Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like to indulge in dip eggs (over easy!). I have to eat the egg white first, then take the crust off my toast, dip it into the gooey egg, but I won't eat the part of the yolk that's cooked and hardened.
    OHMYGOD! When I was little, it was always a treat to stay at my grandma's house for the week. She always made me and my brother our fave breakfast -- Dip Eggs! She'd make some weird bacon (I think it was called Sizzlean) and toast and 2 dip eggs each. And we'd eat the white part of the egg- and dip all the other stuff in the...DIP!
    I haven't heard it called that in years (like 30!) Ahhh the memories! Maybe I should start calling it that for my kids... but we call them 'over medium' and they don't really like to dip. Only can be a little bit runny. They don't know what they're missing!
    Thanks for the memory......
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    When I eat ice cream, I wait for the edges to melt and eat that part only. And I keep doing that until it's gone. I think that's about it. haha
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I stopped eating eggs (unless they're in something) when I was 9 years old because a friend of mine told me that the white squiggly thing you see in the egg is a disembodied chicken umbilical cord. Never have been able to mentally get past that one.....wish I could.

OH MY GOD EW.
  • FitHolly8
    FitHolly8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat I take a bite of each food on my plate to decide which tastes better/worse I always eat what I don't like first then savor what I do like. Also I eat really slow and can't have my food touching on my plate. Haha!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I will not share my milk, any thing else sure have a sip but not my milk, it grosses me out to see other people share milk, my brother won't share his either.

I have to keep my spoon in my coffee/tea until I finish it, drives my hubs crazy.

I drink pickle juice, my husband used to dump it out but after 13 years he finally gave up lol.

V8 juice must be drank from an individual size can with a straw and super cold. I will not buy a big bottle or pour it in a glass.

I won't drink anything out of a card board carton ( think milk at school) without a straw.

I like grape jam with cream cheese on my bagels, or strawberry jam with peanut butter, never interchangeable grape with cream cheese and strawberry with peanut butter always.

I eat my least favorite to favorite on the plate and with flavored candy or gummies also.

I never eat cheese on salad sandwiches I.e ham salad, egg salad, tuna fish, seafood salad never ever.

I like mustard on my grilled cheese.

I like a little dab of butter and a ton of pepper in my tomato soup.

I love vinegar on my French fries.

I drink vinegar straight not a lot but I like a couple sips.

I could go on but I'll stop here ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I dip fried chicken in ketchup. I prefer french fries dipped in ranch dressing. I will eat (and enjoy) foods that I don't especially like the taste of if they have a texture I really like.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    When I eat pizza, I do what my boyfriend calls "farming". I pick off all of the toppings and eat them one by one, then all of the cheese, then sometimes the soft dough and leave all of the crust behind. (including the bottom harder crust of the pizza)

I rarely just regularly eat the pizza unless I'm at a public event or something.
  • callmenam
    callmenam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat things in layers if I can (like lasagne) or the outside/crusts first (pies etc). I eat the fillings out of a sandwich and then the bread. Cannot eat an egg yolk if it is overcooked. Dips cannot go on top of foods (it is a dip not a sauce) and I often eat all the bits in something like chili or bolognese (eat all the bits or red pepper or the beans first, repeat for all ingredients that can be seen except for the meat). These are my main ones, plenty more though!
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh the fun! My other half says I'm nuts with how I eat. Here are some of my major quirks...

1. I must have an even amount of food on both sides of my mouth when chewing. This means even numbers of small things, like pretzels and such at all times. If I chew gum, I either have two pieces, or split one in half so its always even pressure.
    2. Anything that has layers is eaten one layer at a time. Like a Kit Kat bar, I eat the chocolate around the edges, then off the top, then the bottom, then I peel the layers apart. Carrots, I have to eat the outside before the inside... I can't just bite into them. I've learned a certain amount of pressure will cause the outside to split, and I can peel off to get to the core. The core usually has little spiney things that stick out. I scrape them off with my teeth before I eat it.
    3. Beef sticks or anything with a skin, I have to peel the skin off and eat it first.
    4. I don't like my foods combined. I have to finish all of one thing on my plate before moving on to another. Usually the order is veggies, then starch, then meat.
    5. When eating something that is all mixed, like salad or soup, I eat everything but the meat and save that for last.
    6. Almonds, I MUST peel the skin off them first. I usually take 2 in each cheek like a chipmunk and suck on them until the skins are soft enough for me to peel.
    7. I eat the tails of shrimp.
    8. I love to cook anything gummy. When I was younger I discovered that taking a lighter to a gummy bear gave it a nice crispy outside and gooey inside.
    9. Anything that is colored (M&M's and such), must be eaten one color at a time, all of one color before moving on to the next.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Like mentioned by others, I need to eat the edges of foods like pancakes before I eat from the center, but one more oddity when it comes to sandwiches, I have to finish the lower corners last and the right corner very last.
  • dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter with my Cheerios, have done it since I was a kid, and now my son does it. :)
  • lma0423
    lma0423 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    not really sure if any of this is strange, but here ya go..

