What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started reading Time's magazine 100 top novels.. the first book is the adventures of augie march.. i will let everyone know how it's gonna go.. I am also reading "the reader" which is great!! can't put it down!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

And to the lady reading Charlene Harris, I just love those books. The 9th one should be coming in the mail in the next week. I forced myself to hold out until it came out on paperback. The 10th one comes out in hardback in May. I don't think I'll be able to wait for paperback this time!

I am reading those too but I am waiting for the 4th one to come in at the library. I am sooo team Eric. :)

meeee toooo. I have books 1-8. I would offer to ship them to you if you paid for postage, but currently a girl at work is hoarding them. Another girl I let borrow them was done with each one in 1-3 days, more at my speed. This girl is barely into the first and its been a month. Not that I mind cause I've read them already, but I'm a firm believer in book swapping. :)

www.paperbackswap.com

I'm a member but haven't had time to read in a while, so I am not nearly as active as I once was.
    Free to join. I'd tell you to list me as a referral (you do get book credits for every so many people you bring in) but I don't even remember my username, frankly. Maybe Lauryn1981.

Anyhow, you choose books you like and people ship them to you (utilizing media mail.... waaaaay cheaper when sending books). In return, other people choose from your list and you ship to them. There is no money exchanged, just the promises of shipping books.

Very cool site. I don't think I ever had a single problem from the place. Just thought I'd pass word along!
  • oliveoil7979
    Options
    Currently I am reading the Complete Book of Women's Running put out by Runner's world. It has so much great info for people just starting out in running.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options

www.paperbackswap.com

I'm a member but haven't had time to read in a while, so I am not nearly as active as I once was.
    Free to join. I'd tell you to list me as a referral (you do get book credits for every so many people you bring in) but I don't even remember my username, frankly. Maybe Lauryn1981.

Anyhow, you choose books you like and people ship them to you (utilizing media mail.... waaaaay cheaper when sending books). In return, other people choose from your list and you ship to them. There is no money exchanged, just the promises of shipping books.

Very cool site. I don't think I ever had a single problem from the place. Just thought I'd pass word along!

Awesome. I just signed up. Will look through my book shelf soon and add what's available.

Oh and I did use you as a refferal. Thanks!
  • aliceofwonderland
    Options
    I am reading sooooo many books right now!
    Rereading Twilight :blushing:
    Rereading Harry Potter 6 (my favorite of the series :smile: )
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - its soooooo good- I definitely reccomend it!
    The City of Bones- A little slow, but its getting better :yawn:
    After by Francine Prose- really exciting, and a little creepy
    Rereading Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass for the millionth time :smile:
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Bleeding Violet By Dia Reeves

Excellent read.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm in the middle of re-reading my FAVORITE book for like the 15th time. Haha!

It's called Swan Song by Robert McCammon.

My husband loves that book!
  • Kyliemish
    Kyliemish Posts: 29
    Options
    The Seventh Scroll - Wilbur Smith
    dolls_animation_49.gif
    I am absolutely enchanted by his writing, I've read so many of his books (mostly with the Courtneys of Africa) but his tales of ancient egypt just take my breath away. Right from the start, each of his novels are SO compelling. I love books in general, it pays off having a very vivid imagination.
    My BF can be sitting right next to me, and if I'm too absorbed, I'll tone him out without even knowing it! Poor guy =P

next is The Trial by Kafka (recommended by a friend)
    And if I can't get into that, I picked up another Wilbur Smith book, Monsoon.
    I haven't read anything by Clive Barker in a long time either...a think a re-read of Weaveworld or The Great and Secret Show are in order ;)

And does anyone else just love the smell of a used bookstore?
    I don't know what it is, it's just so relaxing for me, just to waste some time and hunt for a book to jump out at me.
    I love it <3
  • gryphon
    gryphon Posts: 172
    Options
    The Liveship Traders Trilogy - Robin Hobb
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    My Horizontal Life -- Chelsea Handler
  • elf1590
    elf1590 Posts: 28
    Options
    My Horizontal Life -- Chelsea Handler

how is that one so far? i plan to read that one eventually :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just got my notice that book 4 of the Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse books is in at the library. I will be picking it up tonight!
  • elf1590
    elf1590 Posts: 28
    Options
    i finished burned by Ellen Hopkins, such a powerful story!

Now I'm reading Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  • SteelersfanChris
    Options
    I just started reading the Sword of Truth series. I'm in the first book, Wizard's First Rule, and I'm loving it! I wish I could be reading it right now but I'm still at work. ;)

INCREDIBLE series. With the exceptions of the 7th and 8th book, each one just gets better and better than the last. Those two in the middle definitely drag, though
  • SteelersfanChris
    Options
    I did just finished all 5 books of the Percy Jackson series. They were pretty good, the books at the end are way better than the first few.

Totally agreed. I just finished that series too. The first one was sorta hard to get into but I was loving it by the last book. Sort of a poor man's Harry Potter, but with Greek mythology instead of magic. They're fun reads.

Right now I'm reading "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" by Seth Grahame-Smith. I expected it to be silly. It's oustanding.

I've been reading a lot of fiction lately, so I'll probably read "When the Game Was Ours" by Larry Bird and Magic Johnson next.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm reading Harry Potter ant the Deathly Hallows...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just finished book 5 of the Sookie Stackhouse books. Not too impressed with that one but still love the series. How many guys does she need trying to get her affections though Bill, Eric, Alcide, Clevin, and now Quinn?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Now I'm reading The Rising by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
    It's a precursor to The Left Behind series.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The Aquariums of PyongYang

Shanghai Girls

Always open to new ideas! Love book recommendations ... Best book I read lately was THE RED TENT

WOW