Options
    So true !
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

A bit of both. I am a meso pair shaped girl. I have no boobs :)

I'd love to have bigger boobs!!!
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing. NO ONE has the right to say that another human being cannot be a body type.

I am curvy. Call me fat, lardy, whatever you like, I still have curves.

You can call yourself lean, slim, skinny etc and as soon as anyone uses any term NEAR derogatory people are up in arms.

At the end of the day people are all people, a lot of people have feelings and don't like snidey comments.

I have come to the conclusion that some people really do need to grow up and take a massive reality check.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I find the whole Skinny VS Curvy very damaging. Trying to make bigger women feel better by criticising thin women is no better than thin women criticising bigger women. NO ONE BODY IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER! Also this whole thing that all men "prefer" bigger women and anyone who doesn't is a dog who likes bones, is ridiculous. People are attracted to different things. Women shouldn't be dividing themselves into teams of "Skinny" and " Curvy" and pitting against one another, we should all be on the same team of acceptance and self love!

I agree with you. Body-shaming of ANY kind is inappropriate...just because a women is skinny doesn't make her less feminine.

And for those of you saying 'FIT', what do you define as a FIT body? Just curious.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lplhp9OEE91qgm07so1_500_zps2fc5f902.jpg

The last girl is curvy!

So is the middle. She has a decent sized rack and a waist that is much narrower than her hips.

The middle is curvy, the last would probably be considered overweight by a BMI chart.

True! And this doesn't mean that the one on the right isn't perfectly beautiful and sexy...it just means that by modern standards & guidelines she would be at a higher risk of developing certain conditions and diseases.

LOVE YOURSELVES, girls...whatever way you're naturally built is the way you will ALWAYS be built, there is no escaping it.

I'd love to have big boobs and a big bum and a small waist.

But instead I have a small bum, small boobs and a big waist!

What can ya do? :laugh:

I agree, the middle girl is curvy.
    I think she is more curvy than the girl on the right. You don't have to be big to be curvy. If you chest and hips are similar, and your waist is much smaller, then thats curvy, whether you are a size 2 or a size 20
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just want a body that will let me run a Half Marathon without injuring myself. A body I feel comfortable in, that looks good in clothing I want. I don't care if I am flat, curvy, whatever. I don't care if I have a bit of loose skin, or if I loose my boobs (I can buy those if I am really put off by it :D )

In all Honesty, I just want to be happy. I am going to take what body I can get! :D
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I prefer not to put women into categories that is going to make one or the other or both feel badly about themselves, personally. Love your body!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i am skinny, and i prefer it this way.
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just want to look good naked !

^^^^^ THIS! This is all I'm striving for these days.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm a thin curvy person. AKA I'm fairly thin but have hips and a waist since that's my bone structure.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

I'd prefer to be both. Right now I'm more curvy than skinny. My weight and BF% are both at the high end of healthy so I'm okay with that, but I'd like to drop them a little more. It's just so hard with a desk job!

But I think women can be beautiful without being curvy. I want to be curvy because I've always been curvy, even when I was skinny. It's who I am, so that's what I want to be. I stopped wishing for someone else's figure many years ago.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She was a complete freak of nature, that's why she was who she was.. and that's why she's been dead so long and people are still talking about her. Nothing about her was "normal".

How is she a complete freak of nature? They're talking about her body, not her in general.

She had a beautiful shape, but she is hardly the only woman with that shape. My measurements are similar. If I were at my thinnest (and at one point, I was), I would be right about there. My waist is consistently, at every size, 12 inches smaller than my equal bust and hip measurements.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.

I have no idea if that is true or not, but I am 5'5" and when I was young I weighed about 112-115 lbs and wore a US size 7. I seriously doubt Marilyn Monroe ever wore a US size 2. She had too much hips for it.
  • serapi
    Options

you look nice and curvy to me!
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a very curvy body type.. So, that won't change, but I'd love to be more fit - at my ideal weight, BMI.
  • serapi
    Options
    I just notice that a lot of women seem to think that being curvy is another way of saying "overweight". I think Victoria Secrets models are super curvey.

Curves are curves...thin or not...
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.

I have no idea if that is true or not, but I am 5'5" and when I was young I weighed about 112-115 lbs and wore a US size 7. I seriously doubt Marilyn Monroe ever wore a US size 2. She had too much hips for it.

She had a tiny waist....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She had a tiny waist....
    Her hips were tiny, too. They were just bigger than her waist.

I'm 5'3" and at 115 pounds (and a similar build to Marilyn) and at 115 pounds, I am a size 3, US.
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options

She had a tiny waist....
    Her hips were tiny, too. They were just bigger than her waist.

I'm 5'3" and at 115 pounds (and a similar build to Marilyn) and at 115 pounds, I am a size 3, US.

I get that. i just stated she had a tiny waist because thats how she could have been a size 2.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

you look nice and curvy to me!

well i do have naturally "curvy" structure but I am overall skinny. i am really happy it's like that-nobody wants a 12 year old boy's body. but i don't call myself curly because of my lack of boobies.