Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• Kendall_Lauren
    Kendall_Lauren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a strange eating habit but when I shop for food and I'm buying produce I always buy things in odd numbers unless it's a pair. (5 apples, 7 bananas etc.) My twin sister does the same thing, but even numbers unless it's only 1.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to regularly eat 3 Musketeers candy bars, I'd break it in half, then pull the chocolate gently off the nougat, eat the chocolate by itself and then eat the nougat last. After I did that with one half I'd do the same thing with the other half. It really was sort of a ritual and I think I did that to make it take longer to eat.

OK.... now I want a 3 Musketeers! :ohwell: :noway:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I eat lemons whole, everything but the seeds (:

Do you have any tooth enamel left? yikes!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    My brothers have always thought I was weird for doing this...

If I have meat, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I will combine the potatoes and veggies together. Then, I put a piece of the meat on my fork and dip it into my potato/veggies mixture.

OR, I'll just combine that whole sha-bang and eat it.

canned peas and mashed potatoes mixed together
    DELISH!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everybody presses down their sandwiches. Otherwise you have things falling out all over the place. Sandwich pressing is just normal. My parents taught me when I was a kid. It was a rule, like using a fork or not slurping your milk.

I've never seen anyway else press down their sandwich except me. All my friends at school thought it was very strange. I did stop doing it a while back since people always use to point it out. Yeah sure people hold their sandwiches together when eating the sandwich but flatten down the whole thing, erm I don't think that's common.

Maybe it's a regional thing. In both states where I've lived, I've never seen someone not flatten a sandwich. You put one hand fully across the top of the sandwich. Then you put the other hand on top of the first hand. Then you press down as hard as you can. Burgers too. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone eat a sandwich without smashing it first. I know I've never done it.
  • alana_swiss
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...

I teach preschool. I have a kid in my class who won't finish a banana ever, also. He says that the part of the banana that is still in the peel as you're holidng it is "The banana's butt" and he refuses to eat it.

ahahaha 'the banana's butt'
  • Marieevans813
    Marieevans813 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat one thing at a time in order of least favorite to favorite. I don't eat banana butts either :laugh:
  • alana_swiss
    Options
    I'm very OCD when it comes to eating so I have A LOT of strange eating habits/rituals.

Whenever I eat anything, I need to cut it up in small pieces and eat each piece in 30 second intervals. It's so weird... and if I eat the following piece in less than 30 seconds I have to wait 60 seconds to eat the next piece.

I also have to drink 2 glasses of water when I wake up, 2 glasses at 12PM, 2 glasses at 4PM and 2 glasses at 8PM.

Another weird habit I have is not changing my meals very often. If I like eating a certain meal... like a chicken salad at lunch, I'll eat a chicken salad for lunch EVERY DAY for about a month or until I get sick of it or find something that tastes better...
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Although I don't feel I have to do any of the things that were previously mentioned, I do, do quite a few of them. My eating habit is that I get up in the middle of the night (typically between 1-2 am or 3-4 hours into my sleep shift and wander into the kitchen for a snack. This happens 3-5 nights a week typically. I HATE it because usually I make a bad food choice, but anybody I have told so far seems to think its strange.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I tend to tear my food into teeny tiny pieces and then eat it.
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...

I teach preschool. I have a kid in my class who won't finish a banana ever, also. He says that the part of the banana that is still in the peel as you're holidng it is "The banana's butt" and he refuses to eat it.

:laugh: That's cute! Sad too, that I have something in common with a preschooler, lol.

I don't eat the end of a banana either. The little black thing at the end bothers me.

This. ^ And I also eat the edges of sandwiches before eating the middle!
  • shakira444
    Options
    I eat pizza from the crust in, no one ever bothered to tell me it was weird.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I dip my popcorn in mustard. People tend to think that's weird.
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I cant have any of the different food items on my plate touch, unless its a salad. steak, mashed potato, string beans- all have their own place on the plate :) I also eat my crusts first with sandwiches and on the rare occasion that i eat a reeses peanut butter cup i have to eat the edges first!
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating a lasagne I will separate the layers and eat each one before moving onto the next for example I'll eat all the meat sauce then the pasta layers then the top layer. Also if I'm having any 'wet' food such as a sauce or gravy I won't pour it on my dinner I need to have it in a bowl by itself, beans beside toast is what I eat rather than beans on toast!
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I dip my popcorn in mustard. People tend to think that's weird.

I dip mine in hot sauce :)
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1. I like my sandwiches squished
    2. I eat my steak with ketchup
    3. I don't like mixing foods
    4. I always eat what i like least first and save my favorites for last.
    5. I lick the seasoning off my potato chips before eating the chip (hangs head in shame)
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hmmm well i pick the bread or anything "carby" off what i eat.. I can only drink coffee black, and i only eat organic grapes lol
  • 47feeling60
    47feeling60 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh, this too. You know how waffles have the criss-cross lines? And grilled steak has the sear marks that criss-cross on it? When I was a kid, I thought those were the lines you were supposed to cut on. I still do that.

This made me smile! Thanks for sharing.:laugh:
  • mishomart
    mishomart Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. I like my sandwiches squished
    2. I eat my steak with ketchup
    3. I don't like mixing foods
    4. I always eat what i like least first and save my favorites for last.
    5. I lick the seasoning off my potato chips before eating the chip (hangs head in shame)

My food almost never touches, especially when I have something sweet and something salty on the plate- cannot touch!! My dad makes fun of me for it, my mom is the same way. I have to make many trips at buffets so that the different items don't cross paths lol