What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it should be an unspoken rule - NEVER ASK A WOMAN IF SHE IS PREGNANT!! It is SO not anybody's business. It just infuriates me that people are so rude. :mad:

Secondly, WOW. I cannot believe that parents are so mean to their children!!!! While I might suggest they join me for a walk or some other exercise, I would NEVER say things to my boys, like what I'm reading. Words cut so deep and children NEVER forget a harsh comment. EVER.

I got a lot of "You have such a pretty face..." "You could be so beautiful if you lost weight!" "You have a great personality & you're so funny..." I guess because fat people are especially funny. :( I was moo'ed at in a bar... people are just so mean.

But that's all the past - and I will not let bad memories of stupid insults bring me down. I'm bigger (NO PUN INTENDED! HA!) than that. Here's to ME and the success I will BE in 2013! :drinker:
  • TKOhYeah
    Options
    used to be a waitress at a steakhouse.... waited on a table that had some kids i used to go to school with. after i left the table, i went around the corner to put their order into the computer. I overheard one say "man, she turned into a heffer!!"..... he didn't know i could still hear him. :cry:

I recently started a part time job; standing at the register on a slow night I over heard the end of a conversation between one of the regular customers and one of the waiters. I heard the customer say "I don't think there is anyone one in here big enough to do it." He then Nudged the waiter and says, "Except maybe that when over there" and nodded at me. They both busted out laughing; when they noticed me looking at them he dropped his head and continued to laugh and the waiter headed back toward the stock room.
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Definitely sad posts, I couldn't go past a couple pages :(

My most memorable ones:

My sister, all throughout childhood and teens calling me names such as "tub of lard", "fatty", "pig", "cow" etc.
    2 years ago, a woman in Zumba asked when I was due... like most people here, I wish I would've snapped back better than just "uhh, I'm NOT", but I think we're all just so stunned that someone would say that!

And probably one that has stuck with me for forever... I was at an overnight camp, probably Grade 8, and I had these pj pants I loved because they were cute with bacon, eggs, OJ, all breakfast items on them. One girl said "Kristen loves food SOOO much, she wants to dream about breakfast!" It just really stung and I still think about it for some reason! Kids (well, adults too it seems) are cruel.
  • QuietImperfections
    QuietImperfections Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    While I was eating something (that was unhealthy; I was aware of this at the time) I was told that I was going to end up weighing 1000lbs and have to be broken out of my room.

Thanks mother. :indifferent:

ETA: *free hugs*
  • bairborne
    bairborne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have taken more crap from people since my weight loss! I was 183 and went down to 133 and am what I believe is a great 145! Everyday I hear, you look sick, like a scare crow, half the man you were etc. if my food portions are not big enough according to others standards they ask if I am sick?

Well I am sick of hearing all the crap and most of it is from people that don't have the dedication to do something about the way they look. Funny I don't have a problem with the way anyone looks, as long as they have good personal hygine and take care of themselves. Just because I don't have dunlaps disease (where my belly dunlaps over my belt), doesn't mean something is wrong with me.

Here's to those that are comfortable in their own skin, and if they are not, they do something about it lol :noway:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Honestly no one has said anything more mean to me, than myself.

But, there was the time in middle school where some senior boys said I must be descended from elephants, then the time this fat chick (I mean wtf she was fat!!) made Godzilla noises, ooh and the time a guy almost ran me over then decided that he would scream "fat *kitten*" at me...funny enough this was all in middle school. Hmm, well I hardly get comments anymore other than "you have lost so much weight" :)

Ooh, and for those "pretty face" comments, one time I was at a cafe with friends listening to a local band, this older man with us was going on about how he hates this one girl because she is fat, and how fat people are disgusting. Then he looked at me and said "well it's different for you because you are pretty."

WTF.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I substitute teach and thus go around to many different schools and many different grades, K-12. It's not like the kids have been mean but several kids, this school year kids have been asking me about 'the baby' and what did I have, 'a boy or girl'. Come to find out that many of these kids, at different schools, different grades, didn't know each other etc., thought I was PREGNANT last school year. Egads. :noway:

I just laugh and tell them I was just very fat last year, not pregnant.
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My 7 yrs old nephew had a birthday party in the summer so we'd decided to bring out an inflatable pool so all the kids can cool off. One of my sister's friend's husband had always been the type that had said very indirect things about my weight but I usually just imagine giving him the finger in my mind.

The last thing he said was: "If Maggie jumped into the pool, all the water will be gone!" and freaking repeated one more time to make sure EVERYONE heard it. $(%_)$)#@!!

Wanted SO much to call him out and said, "Is this how your defense mechanism protects your ego cause your wife is cheating on you?" (...but then I would of gotten my sister's friend in trouble - whom I didn't really like either.) There were LOTS of middle finger images in my head that day.

