Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    CHarlotte - WElcome back!

@ Nicole - Don't write him off JUST yet. He may be OK once he understands just how serious you are and that if he doesn't support you in your goals/dreams then you don't need him. That might shake his tail a bit. If not, then I'm truly sorry.

Tuesday Goals: Get back to staying UNDER my calories. I've upped them for a 1.5 lb/week loss instead of a 2lb/week. I opted for a bit more food and a bit slower loss. I also need to get my butt back in gear.

I kicked it off with a 1.5 mile walk (33 minutes) to the KMart and to the grocery store for a few things. Now I get to eat my lunch, laundry, and tidy the apartment before work begins again tomorrow. Want to pack up my breakfast/lunch/snacks for tomorrow as well so no rushing around in the morning.

I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL first day of 2013. Mine is sure feeling spiffy so far.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    CHarlotte Welcome back !
    Tuesdays goals get back into exercising alot more and starting back to hip hop class next monday night i am excited about that ! I am wanting to get the hip hop for the wii also ! Does anyone have the hip hop for the wii it looks like alot of fun !
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Liz -- yes, my hubby's gone up 6 pounds, despite not being particularly extravagant over the holidays. The difference is that he's had desserts at restaurants and bigger portions of things at home. Nothing that drastic in individual meals, but in two weeks of rich eating it adds up.
    @Kaye -- 48 years since your proposal! How wonderful!
    @Karen -- Yay well done on no longer being obese! That's so exciting and such a reward for all of your dedication and persistence.
    @Kelley -- Well done for doing 8k, that's brilliant! And 5 miles in an hour! Wow! Your trainer must have really been the business.
    @Nicole -- hey, lots of sweet guys are jerks on NYE. Well done for staying off the Rocky Road.
    @Charlotte -- welcome back to MFP!
    @Kristen -- well done on fitting Starbucks into your day!
    @Kris -- I have my calories set on 1lb a week loss. I really think it's one of the things that's made this whole process so easy and agreeable. Along with all the help I get from you guys of course.

Happy 2013 everyone!

Our friends came over and we had a lovely New Year's Eve and obviously I ate and drank far too much in good company. But today I have gone for a long, long run (and oh yes I SWEATED you can be sure) and will not eat back all my exercise calories in sort of compensation. I'm not very hungry though; that will come tomorrow. I've booked in four hours of badminton before the kids go back to school, too.

Tuesday Goals: well, a big 2013 one, which is that I'd like to log 365 days this year. Weight wise, I want to -- not go backwards (minimal goal), lose at least 25 pounds (moderate goal), lose 52 pounds (stretch goal).

Measurements! Cos it's 1st January. Bust 46.25 which is down a tad, waist 45.5 which is the same, hips 50 which is down 2 whole inches. So I guess that running's doing something, right?

Hoping everyone's loving the New Year!

-- Alison
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,119 Member
    Options
    Helllllllllllo - Tuesday goal update:

My goal is to kick up the intensity of my activity a bit this year. I tried the jog thing again today and while it was better I think dropping another 20 lbs. will help quite a bit. Meanwhile I'm happy to be walking each and every day but I hope to do something more 2 days a week. A bit of a mog/jog, or Zumba Gold, or some Leslie Sansone fast miles. Just something more intense.

And that's-that's-that's all folks............

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Charolette.

Goals to lose 20# this year.

Keeping it a short I have a sinus headache and am tired.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Hope everyone is having an ok.New Year's Day. Mine has been pretty simple. I went over to some of my friends from church ar had a brunch. Making plans for new year that was fun. Most part we stayed home. Enjoying it so much. Now back to normal tomorrow work at 8 am. I am happy its a short week.

@Karen yay on reaching such a great goal. Not being obese any more.A
    @Alision I have my weekly goal set for 1.5 a week it was at 2lbs which was ok during summer but during the start of fall I start experiencing being really hungry so bump it back up and it has help so much. Plus all.of you at mfp.

@Lin those are good goals.
    @Kaye that is great. Love it! 48Yyrs
    @Kris that sounds like fun class!
    @MyMowMow -- that sounds like a good walk.
    @kah! Good on the 5k

Well so sorry if. I am missing anyone.

Fitness goal. To continue working out regularly find ways to add to them.
    Food be back to basic keep logging food in diary.

Wishing everyone a good evening!

Liz
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Loving all of the new goals!!

@kelley--congrats on your 8k!! If you keep reading you will see that's one of my upcoming goals.

@laurie--hope your headache goes away--get some rest!

I would like to say I will kick it up a notch exercise-wise, but I know that's not realistic at this time of the school year. Instead, my goal is to stay consistent with daily walks and 2-3 more intense workouts each week. I will also commit to doing my 15 minutes of core work most days that I don't hit the gym or run.

One thing I will do is try to increase the length of my runs. I tend to do just 2-3 miles and then I get bored and switch to the bike or elliptical. However, I really want to run the Cinco de Miler in May, so I need to get to the point where I'm comfortable running 5 miles. I thought about signing up for it last year and then ended up not doing so b/c I just didn't feel ready. Hope to meet this goal in 2013.

