over 200 club New year New me Part 13

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!!

I don't know why everyone in my house thinks it is fun to be so loud and 6:30 and not let me sleep...

Scale is down almost a lbs today woohooo..only 2 more lbs till i get back to my weight two weeks ago...woohoo...

today is going to be busy, we are taking the puppy to the vet this morning then lots of cleaning and soccer tots for the little one.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm back now!!!! It's so good to be home.

I did pretty well with my food intake even though I couldn't track everything and managed to lose 2.3 lbs in the last 2 weeks.
    Phew, I was worried what would happen while I was away and mourning and eating food prepared by others.

I did just read back through posts from this week, haven't gone back to last week though. So much has happened.

Awestfall - My heart goes out to your community. I really feel empathy for what you are living through. The grandfather that I just buried was a coal miner from the age of 14 until he retired. All of the men on that side of my family were coal miners and their community is also very tight knit. Everybody knows everyone. Neighbors are like family and the whole community gives their support in times of tragedy. I just read an online article about the explosion and want you to know that people around the world are thinking of your community right now.

I was appalled to hear about the protests from that cult group that call themselves a church. The group that says the miners were killed because America is tolerant of homosexuality and God punished them for that. That's just completely absurd.
    I'm not religious myself but that doesn't mean that I don't respect others beliefs or have tolerance for other people's choices.

Chris - I'm sorry that your father is taking that stand. Your fiance sounds wonderful and most fathers would be happy to have a man like him to take care of their daughter. If it helps at all, my best friend and her husband paid for their wedding themselves and swears that it was the best idea they ever had. She has a father who can be overbearing and if he had paid then he would have surely forced them to do the wedding his way. Paying yourself does give the freedom to do it your way!

The past week spending time with my family and remembering my grandfather got us all to reflect on what a wonderful man he was in so many ways. What hits home the most to me is his ability to welcome and embrace anyone he encountered no matter what race, what their religious beliefs, what they looked like, what job they held, what class they were. He could be kind to and find common ground with anyone. I just aspire to live my live with as much tolerance of others as he did. RIP Jack.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all...

Today is beautiful outside. The many birds are going crazy. This year it seems we have so many different kinds that are visiting our backyard. Normally it is just sparrows and Robins. This year the blackbirds, finches, humming birds and pigeons (I could live without the pigeons) are all going nuts. Did I mention I love watching birds!

I have a light Saturday for a welcome change only 1/2 a day today at work and then I am going to drop my son off at his girlfriends house and my daughter and I are going to have some mother daughter time. I think we are going to work on Little Bears stone today and probably work some in the yard.

Momma I am glad your daughter is liking it here. She is young and will be down to where she want soon. Plus with gaining the good habits so early in life it will be easier for her later!

Meok.. I am so glad you are back! I miss your posts and am sorry for the loss of your grandpa. It is great you still managed to loose weight! Way to go girl

Lildebby.. I promise that as your kids get older, sleep will come. My kids use to be up early in the morning now I have to wake them up or they would sleep the day away.

Well.. I am off and running here it is 8:17 and I need to get ready for work.. TTYL
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Update gals!!! 29 miners killed in this explosion.The 4 that were missing were confirmed dead just a few hours ago.Out of 31 miners 2 survived but with serious injuries.The one man(friends of my family know this family) that is in Charleston is responding to all his loved ones now.He told the nurse yesterday he had to pee:laugh: :laugh: and he laughed and then cried because it hurt to laugh.Poor man!!But I am so glad God answered my prayers for that man and his family.The other man that survived the explosion is in Raleigh General Hospital but I do not know of his condition.My friends Uncle passed away he was part of the 4 they were still searching for this morning.I feel so bad for them all.Continue to pray for these poor families who are still hurting.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Jess..................... -4.0 = 1.81%
    bluenote.... ..........-3.0 = 0.71%
    Pos_me...............-3.0 = 1.41%
    Littlespy....... ........-0.0 = 0%
    momma...............-5.3 = 1.99%
    Cris20056...........+1.4 = 0%
    Mari ......................-1.2 = 0.51%
    cogirl ................... -3.0 = 1.13%
    lstpaul..................+1.5 = 0%
    hajohnson24...........0 = 0%
    Jesyka..................-0.8 = 0.37%
    mstahl....................+2 = 0%
    snowflakes..............0 = 0%

Huge numbers lost this week for several of you. Well done:)

Holding the same this week for me. I'm quite certain that it is water retention in my muscles. I have had some great workouts this week! Got in one more day of spring skiing yesterday!!! Fabulous!!! Soccer starts today, game rescheduled to another park because up here we still have snow banks. Ah Spring... Have a great weekend.

