10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Dawna: Insanity is pretty much all cardio. The reason it's so intense is that the exercise moves are completed at such a fast pace but I don't doubt you'll be able to keep up. I mean you did Turbo kick last night AND went to Zumba class. I don't think I have all that energy. I think Insanity would be a nice challenge for you but b/c you're pretty fit I don't think it would be too much. Let me know what you decide.

Nola: Enjoy your trip to Dallas and being w/friends. It sounds like you have a sound plan of action so I know you'll do fine.

Today is my Friday too and I'm going to Happy Hour w/a friend since it's absolutely beautifful outside. I have no intention on drinking but i've never been to this restaurant so I'm not really sure about the food options. i do plan to check out the website prior to going but I've tried to adjust my cals throughout today so there won't be any problems later.

Have a nice day everyone.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    How lucky are you girls...with Thursday being your "Friday"!!! I wish it was for me too.

Nola- have lots of fun on your trip to Dallas! How far is NO from Dallas? Are you flying or driving? I can't remember... Its gonna be fun, and I love your attitude. Its important to have fun, but yet you are willing to also keep things in check and not go overboard. You can do it! I have the confidence that you will! Then, when I go on my trip in a few weekends...I can make sure I do the same!!

Choco- thanks for the insights. I'm thinking I might wait on a purchase of either P90X or Insanity until next fall/winter. I know I get the most bored when I'm stuck indoors. During the summer I'll be able to go do more fun things outside, so I'll be sure to keep researching it until then. I'll probably be asking ya more questions. And you have the energy girl!! I am so incredibly sweaty and tired after my Turbo Kick. Luckily I had a 2 hour break before I went to Zumba, but honestly, that doesn't feel like a workout to me, its just some fun dancing! But, I always love a new challenge...so I'll look into both programs.

Ladydi- how are you girl? Do you have some fun plans for the weekend? Still workin hard on your exercises?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! just wanted to drop by and check in. I went shopping today and I am happy to say that I fit into a lot of size 10 and even size 8 dresses! so that was exciting! downfall is that a lot of them were too short for a wedding so that sucked but I finally found a nice one after trying on a zillion dresses! so i was really happy that I was fitting well into a lot of them so I bought myself 3 dresses haha. I NEVER wear dresses so I dunno what the hell got into me. :laugh: guess thats good tho.

no time for working out today tho got home exhausted but I managed to stay up and watch a movie actually it was twilight. hahaha I never thought Id watch that but I actually liked it.

Dawna: how did u like new moon?

ok well i got lots to do b4 my trip but I'll try to check in during the weekend.

Be good ladies!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! I'm posting about 3 hours later than normal b/c I have the day off from work and I made myself lay in the bed until about 8 am. I'm still programmed to rise at 5 am so it was a struggle to remain in bed but I did it nonetheless and I'm happy for it. Today is week 5 day 5 of the Insanity program and the Core Cardio and Balance dvd has been completed. I'm still pretty sore all over but I know it's because I've been pushing myself in the workouts so I'm not really going to complain. I just hope I'm ready to take my 3rd Insanity fit test come this Monday.

Anyway, now that the workout is complete and I have the day to myself I'm about to get dressed and head to the nail salon to get a pedicure...WooHoo. It's going to be in the 80's in GA today and I want to enjoy every minute of it. I may also take in a little shopping since my best girlfriends and I will be heading to L.A. next month.

Nola: Congrats on getting into those size 10/8 dresses. Stay focused and you'll be maintaining your weight sooner than you think.

Dawna: Hope you enjoy whatever kick butt workout you'll be doing today. It will be the end of your work day sooner than later. Try not to let it stress you.

Ladydi: Where you at and how are the workouts coming along.

By the way, I lost another pound and my lil ticker on my weight tracker has moved straight off the page...LOL
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! Last night I wasn't sure I'd get my workout in, since I knew I wouldn't get home until 8pm or later. But, when I got home around 8:30 I had so much energy that I decided to do another round of Turbo Kick. That's usually my "go-to" workout when I'm somewhat short on time, because it gets my calories up, and I can practice my teaching skills. Luckily I had been prepared to get home late so I had packed a meal to have around 5:30pm. It was a great workout! I am not paying as close of attention to my HRM calories burned because I'm scared I've been overestimating. So, I've been taking off about 100-200 calories burned from what I usually do. My weight loss has stopped since I bought my HRM back in December, so I wonder if I am eating more than what I am actually burning. Trying to make some slight adjustments to I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Choco- way to go on another pound lost..haha..its funny that the ticker is off the page! Dang girl! You inspire me! Have a great time shopping. I'm exciting to go on a sweet shopping trip in a few weekends. And...boy do I wish it was 80 degrees here. I woke up to a pile of snow on my car and the temp gage said 20 degrees...BRRRR! I am getting antsy for some warm weather!

Nola-- how exciting to buy some cute dresses, and to top it off, all in smaller sizes!!!! Way to go girl! Have fun this weekend on your trip!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!its friday and wether you have the day off or not, its still friday and that means the weekend is here!

i got my workout in already and am off to have a deflicious salad for lunch and get my hair and nails done. not much time so I'm rushing out!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND LADIES!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Dawna: 20 degrees definitely sucks especially since it's April. Where do you live b/c I'll be sure not to visit until the weather begins to cooperate....LOL

Nola: Enjoy ur day getting pampered.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    i've been so busy. i really have to work my butt off. i just got my bikini from ebay,it's very beautiful, but i have my work cut out. but it's worth it though.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

It has been a very long week this will be my first full weekend off in a month! I really needed it badly. I worked out this week and did plenty of cardio. I feel the muscles coming and feel much stronger. I am proud of myself! People are really starting to notice the weight loss and it feels great! I went ol'school with the Billy Blanks Taebo CD tonight and it kicked my butt. I stuck with it until the end. I burned 830 calories! Crazy! I needed it though I ate fried fish and chicken fingers today. I indulged for lunch and dinner.Other than that everything is great and I am slowly but surely getting to my goal.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your Easter.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Wow what a difference it is between what you plan and what actually happens....but I would like to think that everything happens for a reason and God is trying to tell me something. I don't know not to sound crazy but I feel like he's trying to tell me to slow down, I have no idea but here goes....

First of all I am still in New Orleans....why? well to make a story short, we had all day to prepare for this 7pm flight, but of course nothing went as planned my nails took longer than I thought (they were jam packed) i had to cut my bf's hair before we left, I cudnt decide what to pack, my friend's debit card wasnt working so when we went to the ATM for some reason it didnt wanna give out money lol. we were 2mins away from the airport and my bf was hungry so we stopped thru the drive thru (him not me) got to the airport a little after 6 which I thought was PLENTY of time to make the 7pm flight...but of course it took is long to get a parking spot and walk two buildings over to the terminal, well at this point we weren't running or worring cuz it was 6:30 and we thought time was a lil tight but ah we'll make it. so we walked up to the check in counter and I hear the airline agent say - ITS TOO LATE TO CHECK IN!
    WHAT. THE. ****? but we still have 30 mins?????
    NO the cut off time is thirty-five mins.
    are u f-ing kidding me?
    of course I was pissed! my friend's wedding is tomorrow and I am still in New Orleans.
    that lady was a complete ***** about it she didnt care that we missed "the cut off"" time WTF??? (I still don't know when the hell that rule came into place???) I have boarded an INTERNATIONAL flight to Belize 5 MINUTES before it took off. are u kidding me?
    my brain was not processing the phrase - "YOU CAN'T CHECK IN"
    I still can't process it. So here I am at home on a friday night doing laundry, doing dishes and all the lasat minute stuff I shud have done before I left but didn't get around too. I never thought this would happen, I know its not the end of the world or anything and I'm not trying to be dramatic at all - sorry if I'm boring you but I can't believe my best friend is at her bachelorette party right now and I'm not there. :sad:
    at first we were joking about it and everyone was quiet (my roomate, my bf and I were supposed to go tonight.)

OH WELL :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

so we are on STANDBY for the next available flight which is bright and early at 6am. WOW. still can't process what happened.

hope you ladies had a better start to the weekend than I did :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

. Hope fully tomorrow is better. I will be happy to get on that flight and make the wedding at 3pm. worse part is I'm doing my girl's HAIR AND MAKEUP so I dunno what she will do if I don't make it. she will go into serious panic mode.

sorry ladies just had to let this out somehow.

Good night
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Today is week 5 day 6 of the Insanity program. I decided to forego the Core Cardio & Balance dvd and headed to the gym. I completed 30 minutes on the Elliptical and then headed to my kickboxing class. I rocked it out for another 45 minutes. I ended my workout w/a yummy protein shake.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi ladies! I usually don't check in on a Saturday, but I decided I'd come update my fabulous Saturday! I didn't work out last night (friday) because we had some friends stop over unexpectedly and we ended up chatting for quite a while. So, today I made up for last night. This morning I got up and did Turbo Kick for 45 minutes, and then some strength training (CE) for 30. Had a great and relaxing day and just enjoyed my husband's company. Its too dang cold to go outside---we had a blizzard last night and now have 2 feet of snow on the ground! What??? Its APRIL!? Haha... and I live in Idaho---so choco, don't come out west anytime soon. Then tonight my husband had a meeting to go to, so I decided I'd go hit the gym and do some lighter workouts. I walked/light jogged on the treadmill doing some crazy inclines, but it was fun because it was different than usual. I did that for 30 minutes and then ran stairs for a bit and then got on the bike for about 15 minutes. So, I'm guessing I burned about 800 calories total today. I'm not using my HRM as being "accurate" because I think thats what's been hindering my weightloss. But, I sure feel great! Since my husband's meeting won't get over until 8pm, and I don't feel like cooking, we're going to Jimmy John's to get some sandwiches. I don't like how high in sodium food is when you go out to eat...but oh well, I'll just drink lots of water to make up for it.