Had a fabulous time at the zoo with my sister, bil, and niece. It was cold, but we were fine due to the time spent walking through indoor exhibits. The only time it really felt cold was while walking back to the car. We walked around for about 2 1/2 hours, but I logged it as 90 minutes in order to be conservative. We also stopped for hot chocolate and snacks. I got a soft pretzel with cheese sauce. It was really big, so I didn't eat the whole thing, but I ate most of it and it was yummy! Earlier in the day, I was a good girl at starbucks--skipped the salted caramel mocha and got the mocha light frap instead.

Almost forgot--I'm rooting for NIU to win the Orange Bowl tonight!! I only went there for grad school, but since my undergrad school had no football team (Loyola Chicago), NIU is all I have. Go Huskies!!
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I can not explain how you ladies have made me feel by welcoming me back so readily. I was hesitant to come back because I was so embarrassed and depressed about gaining back so much of my weight but I should have known better. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for being who you are. I will be happy to come back on a regular basis and offer you the same kind of encouragentt that you have offered me. Happy New Year. Charlotte
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I can not explain how you ladies have made me feel by welcoming me back so readily. I was hesitant to come back because I was so embarrassed and depressed about gaining back so much of my weight but I should have known better. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for being who you are. I will be happy to come back on a regular basis and offer you the same kind of encouragentt that you have offered me. Happy New Year. Charlotte

Welcome back to MFP!! I've been on since August and found this wonderful group of people. It always makes me smile to see folks come back and they're welcomed with open arms. This is what friends and support is all about. Love it!!! It sounds like you had quite a hurdle to get over so don't beat yourself up. You're back and that's what matters. I look forward to following your journey in 2013.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Happy 2013 Everybody!

This is going to be the year of finishing projects. I have closets full of things that need to be finished, fixed or given away. But the most important project I am going to finish this year is getting to my goal weight. I adjusted my weight to start the year with my actually weight loss, (I added back the weight gained during the Thanksgiving-New Years holidays.) I am going to do this for me and not look to others for approval. I think I got the wind knocked out of my sails when my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers. I have tried all my life to get her approbation and now I know I never will. I can wallow in self-pity and put all the weight back on or I can take responsibility for my health and happiness irregardless of whether or not anyone notices, because reaching the goal is what really matters. I joined a virtual walk across America group to get myself motivated to exercise.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    2013 Goals: I don't have anything for Tuesday, but looking at 2013.

1) SLEEP - I don't get enough. My goal is to get at least 7 hours each night.
    2) Water - I really need to drink more. I will drink water in the AM before I drink a Diet Coke.
    3) Commit to some kind of movement every day. Even if it's parking further away, taking more stairs, or anything else I can do to make extra moves.
    4) By 12/31/13, I want my e-mail saying I've got over 515 days logging. I'm on 150 days right now. Woo Hoo!!
    5) Onederland!! Normally, I try not to focus on the numbers, but I really want to push myself. I'm 85 lbs away, which is an average of 7 lbs per month.

Here's the plan for the week:

1/1 - 30 minute walk w/dog & 15-minute interval on Bowflex (hate that machine) DONE
    1/2- Gym AM
    1/3 - Gym AM
    1/4 - Gym AM
    1/5- Walk outside or ride bike
    1/6 - Walk outside or ride bike
    1/7 - First Trainer session

Let's do it!!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    2013 Goals...

Weight Goals
    205 lbs by April 7th (my birthday).
    ONEderland by Cinco de Mayo
    175 lbs by August 31
    158 lbs (Out of obese and into plain old overweight by January 1, 2014)

Fitness Goals
    There are 4 5Ks I want to do this coming year. I want to increase my walking speed for the first two. Run at least PART of the third and run the entire last. Come next November I want run part of (or most of) the 10K at the Turkey Trot.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Charlotte - I'm so happy to see you! Welcome back! I sympathize with your struggles and I'm glad you're going to tackle the weight again. We'll walk the walk together hand in hand, so to speak :heart: Are you still doing Wii Exerbeat? I just got my Wii hooked up and will be doing Wii Dance Party when I get home from travelling on Jan 8. I think I want to look into maybe getting the Exerbeat program if you recommend it.