Just was reading back a few posts: got you on the list masthl. (oops, I got on the phone while editing you beat me to it)
    awestfall, thank you for the updates. You and your community are in my thoughts.
    coloradogirl: hummingbirds are my favorite to feed. Hopefully they are on their way here soon.
    momma: you are a great example for your daughter. That is great she is watching her calories. I SOOO uneducated at her age.
    meokk: glad you are back. Living to accecpt everyone, you never have regrets for being kind to others.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Jess..................... -4.0 = 1.81%
    bluenote.... ..........-3.0 = 0.71%
    Pos_me...............-3.0 = 1.41%
    Littlespy....... ........-0.0 = 0%
    momma...............-5.3 = 1.99%
    Cris20056...........+1.4 = 0%
    Mari ......................-1.2 = 0.51%
    cogirl ................... -3.0 = 1.13%
    lstpaul..................+1.5 = 0%
    hajohnson24...........0 = 0%
    Jesyka..................-0.8 = 0.37%
    snowflakes..............0 = 0%
    mstahl......................0=0%

Whew! Got through them all!

My sister and her wife were over last night for dinner. My sister is working at a little local foods grocery in Columbus (oh) as the "cheese girl" so she brought up some fun cheese for an appetizer. damn cheese. :laugh: Oh well... It was worth it! Her store buys as much as they can from local farms. It was fun eating cheese from local places. I guess one of the farms only has about a dozen milk cows and they have their cow's pictures and names up on posters - funny :tongue:

I made pan roasted salmon and steamed green beans, Elizabeth made a homemade Caesar salad complete with the anchovies and flakes of parmesan cheese - it was very good! We saved dessert for later today - Greek yogurt and strawberries. Caroline and "EB" were in town to help with a maple syrup breakfast at a local sugar-bush. My sister helps haul sap with my dad and they get paid with organic maple syrup - YUM! I'm hoping for a couple pints :wink:

Later today they're going to meet us at our Rec center so we can all work out together! I'm excited to "show off" Kent State's wellness center. They use a small local gym in Columbus but they've both used nice university rec centers in the past. I'm kinda excited to 'show off' our place :tongue:

I know some of you probably aren't thrilled with two "married" women (I used to object too) but Elizabeth is such a wonderful person and we love her so much it's hard to feel shocked or feel like their choice to spend their life together is somehow so offensive to God that he would take out his wrath on our country. 50 years ago my aunts lived together in their single room home, one taught and the other was a principal at the same school. No one thought anything of it - just two old maids! Turns out they weren't actually sisters but even those who knew that just thought of them as too little old maids that were pillars of their communities and church:ohwell: Caroline and EB aren't legally married - they just had a ceremony last spring for themselves and family. My dad who makes the most angry right-wing protester look like a liberal tree hugger, was a sobbing fool when he tried to make a toast welcoming EB to our family because he was so moved by the ceremony and he loves EB too- it was pretty funny to us younger family members. My nephew sang "to the LEFT, to the LEFT" under his breath :laugh: I'm not asking anyone to change their opinion or approve or anything - just wanted to explain :flowerforyou:

My week of training is behind me! I should be back to stalker status soon! I love how well every one did this week! Even those of us with small gains or no loss did fabulous I think!

YAY US!!!!:bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Awestfall - I'm sorry to hear your friend's uncle has been confirmed dead. But at least now they can stop searching and have closure, even if it's not the result anyone wanted.

mstahl - I'm pretty sure I've never shared with you girls that I lived with 3 gay men for a couple years in college (and, no, they weren't involved with each other at all). :tongue: Needless to say, I'm more than supportive of gay couples and supportive of gay couples having the same rights as married straight couples. :smile: But I don't give a hoot what they call it - "civil union," "marriage," or something else, just so long as the rights that come with it are the same. And that's how I feel about that. :smile: But I'm pretty sure that doesn't surprise anyone here (damn social liberal :wink:). :laugh:

Cogirl - I'm with you on the birdwatching. I love it! I encourage birds to nest on my front porch. :laugh: I have 4 bird feeders hanging there right now. And a pair of house finches nesting for the 2nd year in a row. The babies are fledglings now & SO CUTE! I love it! I won some environmental prize at our regional science fair in 4th grade (no I'm not bragging, haha) and the Audobon Society gave me a free 1 year membership and that's when my birdwatching interest started.

