Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I dip my popcorn in mustard. People tend to think that's weird.

Hmmmm. That sounds sort of good!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...

I peel my banana's from the wrong end. Like monkeys do, ???
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Back when I used to regularly eat 3 Musketeers candy bars, I'd break it in half, then pull the chocolate gently off the nougat, eat the chocolate by itself and then eat the nougat last. After I did that with one half I'd do the same thing with the other half. It really was sort of a ritual and I think I did that to make it take longer to eat.

OK.... now I want a 3 Musketeers! :ohwell: :noway:

I do the same with Oh Henrys. Eat the chocolate/nut coating, then the inside stick thing. My sister-in-law starts coughing any time anyone says the word salt, always has.

When I eat a snickers, I eat the choclolate malt, then I eat the carmel and peanuts. lol
  • banks89202
    Options
    I can't drink the last of anything in my cup or water bottle ...and milk I will not share with anyone bc I think its gross...the thick texture of milk just makes me think I'm drinking backwash of someone else lol
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options

Also, if no one is around, I tend to just stick my fork into my steak, chicken or whatever and take bites out of it. Down with knives!!

You are clearly an awesome human being!
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options

No idea why...

That's actually the right way. I'm trying to get in that habit now. It works so much better.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to NEVER eat with a spoon, I'd always use a fork, even on soup, mashed potatoes, corn, everything people normally eat with spoons. I'm not as obnoxious about it now, but I still usually prefer a fork.

I will only eat mayonnaise on subs or roast beef sandwiches, or those mostly premade pastas where you combine the mayonnaise with a mix of like a dry packet of ranch seasonings or something.

I notice this when I eat with others, but I think it's a regular thing for me, I eat REALLY slowly, and am always the last to finish eating, and even though I'm the last to finish I'll usually only have eaten half of what everyone else has eaten.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    when I eat vegetable soup. I pick out all the lima beans and count them. Then at the end I eat each bean.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Maybe it's a regional thing. In both states where I've lived, I've never seen someone not flatten a sandwich. You put one hand fully across the top of the sandwich. Then you put the other hand on top of the first hand. Then you press down as hard as you can. Burgers too. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone eat a sandwich without smashing it first. I know I've never done it.

Must be! I live in Europe(England) and I don't recall people ever doing that.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I can not drink out of a can. I am always afraid something crawled into the can when I wasn't looking. Same with keeping water by my bed. It can't be an open container. If it is I have to turn on the light and check it before drinking just in case there is a spider in the glass.

Yes I need help.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This has been the funniest message board to read! LOL! I only have one habit that I can think of because I just plain like to eat about anything, anyway, anytime! But, when eating eggs over easy at restaurants, I do have to dip my toast in the yolk in order to eat them. Is that strange?
  • ThisKittyRawrs
    Options
    I dip my popcorn in mustard. People tend to think that's weird.

I dip mine in hot sauce :)

I dip mine in pickle juice
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I dip french fries into soft-served ice cream on rare occasions. :/
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat lemons whole, everything but the seeds (:

Do you have any tooth enamel left? yikes!

Yupp still going strong over here!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This has been the funniest message board to read! LOL! I only have one habit that I can think of because I just plain like to eat about anything, anyway, anytime! But, when eating eggs over easy at restaurants, I do have to dip my toast in the yolk in order to eat them. Is that strange?

No, that's delicious, I don't eat eggs anymore but that was always my favorite way to eat them as a kid.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

No idea why...

That's actually the right way. I'm trying to get in that habit now. It works so much better.

but thats the butt!
  • ThisKittyRawrs
    Options
    I think the only really weird thing I eat is baby food, especially banana thats my favorite. My friends & family support my habit, but if someone new hears about it I always get that weird look, and the question "why?"
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options

No idea why...

but thats the butt!

And....we've come full circle, folks! LOL
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I can not drink out of a can. I am always afraid something crawled into the can when I wasn't looking. Same with keeping water by my bed. It can't be an open container. If it is I have to turn on the light and check it before drinking just in case there is a spider in the glass.

Yes I need help.

One time I was drinking a Dr. Pepper in a bottle and felt something in my mouth. I assumed it was a piece of syrup or something and bit into it. It squirted! I spit it out and guess what it was? A roach egg. Not kidding.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat lemons whole, everything but the seeds (:

Yay! I'm not the only one who eats the peel! I actually do this with a lot of food lol