I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When eating pancakes and eggs, I can't stand when my eggs get syrup on them, I usually have them on another plate so they don't get contaminated.
    Miracle whipp, I just can't handle sweet mayo.
    Sugar in iced tea, it is just so wrong on so many levels.
    I don't eat the skins on chicken and I cut all of the fat off of my meat (after it is cooked)

And the one that I am sure will make people crazy......I don't like pork, be it ham, bacon, sausage, or chops, I can't stand the taste.

I don't like pork either!!! I can handle one or two pieces of bacon but that's it.

No one gets this. They always try to feed me ham.

GO AWAY! I DON'T LIKE HAM!! Why are you not grasping this?!?!

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!! :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Putting fruit in cottage cheese, of course. Or cream cheese. Blech. It just ain't right!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Indian restaurants that serve Beef Vindaloo. I really start to question their authenticity!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Putting fruit in cottage cheese, of course. Or cream cheese. Blech. It just ain't right!

That's one of the only ways I can eat cottage cheese.

My dad puts butter on his doughnuts.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Poutine = french fries, gravy and melty cheese curds. It's a french canadian dish i think, but you can find it all across Canada.

People don't eat cheese curds in the Southern US. It's hard to even find them, and when you do they're usually aged. I'm from Dallas, but my mom is from up north so I know what we're missing out on down here with this one. :smile:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my mum has spaghetti bolognaise... with rice instead of spaghetti! its even in the name no apparently its better with rice!

apparently im weird for
    ketchup on corn beef sandwiches
    ketchup and mayo on burgers
    and for making my weetabix with boiling water and just the teeniest spash of milk, i cant even imagine how cold weetabix must taste bleh

*raises hand* another non pork liker... i like sausages thats the only thing, oh and black pudding... does black pudding count as pork or just weirdness? ....
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    A lot of the things Americans seem to do to "cheese":

cheese in a spray can
    cheese in a jar
    cheese melts
    fat free cheese
    cheese strings

As someone who is Dutch, I have to say that it is all horribly wrong.
    I've tried some of them and they all tasted like plastic to me.
    I worry Americans don't even know what real cheese tastes like.

If anyone is traveling to the EU soon, you should try some real cheese from a local farmers market.
    Your taste buds will thank you ;).
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

wth...who does this?

My bf and his mom do that. It's revolting.

Butter should never, ever go near rice. I do like milk, a hint of sugar, and cinnamon though. It's what Mom always made.
  • smantha32
    Options

I was married to a Texan. He liked beans in his chili. Current husband? No beans (He's Cuban.) I don' like beans generally, but sometimes I miss them in chili.

I'm a Texan and I don't think it should have beans in it.
  • smantha32
    Options
    somebody else has probably already said it....but mixing any ethnics -- taco pizza - that's wrong on so many levels!

Fish tacos. Vomit.
  • smantha32
    Options

cheese in a spray can
    cheese in a jar
    cheese melts
    fat free cheese
    cheese strings

If anyone is traveling to the EU soon, you should try some real cheese from a local farmers market.

Uh no. Even Americans know that cheese in a can or a jar isn't cheese.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    pasta in chili is called chili mac or chili spaghetti. :)

Personally i love a good chunky chili with beef, tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic. YUM
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well I put mayo and sometimes a pickle on my sloppy Joe.....yum
    Pasta in chili is chili mac and add the corn too. (I eat the chili first night then add the mac & corn the second night) What's the problem?
    Ham on my grilled cheese....yep guilty

My ex used to put ketchup on his spaghetti now that is revolting.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Indian restaurants that serve Beef Vindaloo. I really start to question their authenticity!

MIght be Northern Indian or Nepalese - they eat cows up north. I was curious about it at a local Indian place, so I asked them why. They're from near the border with Nepal and are not Hindi.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

cheese in a spray can
    cheese in a jar
    cheese melts
    fat free cheese
    cheese strings

America, we make things you didn't even know you need. A diet tip I read was never eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. I hate spray cheese. never tried the jar. sting is just mozzarella in sticks. I do wonder what real cheese does taste like.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    a9JPpOp_Cr3QwQaby-Fddz-3-way-chili-skyline-chili-316x192.jpg

Cincinatti Chili (skyline) Do not knock it until you try it. OhhhMeeeGaawwdd. its tasty stuff
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    back to foods that don't go together but people insist on doing it- tuna and cheese. warm tinned tuna with cheese. like a tuna pizza- wtf is that *kitten*? or a tuna and cheest toasted sandwich-:sick:
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was raised on rice with milk and sugar and to this day love it.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.
    I was raised on rice with milk and sugar and to this day love it. I was originally from the south but don't know if that has anything to do with it since I have been here since I was 5 years old. We (being 6 of us) were very poor people being raised by a single Mom rice was cheap and went a long way certainly couldn't afford boxed cereal. I do like rice other ways too. So I guess it's all in how your raised. Like my best friend who has mashed banana with milk every morning, that's how she was raised.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Chili is just the chiles!!! ANYTHING you add to it makes it another dish...chile con carne, chile con papas, chile con queso...