If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

Options

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs, too, but I'd rather have the strength from squats and lunges than skinny legs :) Just personal preference I guess.

Yup.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    This is my goal....

Oh Coco...that booty..... ;P

3434-coco-working-out.jpg

This just makes me want to smack someone.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I really like reading the forums on here, but it is really disheartening when so many people are negative and just plain rude. If you don't agree with the post, politely say so or don't respond at all. I liked this post because I have bigger thighs and calves and I've been worried about making them bigger or keeping them the same size when I start working out. This isn't because I want to fit some "barbie image" but because I would like to be able to fit proportionally in jeans and boots. (Especially boots, my calves have always been to large for boots and I really want to slim my calve so they will fit!)

What most of us are trying to say is that you don't need to worry about that. Check out my pics, I have a before and after in there.
    My thighs used to rub and chafe when I ran. Standing with my feet shoulder width apart, my legs touched a considerable amount. After lifting heavy along with cardio, my legs are much smaller and no longer touch when standing shoulder width apart ( not a thigh gap, I will never have a thigh gap) or rub when I run. Plus they are nicely shaped and much firmer. Something I did not achieve when I was running only.
    I also had the problem with calves and boots and have no issues now.
    There is a lot of benefit to strength training. If that's not what someone wants to do, fine, but most of us are trying to make people like yourself understand that strength training is not the devil, it won't make your legs get bigger so you can choose your course with information.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Wow Coco is my hero. Look at that sweet form in her exquisite lucite heels!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I trained for a half marathon and didn't do strength training and my calves just got bigger and bigger. In december I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and they shrunk in just 4 weeks. Different things probably work for different people, but I think that toned look is much sexier than skinny legs.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I remember it as if it were only yesterday... I was in Heaven waiting in the Thigh Gap line, which was as long as the line for the ladies room on nickel beer night and I really just wanted to get the being born part over already so I said, "Screw it, I'm moving over to Thicker Thighs and Big Booty... it was a ghost town over there and God was like, "Here you go. You'll thank me later." He was so right, that God! I call his name sometimes when I'm busy enjoying them.

This is probably one of the best responses I have ever read on this site.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    This is my goal....

Oh Coco...that booty..... ;P

3434-coco-working-out.jpg

This just makes me want to smack someone.

Like, on the butt?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I remember it as if it were only yesterday... I was in Heaven waiting in the Thigh Gap line, which was as long as the line for the ladies room on nickel beer night and I really just wanted to get the being born part over already so I said, "Screw it, I'm moving over to Thicker Thighs and Big Booty... it was a ghost town over there and God was like, "Here you go. You'll thank me later." He was so right, that God! I call his name sometimes when I'm busy enjoying them.

BeavisAndButthead.gif
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Awesome. Gotta work what'cha got ;) Love my booteh!
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    God the people on this site can be total douches sometimes. If it works for her, more power to her. Not every female who wants to be in shape WANTS to look like a female Terminator. You can be healthy & toned without being a body builder. At the same time, if that is what works for you, more power to you... but it doesn't make the OP wrong for wanting natural tone from elliptical & jogging instead of super cut, bulked up thighs.
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

LOL
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I also had a trainer tell me to lay off the leg weights and just do cardio

funny. i had a trainer tell me that as well.

right after he complimented me on how much i had slimmed down.

in between my sets barbell squats where i was lifting a weight close to my weight. he also complimented me on my squat form so i know he saw me lifting all that weight

i laughed in his face because of the obvious contradictions

PS i'm an endomesorph too so i can really pack on the size if i wanted. in fact it's something i did when i played sports. i can confirm that the main difference in training in getting slimmer and gaining size has more to do with what you're eating than how you're training.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I am a mesomorph and I develop leg muscles very quickly

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I'm sure you do op. sure you do.

Worst thread of 2013 so far.
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Options

• Lissette_Brooks
    Options

LEGIT LMFAO!!!!!!!

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    God the people on this site can be total douches sometimes. If it works for her, more power to her. Not every female who wants to be in shape WANTS to look like a female Terminator. You can be healthy & toned without being a body builder. At the same time, if that is what works for you, more power to you... but it doesn't make the OP wrong for wanting natural tone from elliptical & jogging instead of super cut, bulked up thighs.

LOL

Lifting heavy weights does NOT make you look like a female terminator.
    <
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    OP probably didn't experience much atrophy unless she was maintaining too large of a deficit.

While I am not supporting total avoidance of resistance training, all OP was doing was preferentially training smaller, slow-twitch type 1 muscle fibers which are more oxidative than the fast-twitch type 2's utilized more heavily in resistance training. Think marathon runner versus sprinter. Marathon runners are not known for their rippling physiques, but they are incredibly fit for their specialization just like a Crossfitter is incredibly fit for theirs. No Crossfitter is going to run a marathon without proper training and they would see a reduction in T2 fibers if they were to undergo a biopsy.

OP isn't going to have muscular, defined thighs like the Crossfitters or Figure/BB physiques because she doesn't train that way. She probably looks more like an aerobics instructor or marathoner...slender with little muscle definition but probably not unshapely in any way.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs (21.5) and big calves (14.5) and I want them to look like Erin Sterns in this picture. My calves are already pretty good looking but I need to work on my thighs.

erinstern_zps734a3597.jpg

Please tell me you're like, 4ft tall? When did 21.5" thighs become thick? What are the categories *over* thick? Asking for a friend.

it's thick if your hips are slimmer than 43". "thickness" is about how it looks, not the measurements themselves. it's not like people have to run around with tape measures to prove how thick their legs look :laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I agree.

LOL

Lifting heavy weights does NOT make you look like a female terminator.
    <

quoting for truth. I have never ever been accused of looking beefy or burly . . . I have been accused of having awesome legs and being smack assable though.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs (21.5) and big calves (14.5) and I want them to look like Erin Sterns in this picture. My calves are already pretty good looking but I need to work on my thighs.

erinstern_zps734a3597.jpg

Please tell me you're like, 4ft tall? When did 21.5" thighs become thick? What are the categories *over* thick? Asking for a friend.

it's thick if your hips are slimmer than 43". "thickness" is about how it looks, not the measurements themselves. it's not like people have to run around with tape measures to prove how thick their legs look :laugh:

would you consider a 25" waist paired with 20" thighs thick? since we're going by some arbitrary proportioning here.