I was right about this week's weight loss being masked by water retention. 204.2 this morning. :bigsmile: I feel like I cheated now because I've already lost 1.8 pounds for next week's weigh in. :laugh: Maybe I need to go eat a burger & fried pickles tomorrow to even it out. I wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage or anything. :wink:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good Morning My weight loss buddies!!! I ate a big breakfast this morning!!! Whew glad that is over, I will have to average it out with lunch and dinner!!!!

Ann, I am so sorry to hear about this. I was hoping all would be well with those 4. It is just too bad!! I saw a story that one of the 4 had a son that had special needs and they had not even told him he was missing yet as of wed. My heart broke for that little boy. It is just so sad.

Mstahl, glad to see you here this morning. I missed you yesterday!!

Meokk- Glad you are back!!! What a gift to have such fond memories of your grandfather.

Cogirl, I love birds. I keep humming bird feeders on my house by my living room window. My middle daughter when she was 3yo she use to call them Honey Birds. Her grandma had hummingbird feeders around her house and she had at least 20 around it all the time. I had never seen anything like it. We took a walk and her Great Grandmother had hummingbird feeders around her area (mil and great grandma were on same property) Some of the hummingbirds were there eating. Haley says "HEY THOSE ARE MY GRANDMAS HONEY BIRDS!!!!!!" I just thought that was so cute and funny. She is 13 now and does not love that story like I do!!

Snowflakes- I am always happy to see you!! You always are so sweet and have something nice to say.

Littlespy - NOthing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments. I think it is pretty neat that you won and enviromental prize. Good job on the loss this morning.

I think I am the biggest loser this week:blushing: I have a challenge. I think everyone has weighed in. Here it goes

I would like everyone to work out their butts,thighs, and hips this week. I think we should do squats. 3 sets of 8 if you are physically able if not do 3 sets of 5. For those of us who are unable to go all the way down into a squat do a half squat. As if you are going into the squat postition but stop half way. Do 3 sets of 5 or 8 what ever your ability. Try to do these at least 3-5 times this week. Also you can spread it out through out the day. 1 Set in the morning 1 at lunch 1set at bedtime. You choose or just get all 3 sets done at once!!! Also I would like those of us able to do 3 sets of 8 lunges as well as 3 sets of backwards lunges. also 3-5 times this week. I know some of us are just not physical able to do this moves but they can be modified to your own ability. At least try the half squats. The idea is to start building strength. Good Luck
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    hi girls!!! my shock metabolism night was uhm....a little over the top. I am not even going to say what I did because its THAT bad. I am only up 2lbs this morning so Im hoping it comes off quick.

awestfall- i am sorry for your freinds uncle...I will continue to keep them in my prayers

mstahl- i missed you!! my stalking buddy! just adding my 2 cents on the gay thing- I could really care less who people love its their choice...i used to have a really good gay guy best friend in college, he was the best! so was his partner

momma- havent had a chance ot go meet your daughter yet but Im looking forward to it...have i mentioned how much i hate lunges? lol

meook- welcome back! great job on your weight loss inspite of trying circumstances! we missed you!

About to take my son to the park, be back later to log in my cals for yesterday and check in for today...i think i went well over 3000 cals last night ouch,,,
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Oh lordie mae I never thought I'd see the day when I would try a squat and a lunge, but OK Momma, I am going to do it for you! :laugh: Modified, of course, but they will still be a challenge for me!!!

meokk - glad you're back :flowerforyou:
    mstahl - I missed your witty stalker-esque posts yesterday - glad you're back, too! :flowerforyou: And you've got to know my position on gay people because hello, I am in music and theatre! :tongue:
    cris - just own that big meal and move forward! :drinker: Drink LOADS of water.

The weather is gorgeous out here in old Lou! I am going for a NICE LONG WALK! (wow, I surprise even myself sometimes! :laugh: )
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    momma - I am all in for your challenge. I really hate lunges/squats but mainly cause my knee hurts and cracks everytime
    My ea active has me do them everytime, so i AM DEDICATED to doing it at least 3 times this week.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Oh lordie mae I never thought I'd see the day when I would try a squat and a lunge, but OK Momma, I am going to do it for you! :laugh: Modified, of course, but they will still be a challenge for me!!!

meokk - glad you're back :flowerforyou:
    mstahl - I missed your witty stalker-esque posts yesterday - glad you're back, too! :flowerforyou: And you've got to know my position on gay people because hello, I am in music and theatre! :tongue:
    cris - just own that big meal and move forward! :drinker: Drink LOADS of water.

