You can NOT get it fast....

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

Make ONE choice today and stick with it.

If you want it fast, it will not last. :flowerforyou:

What an awesome post! I especially like this part. I see a lot of posts where people want it fast and can't understand why it isn't melting off because they really really want it to, and fail to take accountability for choices they make.
    Congratulations on your weight loss and new life outlook :)

thanks! I was reading through the entire thread last night and saw that everyone that posted to me (with 1 exception) has lost MORE weight since 06/09!

I love the fact we are takign our time, changing our lives, and LIVING it!

This was a reminder to ME that I must continue with the healthy lifestyle that got me here.

You all ROCK!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    great post and great saying
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    arewethereyet, I love what you said about exercise being a muscle relaxer! It's so true!! Joints too! Before I was working out recently, my back was soo stiff and I could never pop it like I used to... now I just turn and it pops beautifully & it feels so loosey goosey! I LOVE it. I feel amazing. :)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Right now the only thing "fast" in my life is my car. I've been losing about a pound a week- it's not coming off as quick as I'd like but I'm in it for the long haul. I'd rather take my time and do it right, than to meet my goal (150 lbs.) and have it all pile back on.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I went to make coffee and took my muscle relaxer, advil and crestor(cholesterol) with my first cup of coffee. I ate nothing, just went to work.

Around 12 I was starving, so I stopped at Mcdonalds for a burger and fries, because it was easy.

I came home a 6pm and again, stopped off for some fast food. Maybe Boston Market or something 'good' for me.

I ate, cleaned a bit and went to lay down. 6-7 pm in bed, at 47 years of age, SEVEN PM!!

One year ago today I found my old MFP account. It started as a whim to lose 10 pounds FAST....what could I do, what could I take??? Checked on Ali....uh dont want to poo my pants. Others would make me jittery.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

I logged onto MFP and put in all of my food for the prior week:noway: I ate WHAT?? You see as a single meal it didnt seem bad, but looking at it as the enemy is is to my body....no way!

Well I lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise. Did I lose 10 pounds before 4th of July last year, hell no! But....over the next 6 months my life changed. Changed in a great way. I am off the cholesterol meds, no more muscle relaxers, cuz guess what? Exercise IS a muscle relaxer!!

I eat breakfast each morning, have snacks, eat veggies and hummus (shout out Tam!) and use good fats (shout out Banks!!) on my big plate of salad, and I LOVE IT!!

I go to bed at 9-10 and have a life with my family. I jump out of bed in the morning-my body LIFTS me because I treat it well.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    You're such an inspiration!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Great post. The way I felt was also the reason I started this journey. I would start my day with a pot of coffee. Actually, I ate pretty well until I got home. I would come home from teaching all day and take a nap. Then when I woke up, I would start eating and didn't stop until I dropped off to sleep around 10. I felt awful and old all the time back then. I changed my eating habits and started exercising. I feel like I'm in my 20s again. I seriously haven't had this much energy since before I became a mom. It can be done but there are no "quick fixes". You need to eat well and exercise to not only lose weight, but to become a healthier and more energetic person.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    arewethereyet, I love what you said about exercise being a muscle relaxer! It's so true!! Joints too! Before I was working out recently, my back was soo stiff and I could never pop it like I used to... now I just turn and it pops beautifully & it feels so loosey goosey! I LOVE it. I feel amazing. :)

thanks for reminding me. Better get my sneaks on and get my muscle relaxer going!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have officially decided that I can't read the boards without post it notes!! I am going to start covering my mirror with inspirational thoughts! Thanks so much you guys for the inspiration! I love it!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have officially decided that I can't read the boards without post it notes!! I am going to start covering my mirror with inspirational thoughts! Thanks so much you guys for the inspiration! I love it!:flowerforyou:

So true!! I am thinking up mine to post right now!!
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's funny my "quick fix" has acutally been...eating right and exercising! lol. I've tried pills (I remember Hydroxycut, Farenheit, and Avesil), a cleanse and acai thing, and just exercising - all leading to no real results. Multiple times last year I would get on fire and go for the gym for a few weeks but didn't change how I ate and had NO weight loss.

So last March I decided enough was enough. I changed how I ate AND started exercising, and after the first period of adjustment, the weight has almost been flying off since! I think it's starting to slow now, but this change has really been my quick fix!

Of course, MFP and being on the forums has really helped. You guys are great motivation!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It's funny my "quick fix" has acutally been...eating right and exercising! lol. I've tried pills (I remember Hydroxycut, Farenheit, and Avesil), a cleanse and acai thing, and just exercising - all leading to no real results. Multiple times last year I would get on fire and go for the gym for a few weeks but didn't change how I ate and had NO weight loss.

So last March I decided enough was enough. I changed how I ate AND started exercising, and after the first period of adjustment, the weight has almost been flying off since! I think it's starting to slow now, but this change has really been my quick fix!

