Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Wow that last 20 pages started back in November. I did not realize it had been that long.

Have a great evening everyone. Enjoy your Sunday.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thanks for rolling us over Laurie!

oh, and BUMP!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Thanks for rolling us, Laurie!! :happy:
  • makeitpermanent
    makeitpermanent Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling...I failed each day of this first week...I''m thinking why is my will power so weak..why can't I follow the calorie goal...I really want to get back down to 135 this year...how will I do it? Feel like I'm never going to be able to commit to losing this weight ; - ( Need help and motivation
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good job, Laurie!
    NSV today (sort of) - Found this amazing produce-sharing event in town - $10 for roughly 60lbs of good, fresh produce. yum.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    SKINNYJEANSBOUND
    @angelika--glad we have a common goal! While driving home from WI today, I was thinking that I cannot envision myself as a size 8 or 10--I guess b/c I have no frame of reference having never been that small. I almost have a kind of mental block right now that makes me feel like it's ludicrous to think I will ever be smaller than I am right now (in a 12/14). However, at the same time I am completely aware of the fact that I still have PLENTY of excess fat on my body. I guess I will just have to keep working hard to see the results.
    I vaguely remember being a size 10 when I was 10, but most of my adult life was spent as a size 16 until I had a series of health issues and went up to a high of 24W I really want to be a single digit size just to see what it looks and feels like. I am going to make you my official "single digit" goal partner.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone, Well, I guess my biggest success for the week is that I made the decision to restart MFP and came back to this site and all of you wonderful people here. I know that I'll have my ups and downs but being able to share them with you makes things so much easier. I've been able to stay within my calories and have done really well with my water intake. I'm down 4 1/2 pounds since the first which I know is water weight, but it makes me feel so good to know the scale went down instead of up. I still haven't kicked the WII into gear but I'm going to try again in the morning when I get home from work. Working 12 hour night shifts doesn't leave you a lot of time for exercise but I'm going to aim for at least 20 minutes before heading to bed. Then on my days off, I'll try to pick it up a bit. Again, I'm just so happy to be back with you and can't thank you enough for all the encouragement and welcomes I have recieved. Charlotte
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @charlotte--congrats on being back down. Even if it's water weight, it shows your body is adjusting to your increased water intake and letting go of all the "bloat." So happy to have you back with us.

@blturner--I also saw you peek in just before the roll-over! Hope you are back with us as well! :flowerforyou:

@angelika--Yes! We will be partners in this goal!!

@vickie--that's awesome! I;ve thought about doing a produce co-op, but with just me and the hubby, I worry a lot will spoil and go to waste...

Exercise Goals
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (weights and treadmill) DONE
    Tues--walk at zoo DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (treadmill) DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + core (not DONE)
    Fri--walk gunner (not DONE)
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + core
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. 19/22 Failure essays
    3. 21/29 Scarlet Letter Papers
    4. x/48 AP essays
    5. x/11 AP analysis activities
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Saturday success- refound the thread, and have managed to keep breathing. Sinus infections are the worst, wish their was a vaccuum attachment that I could put up my nose to suck all this "yuck" out. In an hour I can take my next dose and am so ready to try and get some sleep. Hope everyone is staying healthy! Can't wait to get caught up on everyone's journey!!
  • jumpy983
    Options
    I am really struggling...I failed each day of this first week...I''m thinking why is my will power so weak..why can't I follow the calorie goal...I really want to get back down to 135 this year...how will I do it? Feel like I'm never going to be able to commit to losing this weight ; - ( Need help and motivation

I felt the same way and I just resolved to be a better tracker, and then to make ONE better choice each day.
    So last night, when I was driving home from work at 12 AM and my boss asked me to bring him back mcdonalds...instead of getting a FULL meal like I normally do, I got a large Fry. Wasn't the best choice, but I logged it and moved on and actually, I was 125 under today. First time in a while that i've been under! But the hardest part for me was to be honest in my tracking. And instead of eating the creamy parmesean dressing like normal, i opted for a lowfat option. And that was a success. So I am happy with a small victory. I hope that helps? I'm certainly rooting for you. One day at a time. You don't have to lose ALL the pounds, you just have to lose ONE pound...and repeat. :)
  • makeitpermanent
    makeitpermanent Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I felt the same way and I just resolved to be a better tracker, and then to make ONE better choice each day.
    So last night, when I was driving home from work at 12 AM and my boss asked me to bring him back mcdonalds...instead of getting a FULL meal like I normally do, I got a large Fry. Wasn't the best choice, but I logged it and moved on and actually, I was 125 under today. First time in a while that i've been under! But the hardest part for me was to be honest in my tracking. And instead of eating the creamy parmesean dressing like normal, i opted for a lowfat option. And that was a success. So I am happy with a small victory. I hope that helps? I'm certainly rooting for you. One day at a time. You don't have to lose ALL the pounds, you just have to lose ONE pound...and repeat. :)

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time out to uplift and encourage me...I am going to start week two one day at a time....and go from there. You are right...it is just one day at a time and I know that I can do it. I've done it before...my problem came when I met my goal and slowly got comfortable again...it took a long hard look in the mirror and the realization that I cannot fit into my old clothes or me to truly and mentally commit...it's all in my mind...I know that I will be able to do it this time around...thank you so much for the encouragement!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Saturday success- refound the thread, and have managed to keep breathing. Sinus infections are the worst, wish their was a vaccuum attachment that I could put up my nose to suck all this "yuck" out. In an hour I can take my next dose and am so ready to try and get some sleep. Hope everyone is staying healthy! Can't wait to get caught up on everyone's journey!!