The weather is gorgeous out here in old Lou! I am going for a NICE LONG WALK! (wow, I surprise even myself sometimes! :laugh: )

Nothing wrong with modified. If you just start to go into position and come back up you have a half squat. I know you can.
    I am proud of you for going on those walks and I am happy you will be trying the squats.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    momma - I am all in for your challenge. I really hate lunges/squats but mainly cause my knee hurts and cracks everytime
    My ea active has me do them everytime, so i AM DEDICATED to doing it at least 3 times this week.

Lildeb, if it hurts just do the half ones. They hurt me too a bit but I am getting use to them. My husband says my behind is getting tighter:blushing: :blushing:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    checking in!

I started out the day so well! Greek yogurt with honey and strawberries (dipped in the yogurt) for breakfast, a cup of protein smoothie for lunch! Then dinner at a Mexican place. Who knew the fish chimichanga would be 1000 :noway: calories? And maybe that second:drinker: margarita wasn't a good idea :grumble:

Calories - over by 1000 and that's after eating every one of my exercise calories
    Exercise - Sis and SIL went to the Rec center with us today - swimming and jogging!
    Water - still working on it...

Proud - I did the Week 4 extra workout where I jogged three six minute jogs with one minute recoveries! I did it!!! I did it!!! Whoot!:bigsmile:

Momma - My knees haven't let me do a squat but I'll try the modified versions! We're going to a state park tomorrow for last week's challenge :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Calories: 1625 if I can stay out of the pizza the rest of the night...
    Exercise: nothing official :laugh:
    Water: 5-6 cups so far
    Proud: Eh..

I've talked bf into going to the Congaree National Park to hike tomorrow. :smile: Should be fun as long as we remember the bug spray. :laugh:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    mstahl - I am very liberal in thinking and supportive of gay rights and gay marriage.

momma - great challenge this week!

check in for yesterday -
    calories - under
    water - 2.5 L
    exercise - 1hr walking, 1 hr running around the park with my kids
    proud - I was able to run around the park with the kids, and didn't feel tired or too out of breath!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! wanted to stop in and say hello and catch up on posts. I was busy all day yesterday helping my Mom with her garage sale. I made $50 bucks on some of my old clothes. Pretty exciting! I'm off today to go find some new clothes, finally!! Try and find something cute to wear out for my birthday Friday. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Jess
  • cris20056
    Options
    Good morning! I cant get online much from home (baby) but I need input.

So I had my scale in a certain spot in the bathroom since I started this journey. As I mentioned in previous posts we had done some renovations to the bathroom and I moved the scale while we tiled the floors. Well, come to find out that when I moved the scale that is when I showed that gain. I put the stuff back in the bathroom today where it all used to be and the scaled said 211.4 at the old spot is used to be and 214 at the spot that Ive had it while doing renovations. I am kind of ticked off because now I feel like I need to go with the higher number but at the same time its frustrating to me that jsut where i put the scale is showing a 3lb difference.

Dunno what to do...go back to keeping the scale where it used to be and take the lower number or keep it where it been showing the higher number and go on from there....
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Cris, I'd just put the scale back where it used to be to be consistent (the lower number).

On my newer scale, I weigh 204.2. On my old dial scale, I weigh around 190. I'd never switch to the old scale & say I dropped 14 pounds. :laugh: So, you shouldn't move your scale & say you gained 3. :wink:

Edit: Ps- I know my old dial scale is at least 10 pounds off most doctor's scales (I remember always being very sad when being weighed at the doctor because my scale was so far off it was a shock to hear I weighed so much more than I thought :laugh:) which is why I think my newer digital scale is more accurate at 14 pounds more.
  • cris20056
    Options
    Thanks JLB- I think thats what I am going to do. Mainly because if lets say the scale started at 255 (old spot) and it shows 211 (old spot) I still lost 44lbs. If it started at 255 (old spot) and it says 214 (new spot) whats to say that if I had started at the new spot my starting weight wouldnt have been 258, you know? So just to be consistent I am going to go back to the old spot and track from there. Either way I have lost 44lbs so far, yay!

ps- The scale at the doctors always show me more too, i take into consideration that I have eaten through out the day, water intake, and clothes...when I weigh in at home its usually naked in the morning so that alone is a few lbs...lol