5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

wow! you just inspired me. i thought for sure i was stuck with all my flab but you look fantastic!
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"! Now about 124 pounds. I fluctuate in weight a lot--started off here around 138 lbs, then went down to around 113, then back up and down. Trying to maintain at approx. 120 I guess. Anyone can befriend me if you'd like.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    well done Ninja Rach that is great :smile:
  • redstampede
    Options
    Its nice to meet others who are my height and have the same issues of being shorter. :)
    I'm 5'3, been here for about 4 months. I haven't lost as much as I'd like because of zigzagging and not exercising consistently. Luckily, I've been able to maintain my weight with only 3-4 pound fluctuations.

Starting weight: 157
    CW: 151
    GW: 130
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller (5'5") but started at 170...something. I found that sticking to ~1500 calories a day and *consistent* exercise has been the only way to get the scale moving for me.

It's taken about a year and a half of measured but not really aggressive exercise and food logging to take off ~40 pounds. I also found that I would hit a plateau every 10 pounds or so and of course, the closer to the goal, the slower the weight loss.

I've plateaued again right around 135 which is fine for me - with my body shape/type I could stand to lose 5-10 more (or swap out the fat with more muscle!).
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    5'3" here. After having my 3rd son in 2009, I weighed 175lbs. At the start of 2012, I weighed 159lbs after yo-yo dieting. Last year I started working out and eating clean now I'm at 141lbs and have lost 7% body fat.

My WL story is on my blog. I'm still looking to lose 10 - 15 more lbs but have been at a plateau for a while. I'm now eating more veggies and less starchy carbs to help fix that.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WendyFitMom/view/how-i-m-becoming-a-clean-lean-momma-pics-week-27-update-296731

Great job!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

AMAZING RESULTS. I'm still in the get to goal phase! I'm 5' 3" and originally was 158.6 lbs got as low as 127lbs now I'm working my way back down.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    SW: 168lbs
    CW: 136.6lbs
    GW: 128lbs

I think i would be happy with my shape at around 128lbs. I don't want to end up super skinny, my goal is too look strong and have muscle definition so I will not know what weight that will be until i get near it.

I am verrrrry top heavy so I don't think I would be able to get down to 110-120lbs to be honest. I wanted to loose some of this and it was part of my motivation. I have lost a littel but to be honest I thought my books might have shrunk a little bit more.

I still have a good 9lbs ish to loose so perhaps I might get to lose a little more without resorting to a breast reduction. Fingers crossed!
  • laurenc42
    laurenc42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 4" After my daughter was born I weighed 225 lbs. I got down to 135. This Christmas I put 10 pounds back. So I've started again I've lost a couple pounds so far. I work in a warehouse and am very muscular, I'm aiming for 125. That will be 100 pounds from 2 and half years ago.
    If I can do this,I think anyone can. You've got this.
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    What a great model "kdiamond" is for weight training. Hope I can get a similar outcome.
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 & Started at 185 lb weight now I'm 161lbs 23 lbs lost:) Everyone looks great. ru9qc8.jpg
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5"3 shortie also. Started October 20, 20ll at 290 pounds. Was age 57 then.

I've had both knees replaced and bulging discs.

Of course, now I'm another year older (58) but 122 pounds less. I currently weigh 168 pounds. I've got 23 pounds to go to my goal weight and I will reassess at that time.

Shorties UNITE and let's rock and roll it to a healthier us!
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". Started my weight less journey August 2011 @ 213 lbs. Hit a plateau in February 2012 @ 170 lbs.
    Restarted December 29 2012 @ 184 lbs. My current weight is 177.8 per scale at doctor's office. My official weigh in's are every Saturday morning.

SW: 213
    CW: 177
    GW: 150
  • selabella25
    selabella25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends!

Stats:
    Height 5"2.5
    SW 140
    CW 130
    GW 120
    UGW 115

I started at 140 in January 2012 and was fortunate enough to have a co-worker drag me outside for daily jogs. I started off walking/complaining and now I am training for my second 1/2 marathon. At my best i got down to 120 (June 2012) and felt amazing. Shortly after, I hurt my knee jogging downhill and stopped running- I also stopped tracking my food. I showed up to the gym a couple times a month swearing this was the start of me returning fulltime, then the holidays rolled around and here we are today at 130 with an unsightly tire around my waist (my stomach and thighs carry all my weight).

This week I have worked out 3 times and have been eating clean all week. I feel great and hope to reach my goal weight by May and my ultimate weight by Oct.

Lessons learned:
    This is not about a diet, this is a lifestyle change
    I can eat whatever I want- in moderations
    I need to work out 6 days a week because my body takes care of me

Keep tracking your progress friends and good luck!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

SW 158lbs 10/1/12
    CW 150lbs 1/1/13
    GW 125lbs 5/1/13
    UGW 115lbs 8/4/13

I used mfp to lose 15lbs for my wedding in august 2011. I loved it, got there quickly, and then I stopped. I just stopped. I relaxed and went into the 2011 holidays and gained 10lbs back. the extra 8 came over the last year. I started tracking more regularly and the weight gain stopped and the pounds started coming off again.

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and he has lost 30lbs since 10/1/12 (He worked 4months at a distribution center moving 60lb boxes for 10hrs.) He cut out all soda (YEAH!!! Personal pet peeve for me.) He is 2lbs from his goal weight!!! So very proud of him. Now I need to catch up to my goal weight and then we are going to be fine tuning together. We have a water park we want to go to this upcoming summer unless I am preggers. I want to look smokin' in a bikini again and not feel the need to suck it in. I have 3 weddings this summer as well and I want to be able to go into a store and buy anything because it fits the way I want it to.

I have gotten together with several co-workers on here, but I could use all the support I can get!
  • KDCrocker
    KDCrocker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Krysta813
    Krysta813 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and 5' 3" and have been overweight my entire life. My highest weight was somewhere close to 230. I am currently 203 looking to get down to about 135 give or take, I'll decide that when I get closer. Feel free to add me for support, ideas, and motivation. This is my first day back on mfp (tried it before) and I'm excited to hit my goal weight hopefully this year!
  • ixia82
    ixia82 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" (160 cm) with starting weight of 126 pounds (57 kg) - I know it doesn't sound much but I have an extra small frame and people usually don't notice my extra fat when I'm dressed. Summers are a different story :D
    I started using MFP and exercise a month ago. It's nice to know that there are other girls/women with same height :)

Big hello from Croatia! :)
  • NattieJoan
    Options
    Hey I'm 178 lb wanting to loose 52 lb, feel free to add me (:
  • Freedom125
    Freedom125 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3", 27 years old. Started at 197, now at 187. I think my ultimate goal is around 120, but we'll see when I get there. My interim goals are 168 - overweight BMI category, and 140 - healthy BMI.

Feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!