me, the people in my condo don't know what elevator etiquette is! )
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    When you're sitting on the toilet and you hear someone else in the stall clipping their finger/toe nails. And then when the both of you come out, you realize its your manager clipping his finger nails in the restroom.

EWW!!! Omg. LOL I work in a clinic- there was one time we had a woman doing that in the waiting room! We asked her to stop or at least do it over a trashcan! haha
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    When you approach a person you know well but have not seen in several months and address them.. then you realize, they don't know who you are...
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Someone cutting their nails does not bother me. Them leaving their nail clippings everywhere bothers me.
  • Starlage
    Options
    When you go to a public bathroom to poo in comfortable silence and then someone else walks in to use the bathroom so you have to pucker up. When you don't hear the woosh of water from your stall mate, you realize that you are now locked into a Who Can Hold Out Longer battle. You agonize over just letting loose or waiting for them to leave and you just know they're doing the same thing. Either you get up and wash your hands, defeated...or you wait until they get frustrated enough to do the same.

I've had some tense stand offs.

BA HAHA HHA totally!!! I hate that. So awkward when you go to the 'pooping stall', a nice quiet bathroom and someone else comes in to do the same thing. ACK!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Accidentally answering the phone when you're having sex and then when you're done your mom calls you back and asks if you are ok because it sounded like you were hurt.... >.<

How do you accidentally answer the phone in this activity???? LOL> You made my day.. Great chuckle.
  • Starlage
    Options
    another bathroom related one.

When you work in a clinic or office with a single toilet/private bathroom instead of multiple stalls- you go in there to pee, try to hold in the fart the best you can but it slips out.. and someone is waiting outside to use it after you... DOH!!