Also, a friend's mom couldn't say my name right; instead of Maggie, she called me "Market"....then a guy friend chums in and said: SUPER-Market. %*($%)#!!!
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "I'm not as physically attracted to you as I had hoped I'd be". He said he was just being honest. As I tell my daughter, honesty is the best policy unless the only thing your honesty does is hurt someone.
  • BlueDancer
    BlueDancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I get that a lot.... my response...at least i can diet....but your ugliness will never go away!

or

"I'm fat, you're ugly...i can lose weight"

el-oh-el
  • fragrantair
    Options
    after I lost weight my hairdresser said I had the kind of body that she thought would never be able to lean out. I guess I looked really fat and lazy
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Another one that really stuck with me.... is after a got a divorce I decided its time to get back in the dating world...... So I was talking to this guy on a dating site I said I was a bigger girl he said he didnt care that I was awesome.. so I finally decided to meet him...the meet was good so I thought... after I got home I get a text with him saying:

* If you want to hook up Id love that but I cant date you because I cant have a fat chick hanging on my arm*.....

So I was good enough to *f**K but not good enough date....
  • apanda4
    apanda4 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have always had comments about my weight - all through Primary School, High School, and even from my own family.

I was always called Elephant, Hippo, beached whale. When I would walk, people would act like there was an earthquake around. I would always lose my friends. I was even asked on a couple of occassions while in primary school if I was pregnant.

My Step-Grandfather was the culprit in my family. We had a family bbq for my mum's birthday one year and my grandmother (mum's mum) said that she was cold and I replied and said that I wasn't. In front of my dad's family and my other grandmother, my step-grandfather said that I had my fat to keep me warm.

Whenever we had dinner or lunch with them and he was asked if he wanted any more - he would look at me and say no, he knows when he has had enough.

The final straw my mother took of this, was when I stayed with my grandparents after xmas one year. My grandmother the first night was getting the bed that I was using ready for me and she asked my step-grandfather to help her move something. His reply - why, is she that fat?

I was teased for lots of things - not just my weight.

My dad was a fireman in the town where I grew up. My last name at that stage was Draper - so when my dad came to the school with the fire brigade - I got told that my dad was Fireman "D"raper - without the "D". Sorry - just don't like to say it to myself.

Everything still hurts and my brother thinks that I should just forget, forgive and move on.

He was never teased. He had his friends - and I had virtually no one.
  • Newru
    Newru Posts: 1
    Options
    My mother, who was always very tall and slim, used to make offhanded comments about me being big boned after I gained weight. I kept telling her to stop making comments like that because they were hurtful. She would then get mad at me and say she wasn't calling me fat, just big boned. Through out her apologies she would just keep saying big-boned over and over again, each was a slap to my self-esteem.
    After a funeral, my mother decided to inform me that an aunt asked if I was with child. Yes, I was a little chubby at the time 5'5 and 138lbs, but it still hurt that she felt the need to tell me this. Mom has since gained a quite a bit of weight and no longer makes comments like these. I have never once commented on her weight, I encourage her whenever she talks about dieting or exercising but always in a polite way i.e "Oh I bet that you would love that, that exercise really boosts your energy levels"

When I was 15, 5'5 and 113lbs my step-mother used to constantly call me fat, tell me I should stop eating, say I was a bottomless pit and would chain up the fridge. I was very slim and she has quite a belly on her. I could never understand this behavior, but it hurt a lot. Especially given how many insecurities a 15 year old girl has already.
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "it looks like you've gained some weight"

i was like :O i know that.. theres no need to point it out *kitten* !! :(
  • Beccalicious420
    Options
    My mother was in town on my birthday a few years ago. We were coming home from dinner when her boyfriend calls her. Over the speaker phone he asks, " Is fat *kitten* with you?" She just looked at me uncomfortably as my eyes filled with tears, then turned away and laughed back into the phone, saying that yes we were together. The worst part is that I had planned to tell her I was pregnant with her first grandchild when we got back to my house. It still hurts that she let him disrespect me like that.
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    A friend thought a pair of my boxers were a set of drapes
  • maiahmae
    Options
    About 15 pounds lighter then current weight, at my wedding reception. A child, age 8ish?, belonging to a family friend walked up to me, raised my arm in front of the new in-laws, and demanded "Hey Aunt -name-, Show them your big muscles!" before I could stop him.

Not sure if I was embarrassed by him doing it in front of them, or the fact of my 'big muscles'.
  • Khittle123
    Khittle123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i was ten and not even that over weight. I was standing by one of my cousins and she asked me if i had gym in school. i asked her why she asked and she said it was cos i needed to loose weight.