Ladydi- So glad to hear from you!! Way to rock out with the Billy Blanks tae bo! Kickboxing is one of my hardest workouts...I use Turbo Jam/ Turbo Kick and it gets me everytime!!

Nola- I am so sorry to hear it was such a crappy situation at the airport. I've actually had that happen before...except I got to the airport to check in 45 minutes before the plane boarded, but no one was at the check-in desk. I asked security and they said I was too late, because the check-in-people were loading the luggage on the plane! What?? It was stupid, and probably because it was a smaller airport, and short on staff during the holidays. Lame! I hope you made it to your friend's wedding! I think God gives us trials so we can learn how to become more patient and learn to rely on him, as well as to better appreciate life when things are going great. You are strong, and keep trusting in Him!

Choco- Nice girl- you went crazy on your workouts today!!! Thatta girl! I looove kickboxing and its such a great way to burn calories. And..yumm..I had a protein shake after my morning workouts as well...so tasty & refreshing!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Easter everyone! I'm suppose to begin month 2 of the Insanity program tomorrow and when I looked at the workout schedule I realized I'm suppose to complete the fit test and the 1st month 2 dvd (Max Interval Circuit) on the same day. Since I didn't think I would have the energy nor the time to rock out both of these dvds I decided to complete the fit test today. Here are my results:

Fit Test 1 - Fit Test 2 - Fit Test 3

Switch Kicks: 50 - 70 - 80

Power Jacks: 57 - 70 - 80

Power Knees: 80 - 95 - 110

Power Jumps: 32 - 44 - 62

Globe Jumps: 8 - 10 - 12

Suicide Jumps: 12 - 18 - 21

Push-up Jacks: 20 - 32 - 40

Low Plank Oblique: 40 - 54 - 60

I am very proud of my results but I must admit the fit test kicked my butt today. I was feeling great and strong all the way through the power jumps but after the globe jumps I was wiped out. It took all the strength I had to bring it for the rest of the test which is why I think there is not a bigger improvement w/my suicide jumps, push up jacks and low plank oblique.

In addition to my fit test I also took my measurements and I'm down 1 lb, 1.5% body fat and 3.5 total inches. Not mind blowing stats but progress nonetheless.

Dawna: Way to rock out your Saturday despite having lots of snow to deal with. I know you can't wait until the weather warms up. It has been an absolutely beautiful weekend in GA and the rest of the week is suppose to be just as beautiful. I've never been to Idaho and if its snowing in April I won't be visiting anytime in the near future. I'm originally from Boston and I only go home to visit during the months of May through September. You might catch me in October but nothing after b/c I don't like dealing w/the cold and all the snow possibilities.

Nola: I hope you made it to your friends wedding and don't let the airlines takeaway from the reason you're traveling in the first place. You're supporting your best friend and that's whats important. I can honestly say that I've never missed a flight b/c i'm a stickler for time and I'm usually pack at least 2 days before the trip. My experience is that when you wait til the last minute anything that can go wrong will. Anyway, enjoy yourself and I can't wait to read how everything turned out.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. It was absolutely beautiful in GA so I was able to get out and enjoy the sun. Today I began month 2 of the Insanity program and all I can say is that it's BRUTAL. Week 6 day 1 of the program requires you to complete the Max Interval Circuit dvd and it's an hour long and a killer. While I tried very hard to pace myself I found my heart rate was still very high and 40 minutes into the workout I was ready to give in. However, when Shaun T told me to "Dig Deeper" I did just that and was able to complete the entire workout. I just need to say that the ab circuit (ski abs, push up jacks, in and out abs and oblique abs) and full body drill (mountain climbers, walking push ups and wide run obliques) are PURE EVIL and I dreaded every time we had to do them. Having complained all through this post I will end it on a positive note. I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR STICKING WITH IT AND SO GLAD I GOT UP AT 5 AM AND GOT THE WORKOUT IN.

Question: Does anyone know if you burn more calories when you stay within your heart rate zone or if you exceed it? My hrm tells me how many minutes I spent in, above or below my heart rate zone and I'm interested to find out what kind of difference it makes in my workouts.

