Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I always press down my sandwiches and pastries, I later learned this a common tick in people with eating disorders.

I also always eat the crusts in toasts and sandwiches and other little things like take hamburgers apart and eat the burger and bread seperately..I have no idea why I do this.

I'm pretty sure everybody presses down their sandwiches. Otherwise you have things falling out all over the place. Sandwich pressing is just normal. My parents taught me when I was a kid. It was a rule, like using a fork or not slurping your milk.
  • Jerry1001
    Jerry1001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat to much.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If I have a plate of food, I'll eat the stuff I like least first. Don't know why--it's not as if i was a member of the Clean Plate Club as a kid. I guess I just want it gone so I can concentrate on the stuff I really like.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    I also dip my toast into my coffee

In Italy this is a very common thing. :)
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I crave salad...
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I eat Twix by eating the chocolate edges first, then the caramel off the top, and then the cookie bottom. I also eat Lucky Charms by eating all the oat pieces first then the marshmallows in order by shape with the most to the shape with the least.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I hate all condiments!

Can not compute. Condiments are the only reason fries exist. The fries are the spoons for the condiments.

I can't eat any meat off the bone. Not really a habit more so a phobia.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Well my friends tease me because apparently I take the tiniest bites ever haha. I like to eat the surroundings first before the middle.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I never finish the last few tablespoons of water in the bottom of my water bottle. To me it's just gross.

Bread has to be eaten only if it's super fresh and soft, otherwise I toast it.

I tend to eat whatever is on my plate in equal portions, so there's always little bit of something in each bite until I finish.

I eat my fruit-bottom yoghurt from the top down - I never mix it.

ETA: (my husband reminded me of this) I can't eat any pasta without there being parmasean cheese.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I eat kiwi fruit with the skin on, and am very specific about the order I eat my breakfast in, but am not bothered at other meals. I also dip my toast into my coffee and pull all the chocolate off of stick ice creams before I eat the centre.

What about you?
    I also do that to ice cream and when i'm done i chew/bite on the stick for a while.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...

Me too!! Even if I'm still hungry I just cant seem to eat that last little piece Lol
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everybody presses down their sandwiches. Otherwise you have things falling out all over the place. Sandwich pressing is just normal. My parents taught me when I was a kid. It was a rule, like using a fork or not slurping your milk.

I've never seen anyway else press down their sandwich except me. All my friends at school thought it was very strange. I did stop doing it a while back since people always use to point it out. Yeah sure people hold their sandwiches together when eating the sandwich but flatten down the whole thing, erm I don't think that's common.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat food in even numbers (i.e. 8 pretzels, 16 almonds, etc.) I know it's a "bit" OCD. My only exception being when it's a one piece type thing like steak. I think it all started with ice cubes actually. If a serving size is an oddnumbr I'll either go up or down one just to make it even.

I have a friend who won't eat the ends of hotdogs...I think that's weird
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If I have a plate of food, I'll eat the stuff I like least first. Don't know why--it's not as if i was a member of the Clean Plate Club as a kid. I guess I just want it gone so I can concentrate on the stuff I really like.

me too! I like to savor the good stuff.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make eye contact when i eat bananas.
  • saraann4
    Options
    I never finish the last few tablespoons of water in the bottom of my water bottle. To me it's just gross.

Bread has to be eaten only if it's super fresh and soft, otherwise I toast it.

I tend to eat whatever is on my plate in equal portions, so there's always little bit of something in each bite until I finish.

I eat my fruit-bottom yoghurt from the top down - I never mix it.

ETA: (my husband reminded me of this) I can't eat any pasta without there being parmasean cheese.

I do that with water as well. It's like why drink it...it's backwash. Grossss
  • saraann4
    Options
    My brothers have always thought I was weird for doing this...

If I have meat, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I will combine the potatoes and veggies together. Then, I put a piece of the meat on my fork and dip it into my potato/veggies mixture.

OR, I'll just combine that whole sha-bang and eat it.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Also, if I'm eating something that's multi-colored (like M&Ms) I sort them first and eat them based on how many I have of each color (least always goes first and if I have the same amount in two colors they get saved til the end and eaten together in twos).
  • saraann4
    Options
    I eat Twix by eating the chocolate edges first, then the caramel off the top, and then the cookie bottom. I also eat Lucky Charms by eating all the oat pieces first then the marshmallows in order by shape with the most to the shape with the least.

My friend does something similar. She loves Paydays. So she picks off all of the nuts (no, she doesn't eat them) then eats the inside.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I hate all condiments!

Can not compute. Condiments are the only reason fries exist. The fries are the spoons for the condiments.

I can't eat any meat off the bone. Not really a habit more so a phobia.

What makes it worse is that I live in Pittsburgh, PA (US) where Heinz Ketchup is headquartered!