If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

Options

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm blessed with naturally large thighs...if that's how you're calling it. I was 220# not long ago...my thighs were *really* large then. Amazing how when you take off some body fat they just kinda start to slim out. Slowly...slowly.
    I'm the proud owner of 23" thighs right now...just this week I squatted 175-185#...and some random guy at the gym told my husband he was gonna hit on me (he didn't know I was married) and started to describe how "nice" he thought my legs were (in great detail). Total NSV, for sure. At any rate - I don't do cardio. I keep my legs nice and eh hem, "big" by squatting, deadlifting, doing weighted lunges...you know...all that weight lifting crap. And if they get bigger - so be it...but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to get much bigger, it's just a matter of fat coming off before I can have Erin Stern's or Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet's awesome legs.
    IMG_3696.jpg
    You are my girl crush.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

I remember it as if it were only yesterday... I was in Heaven waiting in the Thigh Gap line, which was as long as the line for the ladies room on nickel beer night and I really just wanted to get the being born part over already so I said, "Screw it, I'm moving over to Thicker Thighs and Big Booty... it was a ghost town over there and God was like, "Here you go. You'll thank me later." He was so right, that God! I call his name sometimes when I'm busy enjoying them.

LOL Right!!!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yep god definitely gave me these thighs and I've never done a squat in my life...
  • hurrigirl74
    Options
    ahhhh I LOVE THIS!
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You do what you need to do.

I'm gonna stick with squatting and deadlifting my way to perfection.

Big thighs and all.

All women should have this mentality.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    mesomorph. I thought this post was about an X-men.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I found out the key for myself to get the nice muscular lean legs that I've always wanted. I am a mesomorph and I develop leg muscles very quickly, but my upper body is very weak.

I learned to do absolutely no leg exercises and now my legs look awesome. My legs always looked fat to me. I tried the lunges, squats, etc. and my legs would just look fatter. A personal trainer told me to stop and just get my leg workouts from jogging, elliptical, etc. I did it and now my thighs are 20 inches and I can fit into my jeans. I love it!

Just throwing this out there for women who have genetically enhanced legs.
    I've trained clients who were mesomorphs with big legs with weight training for legs and their legs slimmed down too. It will depend on what goal one will want to reach. Some may just want to get into jeans. Others may want "harder" looking legs in bikini's. One size doesn't fit all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I have nice hard looking legs also. I look great in a bikini. It worked for me and I'm so happy that I stopped squatting and dead lifting.

I'm 41 too. I think people are just jealous.

Why would anyone be jealous? - you are a blue person.

Oh, and I am 45 - so?

41, and not jealous
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Yep god definitely gave me these thighs and I've never done a squat in my life...

oh, you!
  • katenczy
    Options
    thanks for your posting. Makes sense, and I will consider your advice when exercising.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    hmmm. I think normally i'd jump in and say that weighlifting don't make you bulky. But i have noticed my flat bum is now deliciously round thanks to squats and DL's.

I still think i'd rather have muscular legs with no body fat than have skinny-fat legs.

But that's just me.

I don't have skinny legs. They are gorgeous and muscular. 20 inch thighs...sexy...

Well..why not show us. Put up some picts of those legs....AFTER you take a break and learn not to take things so personally and start calling those with opposing views names...okay...good :)

hey, when people are rude to me, I will defend myself as I respect myself ok?

I gave you my stats. I don't want to post pics of myself on the internet for privacy reasons.

34B - 26 - 36
    20 inch thighs
    5'8"
    mesomorph build with a bit of ecto.

You can picture it.

Why do you keep saying you are a meso? From a frame' perspective - you are ecto based on those stats.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    The OP isn't saying to lie in bed, bind your legs and let them atrophy. She's still giving them a workout. People on this thread are pretty judgmental. Everyone has their own ideal of beauty, and her wanting slimmer thighs isn't wrong.

totally...women are jealous catty itches here! I reached my fitness goals and I look dang good! I'm 41, and would be proud to wear a bikini on the beach...no flabby bits.

Okay, this is where I get serious and tell you to take a break from the internet. When you start resorting to name calling - you need to press the red x at the top right.

:flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Lifting = swelling = not fat = know wtf your body does
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm blessed with naturally large thighs...if that's how you're calling it. I was 220# not long ago...my thighs were *really* large then. Amazing how when you take off some body fat they just kinda start to slim out. Slowly...slowly.
    I'm the proud owner of 23" thighs right now...just this week I squatted 175-185#...and some random guy at the gym told my husband he was gonna hit on me (he didn't know I was married) and started to describe how "nice" he thought my legs were (in great detail). Total NSV, for sure. At any rate - I don't do cardio. I keep my legs nice and eh hem, "big" by squatting, deadlifting, doing weighted lunges...you know...all that weight lifting crap. And if they get bigger - so be it...but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to get much bigger, it's just a matter of fat coming off before I can have Erin Stern's or Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet's awesome legs.
    IMG_3696.jpg

You were 220 lbs? WOW you look great! Are you following a specific weight lifting program like Jamie Eason's Live Fit or you just doing your own thing? I'd love to squat what you are squating. I hate not having a lifting partner at the gym when I want to go up in weight but not sure if I need a spot.

Oh and that's a great NSV. What was your husbands reaction to that guy telling him how great you looked?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    thanks for your posting. Makes sense, and I will consider your advice when exercising.

Hopefully not the OP's advice as it is terrible advice.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would rather have muscular thighs than skinny thighs.

me too... I have beautiful muscular thighs
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    God didn't give me anything, LOL. My genes did.
  • serapi
    Options
    IMG_3696.jpg

you look fantastic...honestly. I'm not against women having different fitness goals.
  • serapi
    Options
    hmmm. I think normally i'd jump in and say that weighlifting don't make you bulky. But i have noticed my flat bum is now deliciously round thanks to squats and DL's.

I still think i'd rather have muscular legs with no body fat than have skinny-fat legs.

But that's just me.

I don't have skinny legs. They are gorgeous and muscular. 20 inch thighs...sexy...

Well..why not show us. Put up some picts of those legs....AFTER you take a break and learn not to take things so personally and start calling those with opposing views names...okay...good :)

I gave you my stats. I don't want to post pics of myself on the internet for privacy reasons.

34B - 26 - 36
    20 inch thighs
    5'8"

You can picture it.

Nah..I'll just ogle Saurak's picts. This is a woman that knows her stuff and backs it up every time - not just with pictures - but with other proof as well. :D

Plus, if someone disagrees, she doesn't start calling them names..she's mature-ish like that :D

Funny, I haven't seen a lot of maturity on this thread from others.
  • serapi
    Options

But that's just me.

34B - 26 - 36
    20 inch thighs
    5'8"

You can picture it.

Why do you keep saying you are a meso? From a frame' perspective - you are ecto based on those stats.

Nope...my dominant is meso. I have a body frame very similar (in appearance) to Jennifer Aniston. I am not as hot as her though :)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I found out the key for myself to get the nice muscular lean legs that I've always wanted. I am a mesomorph and I develop leg muscles very quickly, but my upper body is very weak.

I learned to do absolutely no leg exercises and now my legs look awesome. My legs always looked fat to me. I tried the lunges, squats, etc. and my legs would just look fatter. A personal trainer told me to stop and just get my leg workouts from jogging, elliptical, etc. I did it and now my thighs are 20 inches and I can fit into my jeans. I love it!

Just throwing this out there for women who have genetically enhanced legs.

I'd like to know what your legs were before you stopped working them out. Because mine are 21 and I don't think mine are big at all. And I'm 5'1'' I LOVE my big thighs/@ss, and so do a LOT of other people :wink: