Options

Replies

• jasonfndr
    Options
    Bump for later
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when the guy you've been seeing for 2 months says you should move in with him.

Then again 4 days later, when he tells you that he can't say where the relationship is going because he can't promise tomorrow right now (and you didn't even ask for a "relationship status"). :noway: :huh:

Ah, the bi-polar rollercoaster. Fun fun
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When you are sneakily doing squats or incline push ups in the restroom at work and someone walks in ...

That's happened to me ... except I am doing yoga poses. They can only see my feet but I'm sure they wonder WTF I'm doing ... :laugh:
  • gkwatra
    Options
    When your in a public restroom and you have to poop and go ahead and do so, and your 2 yr old in the stall decides to say "Mommy stinky butt!" in a full bathroom with people waiting in line to go.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gkwatra
    Options
    We had a secret Santa exchange at work. Just before the party, I hurriedly wrapped my gift, wrote a Happy Holiday message in the card, and placed both under the communal tree. When the recipient got my gift, she first tried to guess who the giver was. Somebody called out. "Look at that handwriting! That's from a GUY for sure!"

:embarassed: All I could do was mumble "Um, no, it's from me." Awkward...

I forgot to take the price tag off of mine one time (in my defense it was 11:00 PM the night before when I wrapped it --- way past my bedtime). They knew it was mine because everyone saw me come in the office with that "blue" present. No one said anything though ... I wanted the ground to swallow me right there and wake up from the "bad dream."
  • gkwatra
    Options
    tumblr_meezp6HqI61rix6p2o1_500.png

^This! Everytime!

That is ALWAYS my reaction!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when you have multiple chat windows open and you type a response/question/comment into the wrong chat window.
  • gkwatra
    Options
    I still feel awkward if I'm buying "feminine" products and a man is ringing me up. I always tried to avoid that before. Thank God for Self-Checkout these days.
  • wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When your boss ask you to write a quick note to the employees about turning the sheets on time and instead you spell "$h!t" while he is looking over your shouder and reading it out loud... Opps!
    In my defense English is my second language and I don't like having people looking over my shoulder!
  • hamstermann
    hamstermann Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when you have multiple chat windows open and you type a response/question/comment into the wrong chat window.

or even worse - a password!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    When you meet someone on MFP and they look nothing like their profile pics...
  • Princess41463
    Princess41463 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When you go to a public bathroom to poo in comfortable silence and then someone else walks in to use the bathroom so you have to pucker up. When you don't hear the woosh of water from your stall mate, you realize that you are now locked into a Who Can Hold Out Longer battle. You agonize over just letting loose or waiting for them to leave and you just know they're doing the same thing. Either you get up and wash your hands, defeated...or you wait until they get frustrated enough to do the same.

I've had some tense stand offs.

No way! I just go for it - if you give in then they'll give in and then everyone leaves happy and comfy!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I still feel awkward if I'm buying "feminine" products and a man is ringing me up. I always tried to avoid that before. Thank God for Self-Checkout these days.

I never understood why girls feel awkward about this. I'm fairly certain that men *do* know we have periods.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Typos. Many years ago, I typed "It's a beautiful day for a ride today!" on a motorcycle forum. However, I typed "Beautifuk" instead. My friends from that forum that are on Facebook now remind me of that occasionally. Good fun though!

JM
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i work in a psyciarty office, and its pretty awkward when someone i know come in, its happend a quite few times since in live in a small town
    When you work for a Psychiatrist and don't know how to spell psychiatry.

LOL I was thinking the same.. I had to read it a couple times to realize it meant psychiatry.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I never understood why girls feel awkward about this. I'm fairly certain that men *do* know we have periods.

Me, either. Periods are a part of life. Buy the damn products and get on with your life. I also don't understand the 'afraid to poop in the bathroom' awkwardness. It's a BATHROOM. That's where you are supposed to, well, use the bathroom. Everyone poops. There's even a book about it. No one is judging your communal bathroom pooping. Just go already.

Wayyyyy too many body issues exist over what we all have and do, but seem to delight in pretending we don't have or do. I just don't get it...
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    When your 5 year old daughter's friend tells you she lives with her grandmother because her mother is crazy and goes to jail all the time unless she takes her pills, and that she is now in a place where they make her take her pills.

At that point you have no words.

Oh my goodness. That poor little girl..
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    When you send a sexy text to your boyfriend and then realize you sent it to your 50 something male co-worker by mistake:blushing:

He is cool so it's all good, however I'll never live it down!
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Me, either. Periods are a part of life. Buy the damn products and get on with your life. I also don't understand the 'afraid to poop in the bathroom' awkwardness. It's a BATHROOM. That's where you are supposed to, well, use the bathroom. Everyone poops. There's even a book about it. No one is judging your communal bathroom pooping. Just go already.

Wayyyyy too many body issues exist over what we all have and do, but seem to delight in pretending we don't have or do. I just don't get it...

I judge my co-workers when they are in the bathroom pooping! :laugh:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    When you find out that someone you 'pocket dialed' heard you singing loudly with the radio in your car.