I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    One of my brothers eats raw onions the way I eat apples...now that is just wrong.

That's very wrong but people do it. :sick:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    anyone who eats their steak medium, medium well or god forbid well done. just order hamburger instead.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    People who cut the fat off meat before grilling or smoking. Blasphemy..

It's necessary to get the fat on cuts, like a brisket, down to 1/8 inch to allow any seasoning to flavor the meat and make a nice bark. Otherwise you will just get a chunk of fat on the top covered with seasoning. If that's what you are in to then go for it.
  • GoldspursX3
    Options
    anyone who eats their steak medium, medium well or god forbid well done. just order hamburger instead.

Thank you! My wife does this and it drives me nuts. I always get mine medium rare and when she takes a bite of mine she says its so juicy and good but she can't get past the blood still coming out.
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options

My Dad is a chef.

I remember when my brother brought his fiance over his house and he was making filet mignon and she asked for it well done he said "Sure" then didn't miss a beat and reached into the fridge to make her a hamburger.

Medium rare for me please!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

It's necessary to get the fat on cuts, like a brisket, down to 1/8 inch to allow any seasoning to flavor the meat and make a nice bark. Otherwise you will just get a chunk of fat on the top covered with seasoning. If that's what you are in to then go for it.

Last time I smoked a brisket, I had about 1/4" thick layer of fat cap on it, and the seasoning was on both sides. I had a lovely bark and a perfect smoke ring on it.

I trimmed it after it was done. I agree though that brisket sometimes needs a trim to season correctly. I was mostly referring to people who try to cut all the fat off of things like steak or pork before smoking or grilling.

I hate dry meat especially meat that gets grilled or smoked and comes out dry and chewy.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    sweet pickle relish in potato salad!! gag!!! :angry:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't want anything to be sweet that is not a dessert.

In other words, don't put sugar in my:

1. chili
    2. cornbread
    3. grits
    4. spaghetti
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.

*nom nom nom nom nom nom*
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I don't want anything to be sweet that is not a dessert.

In other words, don't put sugar in my:

1. chili
    2. cornbread
    3. grits
    4. spaghetti

Sugar in cornbread is just wrong.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    A poutine without the cheese curds

What is poutine?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I always knew putting corn in salsa was a crime against nature!

Pickles are wrong no matter when or where, unless you're on a ship at sea trying to fight off scurvy.
  • GoldspursX3
    Options

Last time I smoked a brisket, I had about 1/4" thick later of fat cap on it, and the seasoning was on both sides. I had a lovely bark and a perfect smoke ring on it.

I trimmed it after it was done.

I hate dry meat especially meat that gets grilled or smoked and comes out dry and chewy.

Some cuts will have more subcataneous fat than needed. 1/4-1/8 of an inch of this should be sufficient. Anything else is to much IMHO.

I'm with you on dry meat. Being a Texan I love my brisket and smoked beef sausage. In fact I plan on opening a BBQ joint when I retire from the Army in 8 years.
  • sseratt
    sseratt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Gravy...it is either white or brown. No need to add chocolate!
  • GoldspursX3
    Options

Pickles are wrong no matter when or where, unless you're on a ship at sea trying to fight off scurvy.

Obviously you have never had fried pickles!
  • VelociMama
    Options

Last time I smoked a brisket, I had about 1/4" thick later of fat cap on it, and the seasoning was on both sides. I had a lovely bark and a perfect smoke ring on it.

I trimmed it after it was done.

Some cuts will have more subcataneous fat than needed. 1/4-1/8 of an inch of this should be sufficient. Anything else is to much IMHO.

I'm with you on dry meat. Being a Texan I love my brisket and smoked beef sausage. In fact I plan on opening a BBQ joint when I retire from the Army in 8 years.

Nice! I just started smoking my own meats within the last year, and it's been really fun. My husband really enjoys it too LOL

Agree with some cuts needing a trim, but lordy please don't take all the fat off!
  • lenjaw
    lenjaw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The crepe place at the mall that has lettuce as a filling.

LETTUCE WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU ARE COOL BUT YOU DON'T BELONG IN THERE.

THIS :laugh: hilarious!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

My Dad is a chef.

I remember when my brother brought his fiance over his house and he was making filet mignon and she asked for it well done he said "Sure" then didn't miss a beat and reached into the fridge to make her a hamburger.

Medium rare for me please!

If I'm cooking my own steak, or someone in my immediate family is cooking, I get mine Medium Rare. If we go out to eat, I order it medium. With the exception of one steakhouse in town, every other place I end up with a medium rare steak if I order medium.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Vegan or vegetarian chilli/chicken nuggets/etc. These things are meant to have meat.
  • GoldspursX3
    Options
    I'm not a picky eater at all but the way my wife eats cheeseburgers is disgusting. It has to be meat, cheese and bread only. No condiments. Then she dips it in honey. :sick: