Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

152-152 my *kitten*!!! No way that body looks too damn good to be over 150 :P

:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    275x5 for 2 second pause squats.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    I have no updates, I've been very naughty and not done much in the way of lifting. Oh well.

I'm changing gyms and the new gym has a lot of very experienced lifters (some commonwealth games and Olympic lifters/boxers) so watch this space, you may see some new goals/achievements from me :D

There have been some fantastic results from everyone!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    275x5 for 2 second pause squats.

LIKE!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Chris I've been waiting for you to push a comp on Sara!!

It's so much fun! And if you already strong, I don't see why you wouldn't :laugh: In saying that, novice comps are great for anyone who knows the big 3 and the support you get from the other lifters will quite often make you break PB's anyway I think!

I am 152 - 153 (well, I will be after the holiday bloat goes :wink: ). taso was encouraging me to do a competition but I have not done one yet. I think I may look into it when I get a bit more strength gains when I bulk. The thought is nerve wracking though I have to admit - especially as I am sure I would be twice the age of the average female competing.

Don't worry about age, PL is not a young girls sport. That's the best thing about it, that you can expect that with time and effort you will keep getting better and stronger until way older! e.g. my trainer just competed at the Oceania PL comp here is Aus. She came 3rd, but the woman who won her division (under 53kgBW) pulled a 150kg DL and squatted 120kg... she's in her 50s and they were comp PBs as far as I understand...
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    Well I can officially say I have started my lifting training. My new PT is a power lifter here in Aus. :happy:

I got to do my first ever deadlift today so working on technique, but I did 2 x 10 @ 40kg and then 2 x 10 @ 50kg

I also got back into bench:
    1 x 10 @ 20kg
    1 x 10 @ 40kg
    1 x 5 @ 50kg

And I tried my hand at box squats (previously I'd not done any weighted squats due to knee problems)
    1 x 10 unweighted
    1 x 10 @ 10kg
    1 x 10 @ 20kg

It was a great introduction I think I'm gonna :love: it!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    nice work Lynxie!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    good stuff Lynxie. Who is your trainer?

I was doing strongman training today. 180kg farmers walks (total 90kg per side) x40m x2 Was quite happy with that.
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    My trainer is Jeremy Wilson. I believe he broke some of the junior records in 2010 or 2011. He's only in early 20s
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    ...and since I seemed to kill the thread, I'll mention that I've been working on strength some more with my PT. I did a couple of sets of barbell row @ 50kg which is a PB and progressive 4 sets of lat pull downs from 20kg up to 40kg. Also got to drag around a tyre which was pretty fun :laugh:

What have you all been up to? smashing PBs I hope!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Great stuff Lynxie! You'll see those numbers increase quickly at first. The first 6 months of weight training are so much fun because you make such quick amazing gains. It's lots to do with confidence and technique at the moment, your strength potential is likely much greater than that.

I'm wondering if my post-baby return will be a bit like those days...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    So, had a pretty good week or so.

Deadlift: got a PR on a single I pulled at the end of a working set 280lb
    Squats: PR for reps at 200 x 3 and did a single before the holidays at 210lb
    Bench: finally got the big boy plates on today - 135lb
    OHP - still challenging. Highest weight was before the holidays at 95lb.

Very happy considering I am still cutting.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    As of right now, five months in:

Deadlift: 495 PR this past Monday.
    Squat: still stuck at 395 (it's been there for a couple of months), though I'll just blame this on the fact that I often pull deads three times per week.
    Bench: 245 PR on Wednesday.
    OHP: 175. Hoping to break this Saturday.

Edit to add: current body weight of 210. Bleh, my relative strength is still garbage.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Squat: still stuck at 395 (it's been there for a couple of months), though I'll just blame this on the fact that I often pull deads three times per week.

Edit to add: current body weight of 210. Bleh, my relative strength is still garbage.

How the hell do you do deads 3 x a week? Once a week is about all my old body can cope with!

Grats on the PR!
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting in late August of this year. So far I'm happy with the progress!

Starting stats:
    - Body weight: 237 lbs
    - Squat: 235 lbs
    - Deadlift: 285 lbs
    - Bench: 165 lbs
    - Press: 105 lbs

My final stats for 2012:
    - Body weight: 208 lbs (-29)
    - Squat: 380 lbs (+145)
    - Deadlift: 385 lbs (+100)
    - Bench: 225 lbs (+60)
    - Press: 145 lbs (+40)

ETA - also went from 0 pull-ups to 10.

That is some awesome reading congrats
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

How the hell do you do deads 3 x a week? Once a week is about all my old body can cope with!

Grats on the PR!

Well, two to three would be more accurate, as it really depends on how I am feeling that week. One day is used for pure heavy DL work, which for example this past Monday: 225x5(warmup)/315x3/365x3/405x3/455x2/495x1/315x9 (death set just because I felt like torching myself). Tonight was a lighter day, 225x5 (warmup)/275x5/315x3/405x3/425x1/405x2/315x5. Saturday, I'll either hit DL again after OHP, or if my back is being pissy, I'll just bench again instead.

Honestly, I am mostly looking forward to getting off of the deficit train that I have been on since I started lifting. I definitely feel like I could be progressing faster if I were eating more than 1500 damned calories per day. LoL.
  • mkim3138
    Options
    Body Weight - 182 lbs

Deadlift:420 x 2
    Squat: 375 x 2
    Bench 355 x 2
    OHP: I don't do this lol
  • Gunsentry
    Gunsentry Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Body Weight - 80Kg
    Age 49

Deadlift:170Kg x 5
    Squat: 120Kg x 5
    Bench 85Kg x 5
    OHP: 55Kg x 5
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    After 3 weeks of fighting sinuses, crap in my lungs, and coughing up a storm, I felt good enough to try a full push in the gym today.

Deadlifted 550 lbs - new pr, and getting that much closer to breaking 1400 total!
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    535 squat, 415 bench, 660 deadlift