Hey Sherrie!! So glad you found us again! Are you still doing the Disney Marathon? Or is it a half? I can't remember. Hope your sinuses clear up soon--I absolutely hate trying to run when I'm all stuffed up!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time out to uplift and encourage me...I am going to start week two one day at a time....and go from there. You are right...it is just one day at a time and I know that I can do it. I've done it before...my problem came when I met my goal and slowly got comfortable again...it took a long hard look in the mirror and the realization that I cannot fit into my old clothes or me to truly and mentally commit...it's all in my mind...I know that I will be able to do it this time around...thank you so much for the encouragement!!!

Welcome to the group--you will find all kinds of support and encouragement here! You described my biggest fear--that I will reach my goal and then slide back to unhealthy habits and gain it all back. I've pretty much resolved myself to logging my food and exercise for the rest of my life, and I'm okay with that.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Just putting in my bookmark......hahahahahaha
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning.

@Laurie~Thanks for handling the rollover!

Have training session first thing, IT bands beyond sore from massage. I'm sure that's going to make for a fun running segment during my session. Be back later to catch up and for Sunday Share.

Kelley
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I will get back on later to chat :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm a bit sad b/c it's my last day off and I still have way too much grading. :cry: However, being sad won't get the work done, so I guess I will get ready for the gym and get my butt out the door.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great to hear how many people have nearly got rid of their holiday 'bump'. By the end of Jan it will be a distant memory! I'm still going a little funky, going a bit over nearly every day, and eating all the wrong things. But it will all be back to normal soon.

@Ang -- I love that profile photo! Look how far you've come! That's just amazing. I'm still in a bit of a post-Christmas funk; I do think I need the excess sugar and salt out of my system.
    @Kaye -- well done on the stair climbing! Make sure you build that up slowly.
    @Kristen -- maybe if you don't think of it as dieting? I still don't really think of it as dieting. I try to keep taking exercise and challenging myself, and I make sure to log what I eat. Then, I eat whatever I like. Of course I know what the target is and try to stick to it, but it's a target, not a requirement for me. If I'm hungry, I'll eat more.
    @Kelley -- love all these articles you link to. I'm not surprised that MFP is Yahoo's favourite free program, because it's so good and also free!
    @Susan -- I think you're so right about realising that I'm going to have to keep working on this for the whole of the rest of my life.
    @Karen -- I am really looking forward to being able to 'shop out of my closet'. It's so long since I've weighed this little that I hardly had anything saved, so picking up bags of stuff like this is really good for me. There are three pairs of casual trousers in dark colours. None of them quite fit at the moment but give it a month or two!
    @Toots -- that is an awesome NSV!
    @Holly -- I've been amazed by how little of something is enough to satisfy me, especially when it's a sweet treat at the end of a meal.
    @MaraDiaz -- hope you did lace up those shoes and get out for your workout!
    @Nicole -- I'm glad your chap is trying to do better! Healthy pizza and a nice walk both sound good.
    @Liz -- Oh, it's awful when family mess you about like this. I bet your sister must have been feeling really desperate about her bills, but she must know you need the money as much as her.

The trip to my friend's house worked out really well -- she had lots of nice things including some perfectly ordinary clothes that I'm very pleased not to have to buy . So I brought home two big bags of stuff.

Friday Fitness! Well done to everyone for their fitness work this week, especially all the people who are just getting started and dragging out the Wii fit.

So last week's plan was:

Saturday -- 5k parkrun in the morning, badminton in the afternoon DONE
    Sunday -- badminton DONE plus lots of rather tedious shopping.
    Monday -- I'd like to do a long run in the morning, then partying. Nope -- dancemat DONE
    Tuesday -- probably a rest day cos will have hangover. Might do some dancemat. Long run DONE.
    Wednesday -- speedwork and badminton - Badminton DONE
    Thursday -- badminton if I can book it, and maybe a longish run -- just a speedwork run DONE and strength.
    Friday -- badminton if I can book it, and a long run if I don't do one Thursday. Two hours of badminton DONE, plus a couple of miles of walking -- the hobbits are eating supper on the first day.
    Plus three strength workouts -- oops, one and a half. Still need to work on that.

Next week:

Saturday -- 5k parkrun in the morning, Morris dancing in the evening (the Wassail). DONE
    Sunday -- badminton though only an hour. DONE
    Monday -- badminton including coaching, plus an easy jog down to meet my friend and have a walk round the reservoir and a pub lunch. Then a jog or walk home depending on how I'm feeling.
    Tuesday -- long run in theory though the weather forecast is for rain. I'm busy in the evening so whatever happens has to happen in the morning.
    Wednesday -- badminton or a long run depending on the weather.
    Thursday -- speedwork
    Friday -- badminton
    And three, count them three, strength workouts.

Saturday success -- I broke my 5k PB again -- this time I did the run in 42:50 which is way faster. That's got me to Stock Road outside Hobbiton.

Sunday share -- well, we had free screening tickets to see Wreck-It Ralph this morning and we all really liked it! That was a super good freebie, and a much better film that I was suspecting.

**whew** I have been so busy! Anyway, back up to date now.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

-- Alison