Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted here for a while but I got post a milestone I set myself to do by the end of the year for squats today.

At the end of my usual 5/3/1 set where I did 190lb at the end I decided to try for 205lb (200lb was my milestone) - got that then squatted 210lb. It was hard as I just about came to a standstill halfway up but I managed it and am so stoked!

Did a few more PRs recently so I am at:

95lb for OHP (single at the end of my sets)
    125lb for bench (single at the end of my sets)
    220lb x 5 for deadlifts.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted here for a while but I got post a milestone I set myself to do by the end of the year for squats today.

At the end of my usual 5/3/1 set where I did 190lb at the end I decided to try for 205lb (200lb was my milestone) - got that then squatted 210lb. It was hard as I just about came to a standstill halfway up but I managed it and am so stoked!

220lb x 5 for deadlifts.

Awesome Job... And 220 x5 on DL... Way to go!!! Impressive as hell.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

220lb x 5 for deadlifts.

Awesome Job... And 220 x5 on DL... Way to go!!! Impressive as hell.

Thank you :flowerforyou: . I have two updates from last weeks sessions - pulled 260lb on my deadlift and did 130lb on bench- stoked!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    awesome stuff Sara!

105kg bench (5kg PB)
    220kg deadlift (15kg PB)
    at 83kg BW.

IMG_1651.jpg
  • sfic1
    sfic1 Posts: 31
    Options
    PR since started crossfit 2mths
    dead lift.. 365# 1x.
    175# front squat
    165# push press
  • sfic1
    sfic1 Posts: 31
    Options
    PR since started crossfit dead lift.. 365# 1x.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 210, squat 165, bench 110. I weigh 125, so that's not nothing. :smokin:

(Oh, and four consecutive pull-ups. And a partridge in a pear tree.)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting in late August of this year. So far I'm happy with the progress!

Starting stats:
    - Body weight: 237 lbs
    - Squat: 235 lbs
    - Deadlift: 285 lbs
    - Bench: 165 lbs
    - Press: 105 lbs

My final stats for 2012:
    - Body weight: 208 lbs (-29)
    - Squat: 380 lbs (+145)
    - Deadlift: 385 lbs (+100)
    - Bench: 225 lbs (+60)
    - Press: 145 lbs (+40)

ETA - also went from 0 pull-ups to 10.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Not much, but this made me happy today.

Body Weight @ 156lb
    Deadlift 325lb x 4.
    Def couldve pushed out for 2-3 more. :)

First started deadlifting Jan 2012
    95lbs to 325lb in 12 months. :D
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Not much, but this made me happy today.

Body Weight @ 156lb
    Deadlift 325lb x 4.
    Def couldve pushed out for 2-3 more. :)

First started deadlifting Jan 2012
    95lbs to 325lb in 12 months. :D

Nice deadlifting mate :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    awesome stuff Sara!

105kg bench (5kg PB)
    220kg deadlift (15kg PB)
    at 83kg BW.

Look at that bar bend...shweeet.

Also, looks like some guys are mirin in the background!

Oh, and I realized I messed up my DL weight. I did 265 not 260 (I was originally going to go for 260 but snuck the extra 5lb on for sh!ts and giggles)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    awesome stuff Sara!

105kg bench (5kg PB)
    220kg deadlift (15kg PB)
    at 83kg BW.

Holy *kitten*

How did I miss that photo. Chris you are a machine!

The bend on the bar is flapping impressive!!

Edited to take out the picture, I know you hate picture quotin!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    awesome stuff Sara!

105kg bench (5kg PB)
    220kg deadlift (15kg PB)
    at 83kg BW.

Look at that bar bend...shweeet.

Also, looks like some guys are mirin in the background!

Oh, and I realized I messed up my DL weight. I did 265 not 260 (I was originally going to go for 260 but snuck the extra 5lb on for sh!ts and giggles)

Thanks Sara. Maybe mirin' at a "normal" gym but at this one half the guys are warming up on 4 plates! :happy: The black guy pulled 240kg easy as. Can lift!

BTW have you ever done any PL comps? What are you weighing in at these days?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Chris I've been waiting for you to push a comp on Sara!!
  • chrisdavey
    Options

It's so much fun! And if you already strong, I don't see why you wouldn't :laugh: In saying that, novice comps are great for anyone who knows the big 3 and the support you get from the other lifters will quite often make you break PB's anyway I think!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It's so much fun! And if you already strong, I don't see why you wouldn't :laugh: In saying that, novice comps are great for anyone who knows the big 3 and the support you get from the other lifters will quite often make you break PB's anyway I think!

I am 152 - 153 (well, I will be after the holiday bloat goes :wink: ). taso was encouraging me to do a competition but I have not done one yet. I think I may look into it when I get a bit more strength gains when I bulk. The thought is nerve wracking though I have to admit - especially as I am sure I would be twice the age of the average female competing.
  • chrisdavey
    Options

I am 152 - 153 (well, I will be after the holiday bloat goes :wink: ). taso was encouraging me to do a competition but I have not done one yet. I think I may look into it when I get a bit more strength gains when I bulk. The thought is nerve wracking though I have to admit - especially as I am sure I would be twice the age of the average female competing.

It's all just for fun though :smile: I'm not expecting to break any records or win stuff I just go there to test my limits with a group of like minded people. it does help that they run a few novice comps around my area and they encourage anyone who can lift to have a go no matter what the level.

My mum is going in the next all females comp in April. Aged 50 and only started lifting about 4-5 months ago. Just got her back squatting but already front squats 40kg for 10reps, 1rm bench of 47.5kg and DL 90kg.

There was also 2 ladies in their late 40's at the last all girls comp I went and watched. Both very inspirational! I think you are selling yourself short :wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It's all just for fun though :smile: I'm not expecting to break any records or win stuff I just go there to test my limits with a group of like minded people. it does help that they run a few novice comps around my area and they encourage anyone who can lift to have a go no matter what the level.

My mum is going in the next all females comp in April. Aged 50 and only started lifting about 4-5 months ago. Just got her back squatting but already front squats 40kg for 10reps, 1rm bench of 47.5kg and DL 90kg.

There was also 2 ladies in their late 40's at the last all girls comp I went and watched. Both very inspirational! I think you are selling yourself short :wink:

Saw a vid of your mum deadlifting and benching - she totally rocks!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've worked out, both strength and cardio, for the better part of 40 years now.

It began because of sports but evolved into a way of life because it's done so much for me. Years ago the availability of information and level of sophistication was of course nothing like today. Even the clothing is way cooler. Although back then I could eat everything my heart wanted without gaining weight.

Now that guys in the gym of my generation have dwindled some, it's kind of like we're a band of brothers.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

152-152 my *kitten*!!! No way that body looks too damn good to be over 150 :P