i dont get it

Options

Replies

• SkinnyNails
    Options
    I discovered over 20 years ago that Nutra Sweet gives me a weird headache and now Spenda does the same. I avoid them as much as I can. Sometimes I get the headache, check the food I ate, and sure enough it had one of them. Anything that gives you a headache can't be good for you. I use as little sugar as possible and I love honey.

I don't believe anyone is saying that Splenda is 100% harmless. Is it a better alternative than regular sugar? For the person that is trying to break a 2 liter a day Mountain Dew habit, I would say it is a better alternative. For someone like myself that rarely drinks soda, has learned to drink her coffee unsweetened, and is not big on sweets, then maybe Splenda really won't make that big of a difference.

It's all about making better choices. Better choices that are maintainable and will fit into our lifestyles.

Should any of this give the OP the raging case of butthurt that it seems to? No. I would love to see the OP after she has a few kids, a husband, a full time job and all of the commitments that come along with them. A trip to McD's or the friday night pizza goes a long way in maintaining sanity. I am no good to my family if I am skinny but also a raging lunatic.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,031 Member
    Options
    the Sun can cause cancer so i hope you spend every moment outside in one of these.

NBC_SUIT_01.png80382b98-7b88-47f8-80d9-0e8994ac7696Large.jpg
    Those suits protect you from the sun but endanger you in case of flatulence. Be afraid.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    35ndnhz.gif
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    "Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, children's ice cream. You know when fluoridation first began? Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works." -Dr. Strangelove

For Swanny

:heart:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    maybe the OP macguyver'd a homemade diet coke?.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    24527061.jpg

Rather stupid and irresponsible image to post, given the Op has an eating disorder, don't you think?
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    No OP, you don't get it. That may stem from your "mental illness". My way worked for me, your way may work for you. To each their own. In the end it won't matter...yes, we will all come to our end. Mine will be filled with Splenda, and bacon, and wine, and without guilt or regret.
  • minihaha80
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

So, basically, if we aren't going to be perfect than we shouldn't try to improve our health?

That is quite possibly the stupidest logic I've ever heard.

Thank you, nuff said!
  • amili045
    Options
    Ok, lol I think she's gotten the point as there have been no responses for a while...so lets start something new
  • queencat3
    Options
    I can’t tell you how relieved I am to know that my success is not dependent on your opinion! Please worry about your own journey and let others worry about theirs!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Ok, lol I think she's gotten the point as there have been no responses for a while...so lets start something new

Won't happen, humans like attacking others by nature, long after everyone else has had a jab, like so many vultures trying to tear the last bits of meat off a long decaying carcass.
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It must be difficult being so perfect and all....
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)

thats actually because almost everything i eat is home made and i cant be bothered to list out every single ingrediant. i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

You "can't be bothered" to enter recipes when you are so concerned about nutrition? I've entered all my homemade recipes into MFP so that would know my nutrient levels at the end of the day. And yes, I consume Splenda. I've done the research and made a conscious decision to continue doing so.
  • amili045
    Options

Won't happen, humans like attacking others by nature, long after everyone else has had a jab, like so many vultures trying to tear the last bits of meat off a long decaying carcass.

how poetic
  • amili045
    Options
    :

how poetic
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    Doesn't bother me any whatever. Ill just continue to talk to my friends, none of who have any type of ed, who feel the same. So just curious, what's their problem then?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me any whatever. Ill just continue to talk to my friends, none of who have any type of ed, who feel the same. So just curious, what's their problem then?

that they have you as a friend.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    One of them is like 12 and started a thread on Tea fasting, another is deathly thin.

But you carry on.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

They probably, LIKE YOU, spend too much time worrying about everyone else.
  • No-one here has blamed that on your ED at all.... you're the one that keeps doing that.
This discussion has been closed.