i dont get it

Options

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

because that all or nothing attitude is how many people got into this unhealthy mess in the first place. For some people little changes at a time will lead to bigger changes in the long run and over all healthier living. I bet I am way healthier with my diet coke daily and my otherwise vegetarian diet, and daily working out than someone who tries nothing healthy in their day because they already had artificial creamer in their coffee so they eat crap the rest of the day/
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have concluded that you are correct. You do not get it.

:flowerforyou:

/thread
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Says we're not fully committed.

Adds endless Quick Added Calories entries to her diary.

Derp.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    "Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, children's ice cream. You know when fluoridation first began? Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works." -Dr. Strangelove

For Swanny
  • amili045
    Options
    This is why it is called MY fitness pal, because MY commitment is not the same as yours. MY commitment is based on MY lifestyle, MY income, MY ability and MY motivation. Please don't let YOUR standards measure MY actions.

F-YEAH!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You can't be bothered to log for accuracy and accountability, but you are somehow better than the people who take accountability and log the good with the bad.

It's a rare occassion when someone outs themselves for their own ignorance. Thank you for revealing yourself to us today. From here on out, I will be ignoring you. Why? Because I can't be bothered to read anymore of your BS! Have a lovely day!

END! THREAD! You win the internet today!
  • amili045
    Options
    Says we're not fully committed.

Adds endless Quick Added Calories entries to her diary.

Derp.

hahahaha
  • Ok, I'm 22 and also on a journey. My key is moderation. I had a kit kat today, it was yummy.

Fluoride in the water being dangerous is a load of rubbish. Australian water is fluoridised and considering myself and many, many others I know have been drinking it our whole lives without negative repercussions, I'll stick with it. And enjoy my nice teeth.

EDITED: Because I'm 22 now :P
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've seen... first of all you have DIET COKE in your diary. What a hypocrite! Second of all, I bet half those quick added calories are McDonalds..

I'm enjoying a nice diet Dr. Pepper at the moment, ahhh... poison tastes yummy.
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mjp5U.gif
  • mich7500
    Options
    I think many people just don't know how to eat healthy. There have been so many different discoveries about what is good, what is bad, and then reports change soon after. Though everybody has different issues, it is all about sharing what works for the individual. I have to admit I felt like you when I used to go to Spark Points. Saw a lot of total junk food being touted as healthy.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Your entire argument went out the window when you had a diet coke. Way worse than Splenda. Now nothing you said makes any sense. I think you might be on meth.
  • amili045
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

because that all or nothing attitude is how many people got into this unhealthy mess in the first place. For some people little changes at a time will lead to bigger changes in the long run and over all healthier living. I bet I am way healthier with my diet coke daily and my otherwise vegetarian diet, and daily working out than someone who tries nothing healthy in their day because they already had artificial creamer in their coffee so they eat crap the rest of the day/

best answer!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    In regards to this thread:

aintgottime_zps2fbf1d87.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    While I have nothing of use to contribute to this thread at this time, I'm very interested in learning more about the topic at hand and needed a convenient way to "bookmark" this page to read later (in case I am distracted in my initial attempts to read through all 7+ pages). This post, while admittedly contributing nothing to the thread, is my way of accomplishing this. Perhaps if I am able to read through everything posted so far, and have something to contribute then, I may edit to make it a more meaningful post.

(I was just going to post "in", perhaps accompanied by a witty observation about my expectations for the post based on my reading of only OP and some of page one, but didn't want anyone to misunderstand my intentions (as may or may not have happened previously in my time on MFP).)
  • cbormac
    cbormac Posts: 19
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zpsb00dd14e.png

hahahahaha, cant stop laughing...
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Since I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, you may want to research orthorexia.
  • granni87
    granni87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

i think drinking in moderation is perfectly fine... for example, instead of me drinking a 24 case of corona, now i try to end it at a 12 pack :)
This discussion has been closed.