Anyway, everyone have a great day!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope everyone had a good Easter, very busy @ work today so will be checking in later. Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm still thinking about u guys and hoping ya'll had a good weekend.
    I was bad bad bad so this week I need to work work work!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Hope you all had a great Easter weekend! I love the holiday and its significance. I spent Saturday working out, cleaning the house, and shoveling snow! ahh!

I wrote a blog last week pretty much talking about what things I feel I am doing right, and what things are hindering my weightloss. The reason is because I am at this slump where I haven't lost weight in 18 weeks. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do. Despite I am eating my exercise calories, a lot of people are telling me that with my activity levels I maybe should be eating even more than what MFP tells me. But, I don't know. I think I might try it...but I'm apprehensive. I already eat between 1600-1900 calories a day. And I honestly don't know how I can eat any more than that. I'm already having a hard time searching for snacks that fall within my sodium/fat/protein/carb/sugar levels. Its crazy. Another thing I've been wondering if its because I workout in the early evening, instead of the early morning. I know if I can get my lazy butt out of bed early in the morning it will boost my metabolism. So, goal 1 is increase my pre-exercise calorie goal by 50 calories this week & goal 2 is to attempt to get up and do cardio 3 MORNINGS this week! I'm going to try Tues, Thurs & Sat.

Choco- In my research, I've found that they say that anaerobic exercises burn less calories overall than the aerobic (in the zone) exercises. Anaerobic exercise still is important in small amounts to help strengthen your body & muscles and improve the workings of your heart & lungs. Typically they recommend to shoot into the anaerobic zone for a few minutes during an aerobic exercise. For me, I usually spend about 35 minutes out of 45 "in the aerobic zone", and about 5-10 minutes or so that are really high intensity. Be sure after you get your HR up to the anerobic stage, you bring it back down before stopping your workout, which is why cooldowns are so important.

I found this article on anaerobic exercise. It might help in your questions...
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1035

Nola- Can't wait to hear how the wedding went!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Dawna: I wish I had some good advice to share w/you regareding your lack of weight loss but I'm really not sure. I would have thought you would have lost some type of weight in 18 weeks especially since you workout and eat healthy so consistently. I know when I began gaining weight after a few weeks in boot camp I decided to eat over my allotted calorie amount for a few days I know it was not longer than a week (I still ate relatively healthy) and then began the deficit again and it seemed to give me the kick start I needed. My only advice would be to try a variety of things to see what works for your body. Keep us posted. I can totally understand any frustration you may be going through b/c I know I was at my wits end in December but the lack of progress didn't last as long as 18 weeks. I wish you nothing but the best b/c you surely deserve it. Thanks for the information regarding the heart rate zone. I will check out the link when I get a chance.

Nola: Hope your work day is goin well and I can't wait to hear about the wedding either.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    god afternoon ladies. just checking in. since it's been nice outside, i've been working outside alot. plus i've been getting my workouts in the morning while it's still a little chilly. then when it gets warm i tie bud up while i get working. plus i'm getting the pushmower ready so i can mow grass here soon. yes i use the pushmower to mow, besides i love using the pushmower, i burn alot of calories using it. i just put my headphones on and then i just start mowing. i can't wait to start even though it takes me about 2 hours. i also made a list of things i can do around the house. insisde and outside.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies! very hectic day today and just wanna fill u guys in on my weekend quickly before I go to bed.

I did make the 6am flight on Saturday and after that time just flew by....got to Dallas around 8:30am went to meet my friend, she was getting her nails done so I went and took a shower and tried to get ready for the wedding which was @ 1 and we were supposed to leave the house at 12. so i got her ready and that took a lot of time cuz we kept getting interrupted but I did and I think she looked great! I rushed to get ready and we all made it there on time. the ceremony was beautiful also short and sweet. the reception was small at their house and they catered OLIVE GARDEN! lots and lots of it! oh oh ....needless to say I ate lasagna, salad, bread sticks and mushrooms. I had everything I wanted but tried to just take a little sample of each. I actually drank mostly water that day so alcohol was not even in the picture. the reception was mostly family and everyone was gathered talking and joking around then the dancing started and that was great cuz they played a lot of music from back home like reggae. soca, dancehall, etc. I felt like I was in Belize in carnival season again! woo hooo!
    (for those of you interested, youtube that type of music, or "Belize Carnival" should give you an idea lol )
    on sunday we warmed up left overs so I h ad OG again but shared a plate with my bf so I wudnt go over board. we also hung out and played wii (tennis) so hopefully I burned some cals there. the day went by very quickly and soon it was time to leave. So I was really only there for saturday and part of sunday but it was a nice vacation. Wish I had today off as it was a very stressful day. hope everyone had a great Easter weekend too!

Good night ladies.