Of course, MFP and being on the forums has really helped. You guys are great motivation!

jumping0041.gif
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thank you for that! I love your motto, and it has been something I have been trying to remember since the very beginning when i made the decision to get back into shape and feel good for me and for the well being of my family. It can be very frustrating to reach a point where your body doesn't want to lose weight, and trying to tweek things either in your diet, or your exercise program to get your body to cooperate. But, this is something that will take time. It takes hard work and a consistent effort, and its not easy, and sometimes its hard not to complain. But, its so rewarding over time to feel how great your body feels from just good ol' fashioned eating well and exercising. You are an inspiration and I admire your energy and the way you reach out to help others with their weightloss journey as well. I hope others recognize the hard work that you've put into changing your life and learn from that, and understand that quick fixes aren't the answer to long term health. Awesome job!!!!!!!! You look fabulous!! :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love this post and noticed it had been 2 weeks since it was bumpred. I figured there must be someone out there who needs to read it. It helped me to read it again!!

Thanks Jeanie.

D
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    ur my mom's age... and can i just say u look like u could be her mom!!!! (dont tell her i said that lol)
    im finally taking her for her first walk EVER

she takes cholesterol meds, hypertension meds, muscles ache EVERY DAY! she feels like the bit of dishes is a workout. she tells me "u dont know what i do!" and sometimes says "i barely eat anything!!!"
    and i reply... its true! i eat more than u.

excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses.
    at last.. she told me "when i was ur age.. i was in a better shape than u!"
    so i said "when ill be ur age, ill be in the same shape i am in right NOW!"

her blood pressure was SOARING 2 days ago. so she decided to try my way for the weekend and see.....
    tho i am excited to cook for her and take her for walks... im afraid i dont have much faith!

u cant change some1 who doesnt wanna change!

congratulations on the life changing turn u've taken!!
    the coming years are probably gonna be the best years of ur life! thats how i wanna feel at my 40s.
    ur an inspiration.
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping, Dee.

A year will go by regardless....an inspirational post-it if I ever saw one!
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    Thank you for that. I too have thought about doing it the "quick" way but it always ended up more bad than good.

Thank you for the motivation. I see now that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, if I keep persevering.

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I went to make coffee and took my muscle relaxer, advil and crestor(cholesterol) with my first cup of coffee. I ate nothing, just went to work.

Around 12 I was starving, so I stopped at Mcdonalds for a burger and fries, because it was easy.

I came home a 6pm and again, stopped off for some fast food. Maybe Boston Market or something 'good' for me.

I ate, cleaned a bit and went to lay down. 6-7 pm in bed, at 47 years of age, SEVEN PM!!

One year ago today I found my old MFP account. It started as a whim to lose 10 pounds FAST....what could I do, what could I take??? Checked on Ali....uh dont want to poo my pants. Others would make me jittery.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

I logged onto MFP and put in all of my food for the prior week:noway: I ate WHAT?? You see as a single meal it didnt seem bad, but looking at it as the enemy is is to my body....no way!

Well I lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise. Did I lose 10 pounds before 4th of July last year, hell no! But....over the next 6 months my life changed. Changed in a great way. I am off the cholesterol meds, no more muscle relaxers, cuz guess what? Exercise IS a muscle relaxer!!

I eat breakfast each morning, have snacks, eat veggies and hummus (shout out Tam!) and use good fats (shout out Banks!!) on my big plate of salad, and I LOVE IT!!

I go to bed at 9-10 and have a life with my family. I jump out of bed in the morning-my body LIFTS me because I treat it well.

SOooo cool you bumped this today DeeDee!! I see I lost another 6 or so pounds eating maintence calories this year. I am so thankful I found MFP and changed my life.

Now it is another year later, still healthy and happy!

You can do it!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ur my mom's age... and can i just say u look like u could be her mom!!!! (dont tell her i said that lol)
    im finally taking her for her first walk EVER

she takes cholesterol meds, hypertension meds, muscles ache EVERY DAY! she feels like the bit of dishes is a workout. she tells me "u dont know what i do!" and sometimes says "i barely eat anything!!!"
    and i reply... its true! i eat more than u.

excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses.
    at last.. she told me "when i was ur age.. i was in a better shape than u!"
    so i said "when ill be ur age, ill be in the same shape i am in right NOW!"

her blood pressure was SOARING 2 days ago. so she decided to try my way for the weekend and see.....
    tho i am excited to cook for her and take her for walks... im afraid i dont have much faith!

u cant change some1 who doesnt wanna change!

congratulations on the life changing turn u've taken!!
    the coming years are probably gonna be the best years of ur life! thats how i wanna feel at my 40s.
    ur an inspiration.

It is so hard to see someone we love so much not living up to their potential! I know how your mom feels, I was the same way. I thought......................"Eh, I am in my late 40's I deserve to have a break after raising the kids and working all these years!"
    Now I thing "EH I am WORTH feeling healthy and happy!!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!