Why are girls constantly creeped on at the gym?

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    lol who just lets random dudes hug them anyway? If I was him I would think you're playing hard to get now

Who said he was random?! I have a sales rep at my club who gives me hugs and flirts with me (even though he has a girlfriend). So what?! If I have a problem with it, I have to put my big girl pants on and SAY SO. OP and some of the people responding are seriously overreacting here.

She says he's just the gym manager and she explained it as if he was random because he just suddenly started to say hi to me.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The real question is....

Who wants a hug? (friendly and welcome hugs only please)

I asked for one earlier!

*big squishy prego lady hug for you*
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    I'm a perv.. I perv on posture and form.

However I am usually far too concerened with my exhale than fixating my eyes on women's assets at the gym.

The thing with gym instructors for the 10% that are freaked out there are the remaining girls who find it stimulating.. Like the guy in uniform thing.. It's an unwritten rule that sti's outbreaks are localised around a gym ;)
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    I think I will join a gym just to get hit on... Since I'm pushing 40 and all :huh:
    Hey, I'll creep on you, but then that would make you old and creepy since I'm only 33. lol
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Kick him in the balls slap him in the face then call the cops for attempted rape lmao

Hahaha, violent overreaction and false criminal charges are hilarious to all my frat buddies too!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I think the question is why are you scared to actually do something? You are going there by choice. I'd quit. I'd say get away from me I'm not comfortable hugging you I'm just coming here to work out. He's taking advantage of you because he thinks it okay. Unfortunatly men don't know something is wrong if you don't tell them.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I think you should reconsider complaining that the guys in the gym are looking at you. As you get older, you'll appreciate it! I love it when the guys watch me lift.. sometimes they're watching because I'm showing them up!

Looking is fine. Being a hands on creep is not fine. The OP let things go on too long...but this creep is over the line. She needs to loudly shut him down, and if he persists report him.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, violent overreaction and false criminal charges are hilarious to all my frat buddies too!

You. I like you.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    lol who just lets random dudes hug them anyway? If I was him I would think you're playing hard to get now

Who said he was random?! I have a sales rep at my club who gives me hugs and flirts with me (even though he has a girlfriend). So what?! If I have a problem with it, I have to put my big girl pants on and SAY SO. OP and some of the people responding are seriously overreacting here.

She says he's just the gym manager and she explained it as if he was random because he just suddenly started to say hi to me.

Don't you just HATE it when people at a business say "hi" to you. It really grinds my gears
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wait..I'm being a jerk because you don't know how to hit a quote button?? Seriously?? Ok..I'm beginning to see what the problem is.

Yes, actually, you are. Not everyone is 100% forum literate. Some of us learn as we go and make quoting mistakes. The way you handled the quoting mistake wasn't polite or genial, it was just jerky. Because you're a jerk. :)

I really don't see how he was being a jerk. He ASKED for clarification. Just because he didn't fill the page with smiley faces didn't mean he was being snarky or mean.

And no, I'm not defending him or any other guy here because I'm desperate. Just wanted to put it out there because I don't like to be "generalized".

That's the thing about the internet, you gotta be careful how you word things. Honestly when I first read his comment all I saw was a jerk poking fun at some kid who can't use quotes properly.
    And when I read your reply to him, all I saw was a direct violation of the forums.

Insulting other users is a no no.

Pfft...what do you know about the forum guidelines?

Wait a second...YOU'RE LEAKRAMIREZ!!! OMG!! I read about you in the forums today. I think it's awesome how supporting and motivating and giving and awesome you are.

I sent you a FR. In fact, I've sent you a FR FIVE TIMES NOW. Maybe the MFP site is having a problem and you're not getting them. I'll send you another one just as soon as I post this. Please accept it.

Oh, sorry OP...didn't mean to hijack your thread here.
    See.

Bingo, I know everything.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm a perv.. I perv on posture and form.

However I am usually far too concerened with my exhale than fixating my eyes on women's assets at the gym.

The thing with gym instructors for the 10% that are freaked out there are the remaining girls who find it stimulating.. Like the guy in uniform thing.. It's an unwritten rule that sti's outbreaks are localised around a gym ;)

Too true :P
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Kick him in the balls slap him in the face then call the cops for attempted rape lmao

Its all fun and games till some goes to "*kitten*-pounding" prison for a hug!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I honestly do not understand!! First I have to tell a story- the manager of the gym first started saying hi and so I felt it was my obligation to say hi back. Well..then he started I believe "taking advantage" of the situation. I thought that he wasn't creeping on me because he had a wife and daughter...he said "I never get any attention at home" and so when he hugged me I was like okay..but I honestly just did it out of pity. Then he started to come around when I was working out and he always wanted hugs from me. I could not stand his disgusting globs of cologne he put on but I just dealt with it because he is the manager! He then started saying things to my sister and she told me he was creepy and she was getting a weird vibe from him. I then decided it would be best if I ignored him and this is where it gets weird. He tried to give me a high five and I thought he was trying to hug me so I ignored him. When I left I heard him talking to the other employees about me. By the way, NOBODY LIKES HIM! He then proceedes to go up to me when I am working out and ask me what is wrong. WE ARE NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP OLD MAN! I don't EVEN KNOW YOU! He seriously just creeped me out and now I don't know what to do. There are several guys also at the gym that creep on me everytime I go there. I dress modestly and yet when I turn around there you are staring at my butt. I DON'T LIKE YOU! Any other girls feel me? And what should I do about the gym manager? help?

2580p_0c_2b.jpg
  • EQV73
    EQV73 Posts: 41
    Options
    There is a fine line between a man noticing a woman and gawking at them. Most women, I feel, appreciate being appropriately noticed; very few enjoy being gawked at. Seems at most gyms, men are almost hyper-sensitive about that difference and won't give women the time of day in fear of being deemed the creeper. I for one don't want that designation and, even worse, being known as the old creeper (I'm 39 after all).

So, what did we all learn today from this thread?

1) Say no to hugging gym managers (and say heck no to over 30 year-old, married, with children, gym managers)
    2) Not all men are pervs
    3) Women that defend pervs aren't desperate
    4) Over 30 is deemed old
    5) The length of gym membership/attendance varies from MFP member to MFP member
    6) Always consult a physician before starting an exercise program

Okay, #6 wasn't discussed but it's worth noting.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think I will join a gym just to get hit on... Since I'm pushing 40 and all :huh:
    Hey, I'll creep on you, but then that would make you old and creepy since I'm only 33. lol
    No, 30 is old and creepy... 40 is HOT! Creep away my friend :wink:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Don't you just HATE it when people at a business say "hi" to you. It really grinds my gears

IKR Taunto!! The flippin NERVE!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    There is a fine line between a man noticing a woman and gawking at them. Most women, I feel, appreciate being appropriately noticed; very few enjoy being gawked at. Seems at most gyms, men are almost hyper-sensitive about that difference and won't give women the time of day in fear of being deemed the creeper. I for one don't want that designation and, even worse, being known as the old creeper (I'm 39 after all).

So, what did we all learn today from this thread?

1) Say no to hugging gym managers (and say heck no to over 30 year-old, married, with children, gym managers)
    2) Not all men are pervs
    3) Women that defend pervs aren't desperate
    4) Over 30 is deemed old
    5) The length of gym membership/attendance varies from MFP member to MFP member
    6) Always consult a physician before starting an exercise program

Okay, #6 wasn't discussed but it's worth noting.

You forgot about learning how to properly quote as so not to confuse the followers of the thread. Geez...you didn't even read the thread did you.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

You. I like you.

And you are clearly a man of taste. Thank you. *bows*
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2gpemuDZA1qj972zo1_500.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I hug my trainer sometimes. Depending on the culture its not always unprofessional. It's not like the gym is a suit and tie kind of place.

There's a difference between you hugging your trainer and your trainer hugging you.
This discussion has been closed.