Happy New Year Everybody. I am always excited when a new year begins. Every year is the same, I only make one resolution and that is to be a better, nicer, version of myself, to continue to improve myself. I don't think God hears me right, because I'm actually getting balder, not better. :laugh:
    Another thing, I have a little superstition going on with the number 13 so I'm a little uncomfortable with the year 2013, dang, wish we could have jumped right to 2014, like hotel floors skip the 13th floor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year MFP Family! I have missed you all! With the holidays and everything else going on, I haven't had much time to stop by and visit, but it is a new year and time for new commitments. I have a challenge for all of you if you should choose to take it. I suggested on my own page a 365 miles in 365 days challenge. That's a mile a day for an entire year! I've got my mom and sister and several friends signed on and the best thing is that you can do it anywhere! I walked my first mile of the year today and now I only have 364 more to go! I hope you will all join me! :)

Secondly, I have signed up for my very first obstacle/mud run! I am super excitd about it, especially since I'm raising money for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I have a donation page located at the following address:

https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/displayUserPage.do?programId=2252&userId=923991&eventId=333025

Should you feel led, please help me to meet my goal of raising $300. It's a GREAT cause! I set a modest goal because I feel that it is attainable. Should we go over, that would just be a blessing. :)

I hope everyone is doing great! I promise to stop by very soon! Have a great night and I can't wait to catch up with all of you!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to each and every one of you!

I had a pretty tough year last year as far as my weight loss goes.

As you can see I actually updated my weight since the last time I updated it and i have a significant gain. I'm pretty angry at myself for it. But no point in being angry just need to get refocused and I am...completely. I feel the gain in the way my clothes fit and how I feel. I can't have that. It happened so fast too...it's ridiculous.

I set my alarm this morning to get up and start C25K again. I almost hit snooze and went back to sleep but I sat up for a few minutes and realized going back to sleep wont help me and I wanted to do it. So I did. It was hard but felt great. I'm happy I did it.

Here's to a new year and a new me! I have to change the way I think about myself and how I see things. That's a big goal for me is to learn to love myself as I am.

Thank you for all the continued support and motivation from all of you. I will be better supporter and motivator this year!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

Tina
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I've got some muscle soreness from my run yesterday, not sure why but the muscles in my mid-back are really sore along with some SI joint pain. Hope I can do some stretching at the gym later to work out the kinks.

I forgot to post my goals yesterday.

Tuesday/2013 Goals:

1. Sleep – I average 5 hours a night, I really need to find a way to get more sleep
    2. Continue with my trainer twice/week
    3. Continue to challenge myself with running – do at least 2, 3-mile runs per week.
    4. Run Heels & Hills 10K on May 5th
    5. Dirty Girl Mud Run in Boston on July 6th
    6. Run Heels, Hills & Him half on September 15th (if I’m not ready for the half I will do the 10K)
    7. Want to hit goal by year-end, but will be happy with a 50# loss.

Wednesday Wish~That 2013 brings us all health & happiness.

@Karen~Love the new pic! Sounds like you had a great time at the zoo. I think you can definitely make that 5-mile goal!
    @Jana~Glad to see you back, too! Excellent challenge for the year.

One amazing thing for me in 2012 is that I made it through the holiday season without gaining any weight. Truly proud of that!

Heat is broken in my office this morning, apparently went out while I was on vacation and they don’t have the part yet to fix it – I hope soon, I’m freezing!!!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,119 Member
    Options
    One of the goals this month on the thread has to do with experiencing hunger. With that in mind, I wanted to post a few points from "Eat for Health" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I know many people find him to be out there and his ideas too extreme but I am incorporating as many nutrient dense choices in my life everyday as I can. One thing he talks about is hunger. He separates hunger into toxic hunger and true hunger.

As I read that I felt for most of my life I have experienced toxic hunger rather than true hunger. I'm including a few bullet points on each.

Toxic Hunger

* Headaches

* Weakness, shakiness, and fatigue

* Stomach cramping

* Light-headedness

* Esophageal spasms

* Growling stomach

* Irritability and inabiliity to concentrate

True Hunger
    * A sensation in your throat

* Increased salivation

* A dramatically-heightened taste sensation

With true hunger you are said to feel fine whether you eat, delay eating or skip a meal.

Apparently once you provide your body with nutrient dense food for a period of time your toxic hunger subsides and you're more able to distinguish true hunger and you're rid of the other toxic hunger symptoms.

Something to think about.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy 2013 Everyone.:bigsmile:

Wed Wish!!! That I will stay motivated this year no matter what.

@Robin- I read your post again last night that you did awhile back on motivation. I saw my down falls that keep me struggling so I am praying for a better journey in 2013.

My internet is down at home well actually BF forgot to pay the bill and so it was shut off. I am trying to keep up on my lunch break at work but please forgive me I will not be posting much individually being I can barely keep up at this point. 30 minutes isn't much time when you are pages behind.

Robin sorry I forgot the Jan 2013 goals you posted many pages ago could you refresh me.... Thanks

Any ideas how to put not accepting new friends right now on profile. I think it is best that I only allow new friends that are part of this group in order for me to stay focused. Is that rude?
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Queen - I don't accept friends any more - I just decline them -there is no explanation necessary -there are no repercussions really - I've found so there's no need to worry about letting them "down easy".

Lin - thanks for the info on Toxic vs. True Hunger. I don't want to mislead anyone with the January challenges into a troubling situation so your information is VERY helpful!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The JANUARY CHALLENGES ARE:

1. Every Day I am going to break a SWEAT:

2. Every Day I am not goiing to eat until I am HUNGRY.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: