30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 yesterday & about to do day 2 later today. My butt is definitely feeling those lunges & squats today...Overall its not too bad though since I did about a month of Insanity over the summer so 30DS isn't as intense, but definitely gives me a good burn as well.

Is anyone else incorporating extra workouts with this? I've been power-walking around 2-3 miles in addition to this. I have some of her other workout DVDs too & was thinking about adding those in. Also, have you guys checked out The Ultimate 30DS post? The results from there are amazing!

I am only doing it right now with some random other things like dancing on the kinect. Lol
    The shred is giving me a big time burn!

No, I haven't seen the post. Link?
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today. At first I felt really shakey afterward than fine after a hot shower lol. Now as the day progresses I'm feeling more soreness. I'm afraid to wake up in the morning lol.
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just bought this tonight!! It was all the great feedback on this site that prompted me to, and I can't wait to start it! I have already planned my workouts for this month but I'm wondering if I should ditch my original plans and start this tomorrow?
  • megdet
    megdet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go to a bootcamp that is similar to 30 day shred...at least the type of workout anyway. I go 4 days a week at an hour a time...when i miss a day i usually do a level 3 on 30 day shred. I love Jilian....when you finish the 30 days youll want to do it all over again! Now go be an animal and workout like one :)
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    I was shakey too. I ate a salad with grilled chicken breast and felt better with that and relaxing.

You will prob hurt worse, as I did. But push through tomorrow. You can do it!!
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    I just bought this tonight!! It was all the great feedback on this site that prompted me to, and I can't wait to start it! I have already planned my workouts for this month but I'm wondering if I should ditch my original plans and start this tomorrow?
    w
    Do what you feel is best. Or start this and see if you can handle doing it along with or what you think.
  • nicolebarksdale
    nicolebarksdale Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've used the 30 Day Shred before and it is an awesome workout. You just reminded me to pick it up again -- try pairing it with a 2-mile run or 20-30 minute walk and you've got an awesome workout! I may do it tomorrow!
  • leeza898
    leeza898 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today is Day 4 for me. Not my best today but glad to push myself to finish it. As for the diet, I followed the menu I made but added a cup of choc drizzled popcorn fr Trader Joe's ( 240cal) and 1/2 biscotti as a treat. Yum!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS yesterday and today was day 2! My legs are hurting this morning after it, but i love the burn! This is my first time trying this and i am suprised that I am already feeling the burn!! Love it! I cant wait until Day 30 to see how many pounds and inches I've lost. Its hard to believe 20 minutes of this could do so much, but with all the raves and reviews, I gotta believe it!

30DS'ers feel free to add me for encourgament!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today. At first I felt really shakey afterward than fine after a hot shower lol. Now as the day progresses I'm feeling more soreness. I'm afraid to wake up in the morning lol.

Embrace the soreness...its a GREAT feeling! It means your body is changing....yay!!
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'll say that the first time I heard her say "for those of you at day 5, 6, or 7, you're probably already seeing your endurance improve" ... and I wanted to smack anyone that came near me ... and I wanted to for many days in a row ... but about day 7 ... I *did* see my endurance improve ... so don't give up. Do I like it? No. Do I still want to smack anyone that comes near me when I'm doing this? Yup ... sure do ... but it *IS* working ... so I am not giving up. I'll do day 10 tonight ... and then tomorrow I'll go to Level 2. We'll see how it goes. I've *PROMISED* myself that I won't quit ... so I'm sticking to it ... because I have a cruise as well as a big business function before it coming up ... so I have GOALS. Keep up the good work, all. I'm probably older than most of you ... and it still works quite well. Add me if you'd like (or not as the case may be ... whatever floats your boat).
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    How are we all doing?

My legs and abs are hurting and my quads are making it painful to sit or stand up.
    So worth it though. I love having a constant reminder that I AM making progress.

Day 3 wasn't so bad. It felt easier but at the same time my quads were screamin LOL
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day and it felt great!! I'm going to be hurting tomorrow, but will push through!! She is awesome! I also took measurements so I'm hoping to see some nice changes by day 30. Still cant bring myself to take before pics, though I know I will wish I had. Maybe tomorrow....lol
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did day 3 level 2 and I can tell you that the planks get a little better the more you do them, though, they are still really hard. The plank twists are the hardest. I did level 1 for 8 days and I saw improvement in my strength and endurance, but moved on to level 2 early because those jumping jacks and jump rope were too hard on my knees. I got up to 6days and then, got sick with cold & flu for over a week so I had to take that much time off.

I started level 2 over on Jan 1 to get back my strength and endurance as I lost my momentum when I was sick. It is slowly coming back. The shred is a great workout, but hard, hard, hard!
  • JennyMcD101
    JennyMcD101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i'm on day 3 of level 2 and oh my gosh am i sore! anyway, i was trying to log in my exercise time with this but i have no idea how to do so. what do you guys put in to log your exercise for these videos?
  • ThinMint_Stac
    ThinMint_Stac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    get threw day three and you will feel better!!! Advil helps!!!
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im about to do my 7th dose of level 1. The soreness has subsided for the most part. I started doing the shred with my 5lb weights, realized after day 1 that that was too hard, went down to my 2lbs, and am now going back up to my 5's. Wish me and my sore legs luck
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 of Level 2.

Oh. My. God.

I actually had to stop so many times, I ended up doing the 25 minute video in 35 minutes. I could not keep up with the forward and backward lunges so I had to stop the video, do the reps for a longer time just to match the number, and start again.

What is the plank that they do at the end? What do I need to use for it?
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Only Day 3 & my abs are are aching, especially if I laugh or sneeze...

oh, but the link for the results thread for 30DS is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/600913-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread?hl=The+Ultimate+30&page=15#posts-12569596

I think there was a total of 3 threads for this (quite long, but such great motivation!)

I'm going to have to miss 5 days at the end of this, so should I double up for days? I don't want to quit a few days early, so I want to make up the missed workouts...
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 of level 1. Cheekily weighed myself yesterday and lost 1lb, so measured myself this morning and have lost half an inch from my waist and hips. Its encouraged me to carry on!
    Im trying my best to stick to my 1200 calorie intake, but really struggled yesterday. However today is TTOM so i can be excused for hitting chocolate and pringles yesterday (right?). Im sore today but not as bad as i thought, walking downstairs hurts and laughing or sneezing hurts my abs but other than that i can cope.