Replies

• krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That the road moved, not the cars :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My dad had me believing that Wendy's made their hamburgers from earth worms. I still to this day eat a Wendy's hamburger.
    There was some kind of urban legend about this...I remember hearing this as a kid too....
  • pebbs80
    pebbs80 Posts: 102
    Options
    When I first started driving my dad told me when I take the car in for an oil change I need to ask the guys to also rotate the air in my tires. Well three months later I took it in and there was some really cute guys in the office. I go up to the main guy and said I need an oil change... and oh yeah please make sure you rotate the air in my tires.

This guy said "excuse me, what was that again" so I repeated myself.. well all those cute guys behind him started busting up. I think I turned 50 shades of red that day. The guy said sure... then he saw my last name and figured out it was my dad that told me. When I got home my dad was working in the garage and I told him how the guys laughed at me and how I was so pissed they didn't listen... My dad started busting up and said "You seriously asked them to do that?" I ofcourse said yeah... he then says "Sis I was joking with you, your air rotates every time you drive silly girl..... I bet none of those guys ask you out now" and they didn't... maybe that was his plan all along ha ha
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    That size doesn't matter
    Not everyone wants one the size of a forearm. :noway:

but you don't want one the size of your thumb either...ask me how I know!

Size only matters if *something* is way too big, or way too small

i agree lol there has to be a middle ground not HUGE and not small
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    La llorona....Google it...Its horrible and my people teach their kids about this woman all the time. My grandpa used to say if we didnt go to bed on time she was going to appear in our windows.. :(

Yes, my kids paternal grandparents use to tell them this all the time...
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    La llorona....Google it...Its horrible and my people teach their kids about this woman all the time. My grandpa used to say if we didnt go to bed on time she was going to appear in our windows.. :(
    Hahahaha I was just telling a friend this weekend about her! ***** still scares me :)
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    That if I peed in a swimming pool, the water around me would turn bright yellow so everyone would know.
    kind of the same idea, except that that it would turn red, but now they make dye packs that do that...or so I've been told....

This was in a movie recently, can't remember which one but a bunch of guys were in the pool and the water around them turned blue...pretty funny.

Grown ups is the movie you are speaking of
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Do you know those donation bins for abused women and kids that usually sit in parking lots (may be a regional thing?) anyway my mom told me that's where they put kids when they've been bad and that if I didn't straighten up she would put me in there with all the other abandoned children. I had nightmares for years of kids being shoved in there, huddled together and starving. I believed that for a looong time.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    That Doan's pills were itching pills. Let me explain . . . When I was a kid, my step mom used to keep a tin of these in her dresser drawer. I asked her what they were and she said, "itching pills, you take these and they make you itch real bad." I was puzzled why anyone would take pills to make them itch and remained that way for the next 30 years or so until one day I spotted Doan's pills at the drugstore. I said to myself, there's those "itching pills". I picked them up and read the label, PAIN PILLS! I burst out laughing just like now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    When I was little I thought everyone had a twin. I'm a twin, both of us girls but fraternal. The neighbors up the street were twins, a boy and girl. I understood twins don't always look alike so I just thought people always came in pairs. My best friend Shelly from across the street was not a twin but they had seven kids in their fam very close in age and I just assumed they were all matched up (didn't occur to me that 7 is an odd number.) When we went to kindergarten they split the twins up. Shelly and Julie was in my sister's class. Julie's twin brother in my class. I asked Shelly why her twin wasnt in my class and thats when I found out she didnt have one. I went home telling my mom how weird it was that Shelly didnt have a twin and she explained most people don't. Blew my mind.
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to think Tabasco was an illegal substance when I was little...I didn't really know what it was! I just remember telling my parents not to talk about it so boldly because the police might hear them. Oh dear!
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The hotter it is in a room when you workout the more you sweat and you lose more weight
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    If I swallowed a watermelon seed then one would grow in my belly SMH!!!!!!!!!!!

My Great-Uncle used to tell me that all the time. My mom yelled at him when she found out. haha
  • majorbaka
    majorbaka Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was young I believed in god/Jesus - around 13 or so I grew up when my Boys Brigade (similar to scouts) leader told me there was no such thing as dinosaurs! First time I every remember disagreeing/arguing with an adult.

Now committed atheist!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That drinking and driving was illegal (I mean drinking anything...) until I was about 10 and I got upset with my dad for drinking a can of coke while driving, then he laughed at me :(
  • enb5056
    enb5056 Posts: 31
    Options
    jackalopes, theyre all over west usa ;)
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My grandpa had me convinced that white cows made white milk and brown cows made chocolate milk!!! :P

I thought this too lol
  • sharonmcdowell2
    Options
    As a very small child who had just lost her dog I was told the the full moon was the window to doggie heaven. The shadows were the dogs looking out at me. I don't know when I learned that this wasn't true, but I love my memories of childhood.
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That it took 3 months after coming off birth control to get pregnant. My daughter being born 9 months after I ran out certainly dispels that myth.

Also I used to think eyelash curlers were just tiny curling irons for your eyelashes. They sounded terrifying and I always wondered how people didn't burn their eyes.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that jackalopesexisted and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jackalopes. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Edited: I meant jackalopes! Sorry! :flowerforyou: