What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Or, at least pretending to, it's been weighing my back down for weeks. I bring it to work with me to read at lunch, but go for my 45 minute walk instead.
  • aixela35
    aixela35 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just finished Kay Hooper's "Blood Sins" and will read "Blood Ties" when it comes out in paperback.
    So now I started Dean Koontz "Your heart belongs to me".
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Re-reading the Twilight series......I heart Edward Cullen.....mmmmm...and simultaneously reading The Lovely Bones and For Whom the Bell Tolls....I'm ADD with books if you can't tell.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Deeper then the Dead by Tami Hoag. It is a great suspense book. I love her books since they are usually based in Minneapolis and I know all the places she is talking about but this one is in California set in the mid 80s. It is interesting going back to before dna testing and all the stuff we know absorb through the csi saturated programing on tv.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Society's Child (Janis Ian's new autobiogrphy). I'm loving the book, and I got to meet her and have it signed.
  • Alexis1227
    Options
    I've got 3 books going right now because I get bored easily LOL
    -The Christian Athiest by Craig Greoschel (he's my pastor!)
    -Dead Before Dawn by Charlain Harris
    -The Blessed LIfe by Robert Morris
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Shiver" ... I've heard wonderful things about on www.goodreads.com ... Nursing School is killing me with NCLEX review so...I'm on hold for reading at the moment! haha

I did just finished all 5 books of the Percy Jackson series. They were pretty good, the books at the end are way better than the first few.

I would also recommend The Nicholas Flamel Series. The first book is called "The Alchemyst", the 2nd is "The Magician", and the 3rd is "The Sorceress" ... the 4th book actually comes out in May and it's called "The Necromancer" ... The series is by Micheal Scott. All of the characters are real either in greek mythology or the like... the twins are the only characters that he made up! SUCH GOOD BOOKS! =D

I have also read the Twilight Series, and I am a twihard for sure. Obviously, a Jacob fan! =D
  • jenna713
    jenna713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have three books going right now. I get bored easily and what I read is based on my mood. I am currently reading The Princess Bride S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure BY William Goldman; Always Looking Up the second autobiography of Michael J. Fox and I am reading Treasure Island to my son.
  • neenaof4
    neenaof4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks and then I'm going to see the movie as soon as it comes out. My next book will probably be one of the new ones by James Patterson (my all-time favorite author)
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Glorious Appearing by Tim Lahay. It is book 11 of the 12 book serious Left Behind, AMAZING!!!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Coffee Trader by Edward Liss. It's set in Amsterdam 1690's. A coworker let me borrow it because I'm a coffee addict and I really enjoyed it.
    Next on the roster is Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibson. I've heard it's hilarious.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 4 books at the same time:

Fiction: "Under the Dome" by Stephen King (for Pleasure)
    Non-Fiction: "Every Man's Battle" by Fred Stoeker (for my Youth Group)
    Non-Fiction: "The Gift of Forgiveness" by Charles Stanley (for my Bible Study Group)
    the Quran (for General Knowledge and Inquisitiveness; have several Muslim friends, and want to learn more about their religion and what they believe)
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Glorious Appearing by Tim Lahay. It is book 11 of the 12 book serious Left Behind, AMAZING!!!

Erica,
    Did you read the prequels too?
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    Im reading "The Fat-Free Truth". At work Im listening to Harry Potter 5 (for like the 10th time) and Carrie on CD.

Erin
  • tjcnc
    tjcnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk. The evolution of probablity and risk assesment.
  • dbnew
    dbnew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started reading the Sword of Truth series. I'm in the first book, Wizard's First Rule, and I'm loving it! I wish I could be reading it right now but I'm still at work. ;)
  • dbnew
    dbnew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @enromero
    I just finished listening to the HP7 audiobook (while at work too)! I only have books 6 & 7 on audiobook, I need to get the rest...
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    i'm reading "atlas shrugged" by ayn rand.
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    I've been making my way through Jane Austen's books, b/c I loved Pride & Prejudice in high school (which I graduated in 2004 and am just now getting to this because I also couldn't read much during college!)

Anywho, I've reread Pride & Prejudice, read Sense & Sensibility, and am now reading Persuasion.

BTW, my fave vampire book series thus far is the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton :)

My wife just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as well as Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters ...

PP&Z KICKED *kitten*!!! That was one of the funniest books I have read in a long time!!

I am currently reading:

Making Money - by Neil Gaimen
    Dreaming the Eagle - by Manda Scott
    The Deathly Hallows (again) - JKRowling (as if people didnt know)

I usually have at least three books on the go... I am a compulsive reader!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm also reading Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom - but I've been working on that one for about a year!!