I get really creeped out when people bite mozzerella sticks, I have to peel them

I only enjoy bananas when they are at a specific point of ripeness, its usually when it just starts to get spots. My friends say they cant tell the difference but I could probably tell you the color of a banana peel if my eyes were closed.

I'm EXTREMELY particular about chicken. I think it all started when I ate a Wendys spicy chicken sandwich when I was about 10 years old (11 years ago). I found a vein in it and it completely scarred me. Since then I can only eat chicken that I consider "real." I cant really describe what I look for but I think that about 50% of chicken that I encounter I consider to be "fake." I most often encounter this fake chicken in my colleges dining halls. But, for some reason chicken nuggets don't bother me, I love them. I like chicken wings and drumsticks but I'm only able to take one or two bites out of them before it grosses me out.

I can't eat large quantities of shrimp or eggs. I rarely have more than one egg, and I can only eat about 5 shrimp before the texture starts the creep me out, and I love both eggs and shrimp.

When I was younger I used to take the ice cream cones that aren't shaped like a cone, the ones that have two distinct compartments and wet it in the sink and then eat it. I'm pretty sure I'd still like it I just haven't done it in years.

I'm Bosnian, and there people don't put tomato sauce on pizza, they put ketchup. When you go to a restaurant they make the pizza with a thin layer of ketchup then they also provide a bowl of ketchup and a spoon for you to top it with more. its actually really good!

I think thats about it!

BUT I can think of some weird things my friends do! One friend dips cheese doodles in mayo, and another eats apples and pears whole, everything but the stem.
  • Khittle123
    Khittle123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...

i do the same thing!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    too many to list here, but the only one i dont let myself indulge in is getting OCD about foods and only want to eat 1 thing for every meal for weeks.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a regional thing. In both states where I've lived, I've never seen someone not flatten a sandwich. You put one hand fully across the top of the sandwich. Then you put the other hand on top of the first hand. Then you press down as hard as you can. Burgers too. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone eat a sandwich without smashing it first. I know I've never done it.

Must be! I live in Europe(England) and I don't recall people ever doing that.

I live in Canada and have also never seen people smush/flatten their sandwiches.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    sometimes I eat bananas with a spoon like the way you feed babies.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I eat potato chips on my PB&J, can't be ridged though, only regular or pringles. Soooo good.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    WHen I eat DQ ice cream cake I eat the frosting first (my favorite part), then the writing/picture stuff next, then the white ice cream (my least favorite part), then the chocolate ice cream, then the fudge/cookie part (one of the best parts)

When I eat vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, I put it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds depending on how much ice cream I have and how cold it is. Just enough to soften it then I have to mix it all up till it's almost more of a milkshake than ice cream

At Mcdonalds I would get honey for my chicken nuggets and would also dip my fries in the honey.

If something has a harder outside and a softer inside (cinnamon buns, cheese buns, though not generally toast or bread) I eat the harder outside first before the soft inside.

I do the eat the chocolate first thing on some, but not all, chocolate bars
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My brothers have always thought I was weird for doing this...

If I have meat, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I will combine the potatoes and veggies together. Then, I put a piece of the meat on my fork and dip it into my potato/veggies mixture.

OR, I'll just combine that whole sha-bang and eat it.

canned peas and mashed potatoes mixed together
    DELISH!
    Mashed potatoes, gravy and corn
    even better!
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    when I was a kid I used to love eating porridge (oatmeal) by taking spoonfuls from all round the edge first, so that it made a sunburst pattern and with Weetabix I'd let the milk soak in and push my spoon down flat to just skim some milk off, and I'd do that til no milk was left, then I'd eat the soggy cereal like baby food.

I was an odd kid