Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

just don't like people who look like they try soooo hard

I think you meant to say you dont like people who work out hard, you prefer those who read magazines on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes without turning the machine on and then call it a day...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    To put things into perspective, whilst I am impressed and would love to date someone who had that level of commitment to fitness, I suspect that if you asked the average person on the street who doesn't care about stuff like this and just wants to lose weight, they will not appreciate what she looks like or the effort she's gone through. Nothing to do with "hating" (we all hate something!).

I mean, on MFP, it appears that 90% of replies are in awe of her and the other 10% are considering quitting MFP. In the real world, I suspect it's the other way round.

Actually, OPer, may I post this on a largely male car forum?
  • cleanjerksnatch
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

I agree but some men DO like that. I personally do not, I'd prefer a farm girl for that matter.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!!! I really need to start lifting weights!
  • Just_do_it_xo
    Just_do_it_xo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    She is definitely and inspiration!!!! that takes dedication! *BRAVO*:love:
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great except for the implants. I'm not a fan of fake boobies.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

Every woman should lift weight, for no other reason than to fend off osteoporosis.

The woman in that photo will be lifting very heavy and eating a very careful diet. You won't get like that just adding weights to your routine.

You may think she looks weird, but skinny fat is weirder.

<3 YOU!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

Weight lifting is functional, and not always about size and muscle growth. I hope you never have children. Otherwise, you shouldn't pick them up. That's lifting weights.

Lifting weights (although great for the people who end up with awesome bodies) is for me about mobility and function. Being able to use your own strength to lift yourself off the ground, to put stuff on high shelves, to pick up small children, etc. Lifting weights lets your prevent bone brittleness (osteoporosis) and loss of movement when you get older.

When you get older and those people who fall and can't get up, it's because of muscle atrophy and bone brittleness. Lifting weights prevents that. Staying active in all types of movement prevents that. Lifting weights helps with balance.

So if you don't want to look like that, that's fine, but you don't have to - even lifting weights. I don't look like that and I lift heavy weights.

Well said!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    She looks great--congrats to you both on your hard work. I really don't get the "cartoon character" comments. Her boobs? They look proportional to her frame and body size. I've seen threads from other posters here talking about getting implants or a lift and they get tons of "you go girl" replies.
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What a great team you too are! :)
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing! Way to go girl!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

really? "not trying too hard" is what got me to where i need to lose 210 to be in a healthy BMI. "not trying too hard" is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.

and let me tell you something, if you saw Yo in the streets, wearing jeans and sneakers and a hoodie, hair in a messy pony and end-of-the-day make up on - you would think that she looks "effortlessly beautiful". she's flexing in a bikini and heels for fitness photos. toss on a pair of jeans or a flirty dress and she'll look like a hot, fit woman. because that's what she IS!

@Yo (if this thread hasn't scared her off) your hard work is INSPIRING. you, my dear lady, kick *kitten*! you are the epitome of "lift like a man to look like a goddess". you should be proud of yourself. now go on out there and strut it b/c you GOT IT!

@Matt - i can see why she said yes. you're not only supporting her in how she wants to look, but you defended her in a VERY zen way. srsly, these haters in here got my ginger way up, but you stayed cool as a cucumber. true partner material. good on you!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I think you meant to say you dont like people who work out hard, you prefer those who read magazines on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes without turning the machine on and then call it a day...

No, I meant to say exactly what I said. If I look at someone and my first thought is "OMG she must be spending so much time in the gym", I don't consider that positive. To me, dedicating time to be healthy does not end up looking like this. Looking like this comes from dedicating a large amount of time to "I want to look like this and this". This, to me, is plain superficial.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I have sat and read this entire thread...

Nearly every woman has made comment about her implants.... I'm not sure what it is about the feminine sex that requires we compare and judge one another...

Who cares if she has implants.... He's said a million times that they were there before this... I personally like implants when done by a good dr... I would personally live a pair but most find a rich sugar daddy with two feet in the grave and no children to contest his newly drawn up will first! Anyways.... Ladies you need to get over yourselves...

I haven't seen any men expect maybe one that said they perfer soft 'jiggly' women... A women's idea of what a woman should look like and a mans are completely different... So chill the hell out...take a breath...we understand your jealous of her getting attention over you...which seems to be what 99% of cat fights boil down to...

This woman is an inspiration to everyone...she's dedicated and it shows...
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    She looks amazing and I admire her hard work and love her body. I just wonder if she had not gotten breast implants would men be holding her picture up this way as an example of how sexy heavy lifting is? I'm not judging her for having breast implants, but it's her choice and it's not a choice every women wants: to spend a fortune to be cut open and have things put inside our bodies, I think that's reasonable to not want that. As a women, I am not inspired by men drooling over breast implants. I want to see what is actually possible. No amount of weight lifting is going to make breast implants sprout out on our bodies.

If it helps, I was mainly looking at her shoulders, abs, face and thighs as I know her breasts are implants so not keen. I am personally happier if she had natural smaller breasts.

That said, if someone wants breast implants, that's none of my business.
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Squat deep.
    I'm a 5'4 21 year old girl and I pick things up and I put them down!!!
    Train like a man look like a goddess. Lifting wont make you look butch, it'll make you look great! I lift and I'm still fairly tiny. :)
    HUGE advocator of lifting right here. :)
    125lb(56kg) squat
    115lb(52kg) deadlift

Ps, dude, your woman looks GREAT. Big inspiration for me. Thanks for posting!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    @maab_connor: I expressed my opinion without telling you what to think. Please have the decency to do the same. Thanks.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options

really? "not trying too hard" is what got me to where i need to lose 210 to be in a healthy BMI. "not trying too hard" is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.

Nah, the environment we live in encourages obesity. You don't see indigenous peoples on their native diets becoming obese even with massive food surpluses. I don't consider it anyone's fault for being overweight. Too much of the information regarding weight loss from the US Govt is incorrect as well which doesn't help.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Her muscles aren't that "big". She's not bulky by any standard- she has definition and low body fat. A+ to her :drinker:
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    No, I meant to say exactly what I said. If I look at someone and my first thought is "OMG she must be spending so much time in the gym", I don't consider that positive. To me, dedicating time to be healthy does not end up looking like this. Looking like this comes from dedicating a large amount of time to "I want to look like this and this". This, to me, is plain superficial.

I get what you mean - but then it does mean that you can be functionally fit yet flabby (see my "before" pics - always done some kind of martial art and rock climbing yet ate slightly too much). To get a great figure, you either have to watch your food or train like a mofo. Which means you have to put some kind of effort in to either achieve a given look or be even more fit than you need to be. It's an interesting topic and something I've been thinking about for my long term plan. :)