Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    What the hell.....
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    From a man's perspective who totally loves his wife of 33+ years...the body we live in will eventually fade. No doubt at 58, she is incredible looking. However, it is her soul, her mind, her humor, her smile, and her heart that "turn me on". But far more than TnA, which she is blessed with, it is the deepest of love that goes far beyond just mere skin.

There is a person inside each of those pics...I'd rather get to know that person than goo over external appearances. But, I am 54 years old and yes, my wife was once a model...I fell in love with her, not her body...that was just icing on the cake.

I'd offer this...get heathy, stay healthy body, soul, and spirit. You will have a far better life.

From the "Old Guy" dept..
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    OP, I see where you're going with this and I agree. The subject of weight and curves always gets touchy here. The people at either extreme -- very overweight or relatively underweight -- feel they're being targeted as not being "normal" when that's not even the point of the discussion. And to the overweight people getting defensive, if you were happy with your body shape, you wouldn't be here, right? Don't make everything into a personal attack. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. :)

I agree too. Women have such a weird image of what they want to be. We look up to models and celebrities because that's what we (not all, but most) think men want. The truth is, men want different things. Not every man wants a skinny little *kitten*. Some men like their women with some hips. Some men like their women skinny. Some men like their women skinny and fit. Some just don't give two ****s as long as they have a great personality or a vagina. Not saying it's all about men, but it is a component.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1) who on earth do you think you are telling us what is normal?

2) so flat chested women aren't women?

3) your statement....
    exercise and diet does reshape your muscles to grow, shrink, shorten or lengthen.

..is total cr@p

4) stop body shaming
    Not have the shape of an ape or a 9 year old girl. Or be so completely flat butted you are anorexic.

5) this statement..
    as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you

...again, total cr@p - go study more

6) what on earth is wrong with the fit lean women - how exactly do you come to the conclusion that she is anorexic?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This is a losing fight especially with women. as evidenced by so many people offended.

I am offended. What does that say about me?
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    StarTrekFacePalm.gif
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The two models that look like walking skeletons are ALSO photoshopped.....

Just sayin'

I know what you're trying to do, but you need to realize that women's bodies come in MANY shapes and sizes. Some women are naturally petite, while others are naturally husky.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options

threetankinichicks2.jpg

I'll take #2, That is so HOT !

I'd honestly take #3 over #1 as far as body types go. #2 and #3 are beautiful.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm not offended...I must admit I'm still confused.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

threetankinichicks2.jpg

According to my husband he would take the one on the far right and would ideally like me to look like that (and interestingly enough I probably will look like that).
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is ****ed up.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    This is a losing fight especially with women. as evidenced by so many people offended.

I am offended. What does that say about me?

that you are offended.

nothing more.

nothing less.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    StarTrekFacePalm.gif

As a fan of DS9, this is my reaction exactly!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Thread fail.
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    I'm surprised that a personal trainer would think that she can stop people from "choosing" anorexia by showing people pictures of anorexic people.

Seriously.

1. Anorexia and all other eating disorders are mental illnesses, not lifestyle choices (despite what the self-proclaimed "pro-anas" and "pro-mias" may say. Most mentally disordered people don't think they are)

2. Those anorexic pictures would be considered triggering, so if you were thinking that you would stop someone from being anorexic by showing them and saying they are not normal, you would likely have the opposite effect.

3. All people are normal! Anorexia sufferers are normal people with a mental issue that needs treatment, but they are still normal. Someone who is overweight is a normal person with a weight issue. Furthermore, you cannot tell anything about a persons lifestyle or eating habits by looking at a picture. Many bulimia sufferers go unnoticed because they're weight is often in the normal range (and for clarification here, most people assume that someone who throws up everything they eat is bulimic, but that they are actually anorexic-purging type. Someone who is bulimic eats normally most of the time, but then for whatever reason will have a binge (think like 20,000 calories in one sitting) and then throw it up, and then eat normally again for a white. This is why someone can look completely healthy from a body weight perspective and still be suffering from bulimia).

Well, I'm getting off track but the point is we are all people and everyone has their own issues and flaws, some just show on the outside while others don't. BUT WE ARE NOT OUR BODIES and our bodies sure as hell don't define us, they are just one part of the whole picture. Who gets to decide the definition of normal anyway? We are all unique and there is no cookie cutter mold for what a woman should look like. Yes, extreme undereating or overeating can be hazardous to our health, and for the sake of our bodies we need to deal with those issues, but I for one say that I will be no more normal at my goal weight than I am now, or than I was at 212lbs.... I will just be me, healthier, still as normal as ever.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I thought being a normal woman was about having a vagina and mammary glands (doesn't matter if your ladies are large or small) ... well I was wrong obviously since it's all about weight. I myself seem to fit into your "normal" category, but this has just demotivated a lot of women here and a little insensitive.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options

threetankinichicks2.jpg

I'll take #2, That is so HOT !

I'd honestly take #3 over #1 as far as body types go. #2 and #3 are beautiful.

I'd have to agree with you !
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lol.... good job pissing a load of people off. Question-how are u classifying the anorexic though? She looks way fit to me.....
  • Songmartine
    Songmartine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So stop trying to starve yourself for thin thighs, because you will lose your T and A before those go anyway
    and yes, as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you
    Coach Teresa
    This is a direct quote from her profile: "As of Sept. 22, 2012, in fat burning mode to cut more fat off of my thighs". Ironic much?
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If I tried to write one description of the perfect woman, I would inevitably end up excluding some of the sexiest women I know.
This discussion has been closed.