Replies

• Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Adding ranch dressing and or salad INTO your spaghetti
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when people order a filet mignon well done. Might as well go to the sporting goods store and just put salt on a hockey puck. Same thing kinda with prime rib. I know that everyone is entitled to their heating preferences, but to me it is just a waste and detracts a lot from those cuts of meat.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I like dipping my fries in my chocolate milkshake...
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when you go a birthday party or have an office party and their serving juice with cookies and/or cake. The sweetness from the cake and cookies destroys any sweet taste you would get from juice. Its just an unnecessary sugar overload!!!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    grits with sugar and milk. they are not oatmeal or cream of wheat. they are grits and they are not meant to be sweet like that. save your sugar for your oatmeal people!

i'm confused! how do you eat your grits?

Butter, Bacon and cheese!
  • ccdog812
    ccdog812 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese in lasagna....it seems to be an ohio thing I think... but still grosses me out. Use RICOTTA!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When I lived in India, there were these jams/preserves that came in these tubes that looked like the kind of tubes for hand lotions or creams. Just the fact that they were in those tubes freaked me out and I wouldn't touch them. It looked so wrong. Not to mention the fact that I'm not into jams or preserves as it is ...
  • gkwatra
    Options
    I've never understood chicken and waffles. I don't think of chicken as a breakfast food, I guess.

But then, hey, I can't talk. I'm a southerner who puts SUGAR on my grits. *braces for holy water*

I live in the South (but not a born Southerner) - I will never understand the concept of chicken and waffles. What a nasty combo. Never had sweet tea but I'm afraid to try it ...
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    grits with sugar and milk. they are not oatmeal or cream of wheat. they are grits and they are not meant to be sweet like that. save your sugar for your oatmeal people!

i'm confused! how do you eat your grits?

I'm in South Carolina and we would NEVER put sugar and milk on grits. YUCK! We also don't eat instant grits. We cook our grits in salted water and add butter to them when they are hot and creamy. Delicious!!!!
  • gkwatra
    Options
    why would you ever put cinnamon in chili?

Why wouldn't you?

Actually, cinnamon is fairly common in authentic mexican foods.

I put it in the chili I made tonight. I ground up the cinnamon stick with the cumin seed.

My mom made chili with cocoa powder in it ... it won an award at a cookoff.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I live in the South (but not a born Southerner) - I will never understand the concept of chicken and waffles. What a nasty combo. Never had sweet tea but I'm afraid to try it ...

dont get me started on sweet tea. that stuff is vile. i get why kids like it...but adults?
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    A poutine without the cheese curds

Just so wrong
    Is it even still called a poutine without the cheese?
    Annnd...now i am hungry.

They put grated cheddar on it.........shredder

THAT'S NOT POUTINE!!!

I'm bothered by all the new "poutineries" that have opened. They basically put anything and everything on french fries and call it poutine. And by doing so, they're now gourmet or something...it's just not right!

Oh! Yeah, I'm from QC, and that irks the heck out of me. Sure, adding bacon or onions or pork on top is a thing. But don't take out the cheese curds. Shredded cheese is NOT the same thing! I had one with some of that 2- color cheese on top and ew, worse thing ever (the gravy was pretty bad, too)
  • gkwatra
    Options
    People who actually put ketchup on pasta.

... Just no.

Like on the show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". Ugh, that makes me gag.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    I'm from Chicago. It is illegal to put ketchup on hot dogs!!! Violators will be persecuted!!!
  • gkwatra
    Options

dont get me started on sweet tea. that stuff is vile. i get why kids like it...but adults?

Guess I'm not missing much then ... :laugh:
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My neighbors put ketchup on their COTTAGE CHEESE. So sick.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese in lasagna
    pineapple on pizza
    fried egg on a hamburger

I like ketchup on hotdogs. Most people consider that blasphemy.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Guess I'm not missing much then ... :laugh:

WHAT?!:noway:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    When eating pancakes and eggs, I can't stand when my eggs get syrup on them, I usually have them on another plate so they don't get contaminated.
    Miracle whipp, I just can't handle sweet mayo.
    Sugar in iced tea, it is just so wrong on so many levels.
    I don't eat the skins on chicken and I cut all of the fat off of my meat (after it is cooked)

And the one that I am sure will make people crazy......I don't like pork, be it ham, bacon, sausage, or chops, I can't stand the taste.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    bumping for ideas when my palate and taste buds feel adventurous ;-)